Wetlook-Online

Message # 5036.4.1.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Hi Mark!

Date: Sat 02/08/03 01:10:32 GMT

Name: MK us

Email: wamtec@compuserve.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Gee...join the queue....if I could get a job working for Mike, I would not be doing mickey mouse productions in Florida either. Every time I chat with Mike there is nothing much I can say about the silly stuff I shoot....not when he is telling me about some submarine scene he just shot with Denise Richards on a Bond film. Earlier this year he was out in Greece shooting Angelina Jolie's underwater scenes for Tomb Raider 2...and then telling me how hopeless Pierce Brosnan was to work with on Die Another Day, cos he is rather feeble in the water and uses stunt doubles.

You can read up on what Mike's projects on his website

http://www.valentinefilms.clara.net/

You can find lots of mpeg clips on his site you can download to view his work.

Mike a different league to all of us...i.e. his definition of a "low budget" production like that KOSHEEN video...is any project done for less than 100,000 pounds. Normally he works on films with budgets of 50 to 100 million bucks.

FYI...Mike shot many of the famous wet scenes you all know from various movies...i.e.

1) The Angelina Jolie (again) wet stockings scene in the pool from HACKERS.

2) The famous wet business suit scene from Indian Jones and the Last Crusade.

3) Gwyneth Paltrow's wet scene from Shakespeare in love.

Heck...I would carry his bags, shine his shoes and make coffee for him and work for nothing...just to be around the guy.

However...he travels all over the world and is mostly away on location (he only chats on email or forums about once every 3-4 months..whenever is he back home in the uk.

As for making big bucks from underwater or wet fetishes...I don't think that is the case. Mike just happens to be one of the best cinematographers in the UK...and as he often tells me...he tends to shoot a lot of what he likes to see done..in a way that he feels is very sexy....but he always gets disappointed when the director and editor have "final cut" approval and they tend to drop 90% of his footage from the final cut of the film or music video...cos the powers that be don't want to dwell on things too much...i.e. make scenes that are blatantly gratuitous (which is more or less what every wetlook producer does...i.e. "gratuitous" is what wetlook is all about).

Mike definitely prefers to see clothes in the water though...e.g. he shot the red dress in the pool music video made with P.J Harvey and also that INXS music video too.

He certainly leads the life of Riley...not just all the actresses he gets to film in pool...checkout the pic on his site with him and the newest James Bond car...thats a cool looking car.

MK

In reply to Message (5036.4.1.1) Help Me Hi Mark!

By leonmoomin - leonmoomin@madasafish.com gb Fri 01/08/03 22:35:18 GMT

PLEASE!

Ask him if he wants an assistant?  That is exactly what I would want to be doing.

I have loads of great ideas for music vids and stuff based around using my fetish for insperation.

It IS possible to make big bucks from our fetish, you just have to go about it in the right way!

leonmoomin Drink Me

In reply to Message (5036.4.1) Hello fyi...more about that music video

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Fri 01/08/03 14:13:41 GMT

FYI...that music video was shot by a fellow producer friend of mine, Mike Valentine. Mike is based in London and is a world class underwater film maker who shoots underwater scenes for big budget Hollywood films like Aliens 3, and the last 2 James Bond films. Some of his resume is here

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Valentine,+Mike

More recently he just shot the underwater scenes on the latest Lara Craft movie, and has made dozens of music videos, including one of my favorites, Come Undone with Duran Duran.

Here is part of a discussion with Mike from another forum, regarding that music video and his other projects. He is a secret wetlook and underwater fan too...though he cannot reveal that to the big stars he works with.

By Mike Valentine on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 09:45 pm:

Hi Everyone!  I would like to bring you all up to date with what we have been shooting and what to look out for in the future. First thanks for the kind comments in another thread about a new pop video we shot recently for the band KOSHEEN. This was a low budget shoot but I hope you agree that the results are great. Again thanks for the recent post of my images from a DURAN DURAN video I shot years ago featuring a girl chained up and thrown into a pool...........One to look out for soon is a new video for an up and coming band called BELL X1. In this video we feature an underwater fight between a guy and a girl, shot in a 'fightclub' style..........hope the record company releases it soon.

And now to the wonderful world of feature films....I mentioned some time ago that we had shot a prolonged drowning scene with Nicole Kidman in THE HOURS. Well imagine my how I felt seeing just 3 shots in the final film.......what happened to the thousands of feet of film I shot? I was finally told by the powers that be, that to achieve a wider audience the censorship certificate could only achieve a lower category if the harrowing drowning scenes were all cut out!  Oh Well when I update the web site in a couple of months I will post a few out takes and as long as you all promise not to do anything silly you can see something of what should have been. Also on the new site I will take you behind the scenes of Tomb Raider 2. Hope you like the scenes, Angelina was a delight to work with and is a very good scuba diver, although I don't know if she smokes! A picture to look out for next year is "SOUND OF THUNDER" A sci fi action adventure.The scene we shot takes place inside a subway car which becomes completlely flooded....if this is not enough our Hero and Heroine are suddenly attacked by a 30 foot monster eel....Will they get out alive???? Well we spent a Million Dollars shooting this sequence and they won't cut that scene will they ?

Anyway guys and galls before I go just to let you know that we shoot next year in the Red Sea! I can Guarantee some sexy underwater scenes !!!

from MK, about Kosheen video: Nice video ...thats the kind of scene I would like to shoot...i.e. a chroma key living room scene as Esther Williams did in Texas Carnival.

By Mike Valentine on Friday, August 1, 2003 - 05:55 am:

Thanks for the kind comments Mark, I used 30' x 16' blue screen with a mix and overlay package. Although shot 35mm the scenes were recorded digitally from the film cameras video tap. I was then able with, an underwater video monitor, to line the underwater camera up with a mix of the above water footage for perfect allignment. The sscenes were then composited together in post production. Keep up the great work at Wamtec! Kind Regards Mike.

Mike is a lucky guy...he gets to work with all the big stars. FYI...last week I worked with a camera guy on my mickey mouse shoot who shot the pool scenes with Denise Richards and Neve Campbell on the movie WILD THINGS...and he tells me that was a VERY hot scene to shoot...it was a closed set and nobody but him, the director and the 2 actresses were allowed on set.

MK

In reply to Message (5036.4) Hello Kosheen

By first mail - nl Fri 01/08/03 12:30:09 GMT

This is the new single of Kosheen.

http://www.kosheen.co.uk/

In reply to Message (5036) Hello new UK music video - video stream

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Thu 31/07/03 15:16:26 GMT

Website: http://mcms-delivery.virtuebroadcasting.com/deliverMedia.asp?id=7097FE03-EE76-4C87-8C7E-20B942A898BF

FYI, this the kind of video I like to see...wetlook with underwater shots.

http://mcms-delivery.virtuebroadcasting.com/deliverMedia.asp?id=7097FE03-EE76-4C87-8C7E-20B942A898BF&delivery=stream

However...they got the title of this song wrong...they called it "It's all in my head"...it should have been called "It's all in my pants"...ha ha

MK

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.044 seconds to generate ]