minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Sat 20/04/24 01:37:08 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook-Online
Wetlook-Online

Message # 48235.7.1

Subject: None Anthony, I hear you, but...

Date: Thu 30/12/10 11:02:46 GMT

Name: FountainFrolic us

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Asking someone to associate an email address is not asking them to give up anonymity in this day and age.  You don't have to use an email account that you use for anything else in your life.  Set up a free one as something like AnonWetlook at any of the many free email services available - gmail, yahoo, aol, msn, etc etc.  If anyone things doing THAT is giving up too much privacy, then I think we should just do without them in the interests of keeping the trolls out and keeping the forum usable for the majority.
In reply to Message (48235.7) None Re:Attn Leomoonin, Nigel, Spam Patrol: Time for a change

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Thu 30/12/10 10:02:37 GMT

The spamming is a nuisance, and will always be a problem while the forum does not require a login. If this forum were converted to require membership/login, yes the spamming would go away. The most important concern with such a change is that the forum would become less inclusive. People who can freely express themselves on this open forum would have to accept a degree of traceability connecting an email account to their forum membership. Some people may consider it too much of a loss of confidentiality or privacy, so may feel excluded if they have to sign up to use this forum. Personally, I don't think it's a big deal. I would guess that most of the people who post here would not be put off by a need to sign up, but there will always be some who will only participate if they are confident of their anonymity. Unfortunately it's that same anonymity which is also exploted by the spammers. So, are you asking Nigel to make a policy change, moving away from "as inclusive as possible" so that we can reduce the spam?

I'm not advocating a position here, just making sure the issue is clear and that we are all aware of what has been said before.

In reply to Message (48235) Idea Attn Leomoonin, Nigel, Spam Patrol: Time for a change

By wetwhiteandblue - us Thu 30/12/10 08:53:45 GMT

This has gone on too long and it will continue to get worse.  I suggest that this forum becomes a "sign up" membership forum with username and password.  The password should be an assigned one from the forum and unchangeable by the user.  I think this will be a better control for people like "anonymous" constantly spamming the forum.  I do understand it'll be tedious to get a system working here, but I think it's worth the consideration.

Comments anyone?

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.030 seconds to generate ]