Wetlook-Online

Message # 46813.3.1.1.2.1.1

Subject: Pulsing Re:WAM/Wetlook Awards

Date: Sun 14/11/10 17:06:26 GMT

Name: leonmoomin wx

Email: leonmoomin@ntlworld.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
MK and myself are expats, I'm Welsh living in England, MK is English living in Florida!

I'm just proud of the fact that I'm Welsh.  I may not sound it and I am living in England, but I'm born and bred Welsh, with a long Welsh heritage.

leonmoomin

In reply to Message (46813.3.1.1.2.1) Square Re:WAM/Wetlook Awards

By Malvineous - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Sun 14/11/10 16:43:01 GMT

Totally off topic -- I find it curious how some people identify with being British (e.g. myself, Arthur), and others as English (e.g. MessyLaura, MK), Scots (sneakerluvr) and Welsh (the Moomin). Don't recall seeing anyone here from Eire or Northern Ireland though.

Actually, I find the notion of a Welsh, Scots or Irish wetlook lover a curious notion -- surely with all that rain, they'd be just glad to be dry? I mean, living in a country of soaked men and women must be fun for a few days, maybe weeks, but after that .... :)

In reply to Message (46813.3.1.1.2) None Re:WAM/Wetlook Awards

By Arthur+Chappell - arthur@chappell7300.freeserve.co.uk gb Sun 14/11/10 12:44:45 GMT

This link shows stills from two episodes with Susan St. James In the water in the series - doesn't state which episodes they are though - she's dressed in red in one scene - just her head above water in the other http://www.wetinred.com/showclip.php?clip=1053
In reply to Message (46813.3.1.1) None Re:WAM/Wetlook Awards

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net ex Sun 14/11/10 12:16:22 GMT

>love the parody idea

Well....I think that would be a fair competition and subject matter for all wetlook producers to do, no matter if you are amateur solo girl producer or a bigger budget producer who makes more lavish productions with many girls....cos the size of your budget or how many girls you have in your production is not really a factor when it comes to being "entertaining".....cos you do not need to make a lavish Peter Sellers style pool party scene with a dozen girls in order to get loads of views....cos you can be just as entertaining and get just as many views by doing a simple solo girl parody such as the Madonna Cherish video. The main thing is....you need to be entertaining and not boring....and too many wetlook videos are too serious or too fetish oriented....and thats not really a good way to promote the wetlook culture....cos it is better to be funny or entertaining or do something wild and crazy as a wetlook stunt. The simple "girl in the bath or shower for no reason" won't cut it any more...that is boring. Wetlook needs to have some additional context or flavour or spontaneity....cos we producers are all guilty of producing too much "pabulum" (girl gets wet for no reason....i.e. the wetlook posing session)...and I would like to encourage more amateur and pro producers to do things in more unique and creative ways...as you see Leon doing all the time...and as EuroWAM TEAM does with his Wetlook Hunter concept.

Anyway....if somebody wants to organize a competition for Wetlook Parodies....it needs to be run by somebody who is not a producer themselves....so it is completely independent.....than I am willing to sponsor some of cash prizes....and the fans will be the winners cos they will get to see lots of wetlook parodies posted for free on Youtube and on theWambank...and the winners of the competition will get a few bucks so they can buy new camera gear or take their wife or girlfriend to the shopping mall for a treat.

>Also, a more afluent professional producer may well e able to turn out consistantly quality produce,

>but the low key video maker or camera user who gets a unique shot of a wetlook moment no one else sees is to be praised -

That is what I mean.....you do not need to be a big budget producer with loads of girls in order to get lots of views and to "go viral" on Youtube.....cos you can be just as entertaining if you are only one girl doing a parody of the Madonna Cherish video...which is easy for anybody with a girlfriend and a $120 flipcam camera to do. But you must be "entertaining"...and funny or spontaneous.....you can't be boring....i.e. doing a wetlook session that is just a pure modelling session....cos that is as boring as most of those "Trash the Dress" videos you see on Youtube....i.e. 90% of those videos are great for insomniacs....cos they send me to sleep...and they all make the mistake of trying to be too clever and using too many editing effects and fancy artsy lighting...which sucks for wetlook...and they completely fail as entertainment.....cos they are no more interesting than being strapped to a chair while watching your Aunt Mildred';s vacation videos.

> I was watcing Susan Saint James getting wet in a clingy short skirt in an episode of Macmilan & Wife

Are you sure about that...and your memories are not exxagerated in your mind after many years.....cos I have seen all the episodes of that series and I never recall any good wet scenes at all in that series. The only wet scenes I ever saw in that series were 2 very minor ones....in one episode she gets locked in a barrel that gets tossed in the ocean...and is rescued, all you see is her getting out of the barrel....and she was wearing pants in that scene as I recall. In another episode she gets wet when some sprinklers go off at a football stadium....but that is a dark scene and she is wearing a raincoats. She never wore short skirts in that series....she always wore pants or knee length maxi skirts.....and trust me....if there was any decent wetlook scenes in that series...I would not have missed it. I can check the series again...cos it is airing every weekend on my local digital cable channel....and now they are airing it in HDTV 1080 format....so I can check it again....but I am pretty sure that your mind is playing tricks with you....and no such scene like that exists in that series.....for starters....she was pregnant (in real life) for one entire season....and they wrote that into the scripts...so for many episodes she was in a long baggy dress or visibly pregnant and wearing oversized clothings.

MK

In reply to Message (46813.3.1) None Re:WAM/Wetlook Awards

By Arthur+Chappell - arthur@chappell7300.freeserve.co.uk gb Sun 14/11/10 11:09:29 GMT

Website: http://www.flixya.com/photo/1672459/Chaz_Louise_Lacy_swimming_

love the parody idea MK - Agree with the views aired on corruption issues - an online or phone vote invariably runs on who can drum up the most support rather than wch is best, and that is highly  subjective too - which is a better wetlook movie scene? A longer one? One with more girls and lots of close ups? A particularly beautiful or well known actress / model? Original context and point of the soaking in relation to the story, if any being persented? To me, the best place for wetlook is in the mainstream - a film clip that arouses newcomers to wetlook, is the next best thing to direct experience. It was watcing Susan Saint James getting wet in a clingy short skirt in an episode of Macmilan & Wife. that first made me realize that I had a special high interest in wetlook, and flooded back - pun intended - memories of being present when various real girls had taken the plunge - after that I was looking for wet scenes everywhere I could.

Also, a more afluent professional producer may well e able to turn out consistantly quality produce, but the low key video maker or camera user who gets a unique shot of a wetlook moment no one else sees is to be praised - They say if a tree falls in the woods and no one sees it we can't prove it made a sound. Similarly, many girls get wet with no one capturing or sharing the moment - without the internet or this forum, most of us would have no idea most of this wonderful wet activity is going on, or making our modest contributions to it - the awards might not do the wetlook industry much justice.  

I can also imagine Spielberg's surprise if he suddenly recieves in the post, a trophy for a brieg wetlook scene in one of his films. Can't see him standing it beside his Oscars somehow. To me, this list is a deserving award winner, as I very much see it as the epicentre of the wetlook World - a place where I no longer feel alone in my worship of a woman in wet jeans, dresses, socks, etc. Arthur Chappell

In reply to Message (46813.3) Idea Re:WAM/Wetlook Awards

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net ex Sun 14/11/10 10:08:24 GMT

I suggest you do more research and visit the UMD forum and read all the history of their "WAM Awards" that were instigated by "Chainsaw John", cos they did this for 3 years but they ended it cos things became totally corrupted and meaningless.

They had severe problems with corrupting influences, mainly from the smaller/amateur wam producers who starting to corrupt the voting process by offering all kinds of incentives to "buy votes"....i.e. vote for me and I will post a free photoset etc.....plus the ip controls were very weak and only blocked people from voting more than once in the same day, so the voting process was about as accurate as an the recent elections in IRAN....ha ha.....cos basically many producers were engaging in vote-buying ploys to get people to vote for them and everybody was voting as many times as they do in a Mexican election...ha ha

The end result was that the smaller amateur sites on UMD forum were getting the most votes cos they were the ones prostituting themselves the most and giving away free stuff to buy votes, while many of the bigger producers like myself and Leon refused to particpate in these awards and so we asked for our websites to be taken out of the running...cos the whole thing was corrupt.

There is no way to get an accurate vote within our small world of wet and messy fans....not without corrupting influences such as trying to offer free stuff to get attention....coming into play...such as offering people free clips or photosets in order to win favor with voters etc.

Frankly....I would give more credibility to "Youtube view counts" than I would to votes coming from the wet and messy fans from the Wetlook and UMD forums.....cos we know that 90% of the view counts on Youtube come from the mainstream world and those people have no biases or preferences and they just view media in an impartial way for it's entertainment value only. So a fairer way to calculate who are the most popular wet or messy entertainers....is for producers to create a sample or trailer of their work, and post it to youtube.....and just let everybody (mainstream people too) view their clip...and let the most entertaining videos "go viral" and see who gets the most views, and so you take the number of views that your video gets on youtube, and divide that number by the number of days it has been online, and that gives you an average "views per day" number....and then somebody can create a blog site that shows a chart of the most popular wet or messy videos posted to youtube etc...ranking the videos in order of "views per day" average count etc,

That way.....you will get many wet and messy producers trying to make very interesting clips for you all to see on Youtube....and you avoid most of the corrupting influences and vote buying scandals that we had in the past.....cos most of the views will come from the mainstream world, and those people do not care about our own internal world....they just like to watch videos that are well made and are entertaining.

Personally, what I would be interested in supporting.....would be a competition called   "The Wetlook Parody Awards".....where everybody is invited to shoot their own wetlook parody of any famous movie or tv scene or music video they want to re-create (i.e. the Madonna - Cherish video would be a good example.....or a parody of the Joan and Linda pond fight from Dynasty would be great too)....and then post it to youtube and we will make it a free clip on thewambank too.....and then prizes are awarded for who's videos gets the most views on Youtube + theWambank  in a 3 month period etc. I would be interested in sponsoring some of the cash prizes for a competition like that.

MK

In reply to Message (46813) None WAM/Wetlook Awards

By sploshaholic - sploshaholic@gmail.com us Sat 13/11/10 22:33:53 GMT

I'm looking into putting together for us to vote on our favorite WAM sites and producers for their respective categories. I'm trying to come up with at least 10 different categories to include in this. Anybody have any good ideas?

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.034 seconds to generate ]