Wetlook-Online

Message # 45559.1.1.1.1.1

Subject: None Re:law enforcement perspective

Date: Fri 13/08/10 05:26:50 GMT

Name: wetcasual no

Email: wetcasual@yahoo.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
"Certainly, this country is not perfect, but I'd like to hear what countries some people might list as being "less facist" than the US of A... "

The kind of people that calls the US of A fascist, tend to favour regimes like Venezuela, Zimbabwe, Iran, Cuba, China or even North Korea... So I guess they then consider those countries less fascist than the USA...

In reply to Message (45559.1.1.1.1) Read This law enforcement perspective

By ncgreg231 - ncgreg231@yahoo.com gy Tue 10/08/10 07:46:22 GMT

I have a little bit of time "behind the badge" and my reaction to this is that the arrest was due more to "failure to co-operate" with police, than public indecency, although public indecency was how it started.  So, here's the cop's perspective - there are a lot of people wandering the streets with active warrants for arrest, and one way to quickly end a "situation" is if the cop gets confirmation that a "troublemaker" has an active arrest warrant, and then, no matter why the situation started, there is legal ground for removing the troublemaker.  Now, "career criminals" have already learned this, and so, they refuse to give their name (or show an ID), so anyone that fails to co-operate in this manner immediately puts themself into the category of "possible criminal"  after all, if you had nothing to be afraid of, then what other reason do you have not to identify yourself?

For that matter, I think some states now have "equal rights" laws that allow women to go topless...after all, it is perfectly legal for a man to do it!

Certainly, this country is not perfect, but I'd like to hear what countries some people might list as being "less facist" than the US of A...

In reply to Message (45559.1.1.1) Talking Re:...one for Arthur Chappell

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Mon 09/08/10 14:37:57 GMT

I guess it's all a question of modesty and social values.

Assuming this woman was wearing a bra which "maintained her modesty" i.e. did not reveal nipples/areolas apart from a little "poky"ness when wet, I'd have to favour her side - the complainants and the police had nothing to complain about.

If she was wearing a thin, white bra which put her breasts on full display when wet, then I think the complainants and the police had a case under the banner of community standards for public deceny.

Unfortunately, the article doesn't go into any detail on this point - we're left to our own imaginations as to just how much her bra and t-shirt actually revealed when wet, and how much is too much for public decency in her community.

Since this was apparently not her first wet t-shirt incident at this park (just the first one which involved the police), there is perhaps one unexplored element to the whole story - that of friction between the woman in question and the complainants. Imagine, if you will, a scenario in which "mom" happens to get her t-shirt wet, unintentionally reveals just a little too much, and a bystander calls over to her suggesting/requesting that she perhaps exercise a little more discretion next time. "Mom" takes offence at being told what to do, so next time at the park she intentionally creates a bit of a display in a sort of act of defiance. This raises the ire of the bystanders who warn her "do that again and we'll call the cops". Now "mom" becomes even more defiant in the face of such a threat, and prepares for a more overt display which she delivers on her next visit. One of the bystanders calls the cops, and we have our situation. I'm not saying that that I think this happened, but is reasonable to think that something along these lines could have happened... as to what really happened, we'll probably never know.

Regardless of how revealing her wet t-shirt might have been, it does seem that the police took a needlessly heavy-handed approach to the situation. While it would have been helpful for them to get her full name for their records, I'm sure it was not a necessity and they could have relented, and let it go with a gentle warning as to community standards.

In reply to Message (45559.1.1) None ...one for Arthur Chappell

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net ex Mon 09/08/10 12:01:36 GMT

Our resident wetlook forum historian Arthur Chappell has written lots of interesting articles in his blogs about the historical and psychological aspects of wetlook thru the ages and in modern times. I am sure he can offer some insights on this subject, but I will throw in a few nuggets to start the debate rolling ...

1) I agree with wetwhiteandblue, i.e. the lady was complained about because others found her wet t shirt to be "offensive" -- but she was not bra less -- and so wearing a bra under a t shirt is no different to wearing a bikini top under a t shirt, so this is a ridiculous argument. It could only be "offensive" to some people (not me) if she were bra-less.

2) You can't make the argument that nipple pokies seen thru a bra are "offensive"....cos the most famous brand name in the world for manufacturing swimsuits are SPEEDO....and all Speedo swimsuits show nipples....it is impossible to wear a Speedo swimsuit without showing nipples. And so if you want to ban nipple pokies from waterparks, then you would have to ban all Speedo swimsuits...and also ban them all from THE OLYMPIC GAMES too.....ha ha...creating a whole new catgerory of swimming races....i.e. the pokie-less games....ha ha

3) If you read the article further, it says that this woman was a Latina woman of Peruvian descent, and all you need to do is check Youtube and you will see that 99% of all Latina women bathe in a t shirt and shorts....so this lady was merely observing her own culture and using a t shirt and shorts for modesty reasons.

4) What we have here...is a case of cultural insensitivity, and a lack of respect for Latina culture....which is NOT to wear a traditional swimsuit, but to wear t shirts and shorts instead. This can be seen in every country in South America and most countries in Asia too.

5) Note the hypocrisy of the authorities, i.e. if she had been a muslim woman, being clothed while bathing....nobody would DARE to touch that subject, cos countries are very sensitive to muslims and their culture, so nobody would dare to go after a muslim woman bathing in a t shirt.

6) To be fair, most waterparks in Florida that I have been to, do have signs posted that say "no Thongs allowed".....cos people in bible belt States like Florida and Georgia do find thongs to be offensive....so they are banned from waterparks (the Thongs are a race of people who come from Brazil.....ha ha)

7) To be fair, there are some public safety issues if you go on the waterslides....so most waterparks will ban jeans or any clothings that have belts or buckles that can get caught and injure somebody on the waterslides (and those bans are not because they are interested in your personal safetly, but because they want to protect THEMSELVES from lawsuits if somebody gets caught up on waterslide and injured.

The irony of all this is....the parents who complained about this poor lady cos it was "offending" them....probably had small kids in the pool....and their kids were probably offending people too...by doing what all kids do....i.e. peeing in the pool....ha ha.

Just to throw in another nugget to show how inconsisent the law is....regarding nipples.......most cites now allow mothers to breast feed their babies in public places...and on some public transport systems too....and there are laws everywhere that allow women to breastfeed in public, so that is not deemed to be offiensive...so how can nipples be offensive then.....and I will give you my definition what I find "offensive".....i.e. one time I was eating a chinese restaurant....when the woman on the next table who had a screaming baby that was annoying everybody with this baby.....then decides to place the baby on the table next to me...and change it's diaper....right in the middle of me eating my meal....now THATS offensive.

And as far a babies on airplanes go.....which is a pet peeve of mine...when parents with babies check in...they should be given 2 choices for their babies....i.e. "Do you want it to get shipped by Fedex or UPS"....ha ha

Anyway....over to you guys...

MK

In reply to Message (45559.1) Danger Re:A sad commentary about how uptight people can be!

By wetwhiteandblue - us Mon 09/08/10 09:43:35 GMT

Yes, this is a sad commentary!  It would have been a different story if she was braless, but this wasn't the case!  Even if the nipples were poking through her bra, that also shouldn't be an issue, cos I've been to public pools and you can still see pokies some bathing suits - both young and old!

God save me from the good people!  Heavens forbid if they should ever decide to go to a public beach!  Oh the horror!

That's my commentary!

In reply to Message (45559) Angry A sad commentary about how uptight people can be!

By Grif - us Mon 09/08/10 08:53:54 GMT

I'd love to have her come to this board and be welcomed with open arms!

-Grif

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/lake/os-tavares-arrest-wet-t-shirt-20100805,0,1313125.story

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.036 seconds to generate ]