Wetlook-Online

Message # 44917.3

Subject: Info Re:PPV vs Membership

Date: Sat 26/06/10 13:37:49 GMT

Name: wetmac gb

Email: clive_uk_00@yahoo.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

I used to use memberships and have tried different sites through this medium.  However, I have to say i prefer the PPV method.  I have a preference for a certain style of wetlook, namely i do not particularly like jeans and pants but prefer dresses and skirts.  The membership method means that you have to accept all of theupdates whether you like them or not, although obviu=ously you have the choice not to download them.  However, with teh PPV methd I can be free to choose individual clips that conform to my likes only.  I am currently a member of EuroWam and that I think bridges the medium nicely.  You do pay a membership fee but in return you get a discount on what you download.  Since I do download regularly I have more than got my money's worth.  also, I think EuroWAM TEAM has been quite smart in doing it this way as it means that people cannot just join for a month and capture everything and leave.  I happen to like the sites of eurowam but do also use others on a PPV basis.  I do think that the current method used by Clips4Sale is counterproductive as you have to buy a ticket of a set minimum price before you can use the site, whereas before you could go and buy the clips you wanted with no trouble at all.  I think that unless you are a regular user of sites like this then you are just going to turn your back and walk away thus taking your custom elsewhere.  This not only hurts the website owners but also the people who depend on sites like this in order to sell their products, (the recent Wet Stewardess video is a classic example).

I do accept Graham's point that obviously hackers are going to try and get in to get hold of passwords, but with the semi PPV method it is a bit self defeating as you still have topay something.  Also, you cannot download directly but must get hold of an ID Cart number before you can access the download, thuis meaning there is a double security blanket in effect.

I also accept that there is a lot of work involved and especially with the likes of EuroWam as it is not just one site but several, and the demands of the crew must be enormous.  However, at the end of the day, I believe this formula is about right as of course you can still purchase the downloads but not at the discounted rate if you are not a member.  I would guess that all producers also have to earn a reputation and that cannot be easy as reputations are made over time and do not come instantly.  To me this is another con of the membership method; at least to start with.

Both methods have their pros and cons I guess and it is really up to the website producer to decide what they think is best for them.  I cannot say that one method will produce more money than another.  

Just my personal opinion but I lean towards the PPV method as it gives me more flexibility and I only need download the clips that I particularly want to download and I am not kept waiting until the next update all of the time only to find it is something I would not have chosen in the first place.

In reply to Message (44917) Question PPV vs Membership

By Dr Nick - uu Sat 26/06/10 02:08:27 GMT

Just wondering what everyone’s view is on the 2 types of pay for sites. It seem more sites are moving over to the Pay Per View type sites and away from a fixed term membership. I can see where this is a big advantage to the site owner as it stops people from joining for a month and grabbing all the content and then leaving the site (I hold my hand up to this). But what does everyone else think? I for one preferred the old system as you get a lot more material, granted you might not like it all but you sometimes get sets that you wouldn't have bought from the preview pictures that turn out to be very good. And what the view of the site owners? Obviously you bandwidth usage will be a lot lower but does it make you more money? (Which is why you run a site I guess). But is increasing the cost to the customers only going to encourage file sharing and piracy? Discuss

Dr Nick

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.065 seconds to generate ]