Wetlook-Online

Message # 44917.2

Subject: Info Re:PPV vs Membership

Date: Sat 26/06/10 08:34:14 GMT

Name: Graham gb

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

In the past, I've run (or been involved with) membership and PPV sites for Styx. I currently don't run a site (or shoot video/photos for a site). In case you wondered, I merely monitor and provide the hosting services for the current StyxWetWorld site. In my opinion, and if I was going to start my own site, I would only run it as PPV, and here's some of my reasons ...

Running a membership site requires a great deal of dedicated time and commitment, especially if you're going for one or two updates a week. If you lapse from that, your credibility suffers. And, if you're not well-known in the first place, people are probably reluctant to sign up (give their commitment) as you haven't proved yourself. I was involved in trying to keep a site updated with 2-3 updates a week and is a real trial. You're on a constant treadmill of updates unless you've banked up months of photo and video. Onsite shoots start to become a chore instead of a pleasure, as you try to get as many as you can in the available time with the models. I wouldn't do this again, or recommend it if you want a life doing anything else (LOL).

Regarding the members, you're correct that some people will sign up for a month and grab everything. In the worst case (but it wasn't so for Styx), I can see potential members holding back until several months' worth are online - so they can grab everything for one month's membership. A site generally won't stay viable for long if all the members adopt that purchasing pattern. If you stay away from monthly memberships, the signups are limited as people don't seem to be prepared to commit. For Styx at least, there is a core of members who continually support sites and keep their recurring memberships going. But there are many who sign up for a month, disappear for several, and then come back again for a month - trying their best to 'beat the system'. And finally there are those that wait a year, sign up for a month, and then complain that old sets have been deleted.

Monthly/regular memberships generally involve a membership area. These attract the 'password bots' like magnets. Unless you have some form of protection in place, expect to see 1000's of hits per hour trying to break into the membership area. And also expect shared passwords - that you can only spot if you have software in place to detect passwords being used from multiple locations. And (usually) monthly/regular memberships mean going into an arrangement with companies like CCBILL, and that can be fun (not) too!

Running a PPV site requires a lot less effort and is more rewarding 'artistically' as you're not on the treadmill of of continuous shoots and updates. You can spend more time making a quality product that you're personally happy with. But I'm unsure this is as financially rewarding. There's no commitment or core of fans that like to communicate and pass on ideas. There's just anonymous 'purchasers' that will like your site one day and be gone the next. And you still have to keep a PPV site fairly regularly updated otherwise you'll just drop off the radar after a few weeks.

Just my thoughts ... Graham

In reply to Message (44917) Question PPV vs Membership

By Dr Nick - uu Sat 26/06/10 02:08:27 GMT

Just wondering what everyone’s view is on the 2 types of pay for sites. It seem more sites are moving over to the Pay Per View type sites and away from a fixed term membership. I can see where this is a big advantage to the site owner as it stops people from joining for a month and grabbing all the content and then leaving the site (I hold my hand up to this). But what does everyone else think? I for one preferred the old system as you get a lot more material, granted you might not like it all but you sometimes get sets that you wouldn't have bought from the preview pictures that turn out to be very good. And what the view of the site owners? Obviously you bandwidth usage will be a lot lower but does it make you more money? (Which is why you run a site I guess). But is increasing the cost to the customers only going to encourage file sharing and piracy? Discuss

Dr Nick

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.016 seconds to generate ]