Wetlook-Online

Message # 43754.1.1.1.1

Subject: None Re:youtubes in Wetlook Crawler

Date: Fri 02/04/10 16:13:06 GMT

Name: MK ex

Email: wamtec@comcast.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Good points.

Back in 1995 when I created my first website it was very easy to get support from the wet & messy fans, cos in the summer of 1995 there were only 2 wam sites on the internet...i.e. mine and Rob Blaine's Messy Fun site. ...and this was 3 years before this forum and UMD were created....cos in the early 90's the only services that provided forums were Compuserve and Prodigy...and all the wetlook fans used to gather on the old Compuserve forums, but only Compuserve users could access those forums. The first internet-wide place where wetlook fans could chat were the Usenet Newsgroups, and Rob Blaine of Messy Fun set up the first Usenet Newsgroup in 1992 at alt.sex.fetish.wet-and-messy on the Newsgroup systems. By 1997 our Usenet newsgroup was totally swamped by spammers....so Nigel of  Wetlook Forum and Derek of UMD....provided a great service to the fans in 1998, by creating the first "spam-free" forums where the fans could chat and not be swamped with spam or trolls, so that was a real turning point in wam history.

The irony is....the forums and wam producers and wam webmasters all received good support in the 1990's.....before the era of "Youtube and Flickr" arrived in 2002....cos before 2002, the fans appreciated what the wet and messy webmasters were doing and they supported their sites. But once Youtube and Flickr arrived on the scene in 2002...this was a double-edged sword.....i.e. loads of great media was delivered on these 2 sites, but this caused most wet and messy fans to now become complacent....because they were now being "spoon fed" with free media every day.

It's like the difference between a kid who works hard and saves and buys his own car (as I did when I was a teenager...I worked my butt off to buy my first car).....as opposed to a kid who was just given a free car for his birthday by his daddy (which I never did)......i.e.that person will not appreciate or value something that he got for nothing....he feels "entitled" to get stuff for nothing...ha ha....

But there is one good thing about Youtube media.....i.e. because there is so much of it....it makes the producers work a lot harder to produce much better media than Youtube offers the general public....so Youtube makes the wet & messy producers work even harder and to raise their standards and quality....so thats the irony.....the producers work much harder to entertain the fans....while the the fans get more complacent....cos they are being "spoon fed" too much from Youtube etc.

There are LOADS of wetlook projects I would LOVE to be able to do......but I can't....cos even though the idea is a good one and I know I have the models and camera crew to get things done....I would not be able to get enough support to finance such a project....i.e. I have been wanting to do a "Big Brother" style wetlook project for 5 years....cos I know a private island in the Florida Keys that has a 12 bedroom mansion and I can rent for 10 grand per week , and Tracie and I know loads of models we could cast for this project and we could shoot a 10 episode version of wetlook big brother on the island, but it would cost me 30 grand to finance the entire project, and I would not even be able to recover  half of that via wetlook customers support....so I would incur major losses if I tried to do anything like this.....likewise....my producer friend Lenny and I have spoken with several famous actresses who are willing to work for us on a wet and messy movie project (e.g. we have spokenon the phone with Linda Blair, Linnea Quigley and Sybill Danning several times)...but we would need at least 10 grand to hire any of the b movie actresses  or celebs for 4-5 days of shootings.

Oh well.....when we get better support....all of the producers can do much better projects in future.....but this economic recession is killing everybody.....and with 17% unemployment in the USA and 20% in Spain....it is hard for the folks to support entertainment sites......cos feeding your family is more important....so unless you doing something really amazing.....i.e. like James Cameron did with Avatar....or like Steve Jobs has done with the new Apple iPad that will launch tomorrow....people will support something that is a breakthru concept (but don't waste your money on the Apple iPad....cos it has several major things that are missing from it's design....it is really disappointing what they left out ...i.e. no webcam....no flash support etc....wait for the Google Tablet to debut later this summer).

MK

In reply to Message (43754.1.1.1) Info Re:youtubes in Wetlook Crawler

By Jürgen - webmaster@ws-net.net de Fri 02/04/10 14:55:18 GMT

Let's say something additional about the "people only support this website" theme:

I by myself would like to compare the situation with Google today or with Microsoft in the late 90s. Google is a very popular search engine. And it is a very good search engine. I think it is the best search engine of the world. People use Google because it is easy, it is free and it is powerfull. But if people only support Google, because it is so easy to do this, no other search engine will have any chance anymore. No company will invest any money in a future search engine, because there is no chance to get anything back. And if there is no competitor any longer, even Google will not invest any more money in future technology, because there is no need to do it.

And that's what has happend to the wetlook comunity too. It is really hopeless to invest in any other forum of the world, because people do not support it. This forum here is a very good one. I think it is the best wetlook forum of the world. But if people will support only this forum, there will never be any chance to get something new, something additional or something better on any other website, because it is really hopeless to invest in something like this.

Please look at the browser situation in the late 90's. There was Internet Explorer and nothing else. People have used Explorer, they didn't support anything else. And what they got back was Internet Explorer, nothing else. No need for Microsoft to include better features, increase the speed or make it really compatibel to the international standard. And then came Firefox, organiced by a comunity of people who has developed the complete project only based on a vision: To give people an alternative. And please look what we have today: Firefox - by my understanding the best browser of the world, Chrome - very fast, very good features, Explorer - much better than any version before. And all of this browser (inkl. Safari, Opera) are 100% compatible to the international standard. In comparision to the past, we have a perfect browser situation today.

Please don't understand me wrong. I really ask people to support this forum. But I really ask them to support alternative websites too: UMD, Wambank, Crawler, StyxForum. And if I talk about "support" I don't talk about only visiting the website. No! If people do not support active, writting articles, sendig picture or video links, giving a feedback, if they don't do things like this, there will be no chance for this websites in the Future (ok, UMD will not have a problem, because they have mory wam then wet). Make your own decision.

Jürgen

In reply to Message (43754.1.1) None Re:youtubes in Wetlook Crawler

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net ex Fri 02/04/10 13:47:48 GMT

What Jürgen says is true....especially....

>Youtube videos can not be crawled automatically, because the keywords of youtube do not work very well.

Very true, we were the first ones to created a Youtube collection site 4 years ago for wet & messy fans, and when EuroWAM TEAM and I created theWambank site 4 years ago, we created a special section on theWambank for automatically imported Youtube videos, so we created such a site for importing wet and messy Youtube vids 4 years ago, but as Jurgen said, automatically importing wetlook videos from Youtube based on keywords does not well at all. In theory....it is dead easy to create a site to import Youtubes, cos all you need to do is set up a simple blog site or create your own site, and then subscribe to the RSS feeds section on Youtube, then Youtube will automatically feed all "authorized" videos based upon the keywords you set up in your RSS feeds subscriber settings. By "authorized feeds" I mean...all Youtube users have their own profile, and Youtube users have an option in their profile to "allow your video to be fed to external sites...yes or no"...and by default the answer is "yes"...so unless a Youtube user changes it to "no"...then defacto Youtube has permission to feed those vids to any external site that wants to display it. All good in theory....but the reality was, when EuroWAM TEAM and I set up these feeds, we got bombarded with hundreds of videos per day from Youtube....90% of which were not relevant to wetlook (cos the word "wet" brings you all kinds of mainstream crap that are not wetlook)...and EuroWAM TEAM and I only have 2 other moderators (Waterspaniel and AnthonyX) and our site was being flooded with incoming garbage from Youtube every day...and no time to moderate it all and sort out the 5% of good stuff from the 95% that was garbage.

So basically....we ended up getting 200,000 Youtubes on our Wambank site....and most of it was pure junk.

So...last year...EuroWAM TEAM and I decided to re-design the Youtube section of theWambank site.....so we deleted all the 200,000 Youtubes that were fed automatically...and redesigned the Youtube section to make it a manual "suggest a youtube" button.....cos folks post Youtube links every day to Nigel's forum...so we created a new system where folks can now suggest their favorite Youtube links and store them on thewambank instead.....so now we have a new "suggest a Youtube" section....with only 884 vids at present....but now they are all relevant and not garbage....see here...

http://www.thewambank.com/onlinevideos.php

So....we have such a site and feature for youtube collectors now available at theWambank.....but to be honest....not many people are using it, cos most folks still prefer to post their Youtube links here on Nigel's forum instead........so you can't change people's habits....all we can do is offer people an option and it is up to them whether they wish to use it or not.

As for the other thing Jurgen mentions

>It looks like people only want to support pictures and videos in this forum here and not in any other modern technique system.

Well....thats true for us too, cos EuroWAM TEAM and I have created lots of amazing features at the Wambank (30,000+ free pics in our Celebrity Picture Galleries, thousand of free videos, a free website blogging system) and our website design is state of the art, but most folks just prefer the very simple tree structure format of this forum instead. We had hoped that if enough people supported our wambank site and our traffic was high, that this would attract advertisers, and then if we received ad revenue support, then we could do what Youtube does....i.e. Youtube gets ad revenue support, which is how it can provide all videos for free, cos it has ad sponsors that pay for it's servers and overhead etc. But sadly that has not happened, and whereas there are dozens of banner ad sponsors who support this forum and the UMD forum, we have very little support to cover the costs for our servers and bandwidth hosting....so we get support from some fans who buy credits on our site, which is much appreciated, cos that is what keeps theWambank going, plus the many great video contributors who upload stuff etc.

Thats the irony, most wet fans just prefer something simple and not something sophisticated that is state of the art design.....so we have learned not to try and design fancy things that the fans may not want....and now we just listen to the fans...and try to  make new sites that give the fans what they are looking for.

MK

In reply to Message (43754.1) Read This youtubes in Wetlook Crawler

By Jürgen - webmaster@ws-net.net de Fri 02/04/10 12:25:26 GMT

Hello!

I'm Jürgen, admin of the Wetlook Crawler website. Your idea about youtube videos in our search engine is not new. We have thought about it from the beginning on and we have implemented the technique to handle it. You can see an example of this in our forum, where a youtuve video and some DivX player videos have been embedded in some forum articles.

The problem is the following: Many people come and look about our pictures. We have a good number of visitors every day. But there are really NO persons who like to support our website. We do not receive any mails with links about websites with new picures. All 25000 (!) free prictures has been crawled by our full automatic system. Not ONE visitor has written us any new idea to get additional good pictures. It looks like people only want to receive the free stuff, not support it.

Youtube videos can not be crawled automatically, because the keywords of youtube do not work very well. We do not see it as our position to implent a youtube video database for free without getting any support from any user. Even our forum, where people can include pictures and videos is not supported very well.

It looks like people only want to support pictures and videos in this forum here and not in any other modern technique system. Theat's fine. People should decide by themself what they like to support and what they don't like to support. But if they don't like to support our webiste, they should not ask about additional free features, with a lot of work that would be need to do all by ourself.

Sorry for those "hard words", but sometimes it makes me wondering how people think the business works,

I wish you a very nice Eastern weekend.

Jürgen Koch

In reply to Message (43754) None Idea of a new site

By Wetlooker - Pe4r@hotmail.com uu Fri 02/04/10 12:00:34 GMT

Theauabank.com is a good site but its many swimsuite-videos.

Think to built a website with youtubevideos with wet clothes.

Some this forum but videos, and i can going in there and search on pool, shower, t-shirt or winterswimming.

I should like this site.

We have a other site - but its pictures, wetlook-crawler maybee.....

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.036 seconds to generate ]