minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Fri 19/04/24 15:41:19 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

WetlookPro

Message # 41847.3

Subject: Talking Re:OT Will the internet replace all other media?

Date: Thu 05/11/09 01:35:51 GMT

Name: Kerry Tiller us

Email: kctiller@cox.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Relax

No, the Internet will NOT replace other media. Not entirely. As an historian, I look at other "new" forms of news and entertainment media that were to sound the death knell for previous ones. Photography has been around since the 1850s. Painting pictures with palette and brush did not go away. Movies have been around since the 1890s; people never stopped writing books. Commercial radio has been around for 90 years. Print news media is still with us.  Television was introduced to the world at the 1939 New York World's Fair. It did NOT sound the death knell for radio or the movies. Despite the electronic media revolution of the 20th Century, a decade into the 21st Century the print media is still with us. Older forms of entertainment may fall from the mainstream, but they never go away. I was in a Staples store recently and was surprised to see brand new type writers for sale. There are niches in the "modern" world for all things out dated. Have you noticed the old radio dramas that disappeared in the 1950s (due to TV) are now on satellite radio? I love to read news papers, but I don't agree with the current Left Wing political bent of most mainstream US papers; so I read the London Times. On the internet!

Kerry Tiller

In reply to Message (41847) Angry OT Will the internet replace all other media?

By Desert Hawk - us Wed 04/11/09 22:18:05 GMT

I think it will be a very sad world if the internet replaces all other media.  Some so-called experts think that is where we are heading.  They are saying that print newspapers and magazines will disappear, CDs, DVDs, Blu-Ray, etc. will be replaced by downloading, print books will be replaced by e-books, and now they are saying that broadcast television might possibly be ending in order to give the frequencies to wireless broadband.  At first ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX would become cable networks, replacing the local affiliate business model.  Some experts say linear cable networks will eventually be gone, possibly with the exception of networks showing live events such as sports, and the future of tv be almost entirely on-demand via the internet.  The same "experts" say broadcast radio will go away, replaced by music streamed to our cars by wireless internet.  I WANT NO PART OF THIS VISION OF THE FUTURE!!!  I like to pick up a physical newspaper, magazine, or book and read an actual printed page instead of having to boot up a comuter to read anything.  I like to watch tv as we have always known it, not on a computer.  I like real local radio stations playing music.  I like popping in physical media to play prerecorded music and video.  Most other people feel the same way.  Don't get me wrong, I love the internet.  I use it almost every day for forums like this and other things that only the internet can do.  The internet has definately made life better.  But the internet should never supplant all other media.  God bless the internet.  But if the internet replaces everything else, GOD HELP US ALL!!!

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.017 seconds to generate ]