Wetlook-Online

Message # 40782.1.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Swimming in Thailand

Date: Sun 12/07/09 20:27:05 GMT

Name: Wetshape gb

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

I've always seen that they take shoes and socks off. However I have heard that in some lakes in Thailand there is a worm that can enter the body through the foot, and that Thais recommend covering the feet when in those lakes.
In reply to Message (40782.1.1) Hello Re: Swimming in Thailand

By Blazer - no Sun 12/07/09 15:18:31 GMT

Ihave a follow-up question. When you say "they swim fully clothed", do you mean they wear their shoes and socks in the water too, or do they take these off first?
In reply to Message (40782.1) Hello Re: Swimming in Thailand

By Wetshape - gb Sat 11/07/09 22:12:33 GMT

Hi Bill, thanks for your post, I have a somewhat confused view on Thais swimming in clothes.

My ex-girlfriend is Thai and she would usually swim fully clothed. We were together eight years and it is her actions that unexpectantly got me into wetlook after a while, although I never told her this. When I would ask her why she did it she explained that some Thais do it just as a course of habit, and that sometimes they give shyness as a reason. However she also pointed out to me that many Thais do wear swimming costumes (not skimpy ones of course) and some would add an additional t-shirt.

This I have also seen from my own visits to Thailand (various parts), where I got the impression that most women wear shorts and t-shirts and are not fully clothed, my ex-girlfriend and a few others being the exceptions. My ex-girlfriends sisters wear costumes/t-shirt for example, and I sincerely believe them to be modest/conservative Thais. I still cannot work out if it is shyness or habit/convention. I've come to the conclusion that even in Thailand it comes down to what a paricular individual wants to do.

In reply to Message (40782) Info Swimming in Thailand

By Bill - uu Sat 11/07/09 16:11:03 GMT

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have recently moved to Thailand to live and work for a few years, and I chose a place to live very close to the beach (about a 2 minute drive, 10 minute walk). I was quite happy to see but initially somewhat bemused, that the vast majority of Thai's swim fully clothed in the sea. There's multiple reasons for this which I won't go into, but basically they can find it offensive to go to the beach in skimpy swimwear that most Westerner's wear. And when I say fully clothed, I mean jeans, long sleeve T-shirts, hoodies, light weight jackets etc.

Now that I understand this culture tip, I think absolutely nothing of putting on my cotton cargo's (I find jeans simply too hot here) a long sleeve light weight shirt and going for a walk along a crowded beach and simply stroll into the water and swim around for a while, then coming out to walk across the road to one of about 3 million outdoor restaurants, and having some lunch or dinner; still soaked of course. Totally acceptable behavior and doesn't raise an eyebrow.

Songkran aside, I am one of very few Farang's to do this, and you can typically spot the Westener's as they are the ones in the before mentioned skimpy swimwear, and they somehow just look wrong...

Just thought I would share this for anyone planning to visit Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia etc.

P.S. Both the wife and I do however save our jeans and "heavier" clothing for swimming in our pool.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.028 seconds to generate ]