MyWetloook

Message # 4037.1

Subject: Hello Re: [Off Topic]: NTSC vs PAL TVs on DVD

Date: Sat 07/06/03 23:56:03 GMT

Name: MK us

Email: wamtec@compuserve.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

I don't know if PAL DVDs will work on an NTSC based DVD player in the USA.....but the reverse is true...and my NTSC DVDs that I make certainly work on PAL dvd players...cos I have sent many of my home made NTSC based DVDs to folks in PAL countries, and they all work just fine.

However...that could be because PAL is a superior tv system (more lines of resolution) than NTSC..and NTSC is an inferior tv system. So..it makes sense that PAL based equipments which are predicated on a superior tv system, are capable of playing NTSC, which is an inferior system. But whether inferior system based NTSC dvd players can play a superior PAL format...I dunno...I don't think so.

...the answer may lie in what you can and can not do, in regards to Digital8 and miniDV camcorders...i.e.

Most european models of Pal digital8 or Pal minidv camcorders, are capable of ntsc playback...and you can play an ntsc digital8 or ntsc minidv camcorder tape on a pal camcorder..and it plays just fine. Thats because...it is a superior format based camcorder...that is able to play an inferior tv format. However...the reverse is NOT the case...i.e. an NTSC digital8 or NTSC minidv camcorder...is not able to play a PAL digital8 or PAL minidv tape...cos thats an inferior camcorder system, which is not able to play a superior format.

Probably your safest bet is to order those pal based disks on VCD instead of DVD...cos a pal based VCD will play in America....I dunno whether a PAL based DVD will though.

mk

In reply to Message (4037) Question [Off Topic]: NTSC vs PAL TVs on DVD

By Chester - chester@sgroi.com us Sat 07/06/03 19:54:02 GMT

Greetings:

Often, I order DVD videos (and VCDs as well) from Asia because of the possible wetlook content that they might contain.  While browsing one such site in Thailand I found a DVD I wanted but noticed that while it was "region free" it would only play on a "PAL TV" which is not the standard we use in the United States.  From some online research it seems that a PAL TV system cannot view the output of an NTSC DVD video and vice versa.  Is this really the case regarding viewing a region free PAL DVD on my 13 year old NTSC standard television set with a current Samsung DVD player?  I'm just making sure before I give up the ghost and search for the same video on VCD.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.053 seconds to generate ]