WetlookPro

Message # 40353.1.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Update for vintage wetlook/JJ fans - keeping the actress wet

Date: Wed 03/06/09 07:22:37 GMT

Name: Graham (Styx) gb

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Wetfan and I are in constant communication, including recently (when I was in Florida). Both of us have tried repeatedly to contact JJ via all the means we were aware of. Some other people have also suggested email addresses, locations and phone numbers. Sadly, none of them have proved successful in contacting JJ. And he was certainly very unwell when last contacted. I host both sites and own both the VintageWet and Wetfan domains. There's a good chance that I will be taking over the running of both sites in conjunction with Wetfan, as we're now reaching the point where I think we've probably 'lost' JJ and we want the sites to continue and develop. I have quite a lot of old material, and Wetfan still has a lot of old material too.
In reply to Message (40353.1.1) Hello Re: Update for vintage wetlook/JJ fans - keeping the actress wet

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net ex Wed 03/06/09 07:01:13 GMT

The last I heard, was hat JJ was very sick, so thats not a good sign if he has not been in contact with anybody in the last 18 months.

The VintageWetlook site is a good site that needs to have a new webmaster then, somebody who has a lot of knowledge about wetlook and the movie and tv industry since the dawn of time. I do not have the time to manage such a site myself, but 2 other people who have an extensive knowledge of the history of wetlook are Arthur Chappell (and his many essays on the subject since the Greek and Roman era) and AnthonyX, who runs the IWDB site and knows wetlook in the movies and tv over the last 75 years....so it would be nice if Arthur or Anythony could assist in maintaining the VintageWet site, cos they are 2 "historians" of wetlook. Actually, I do not think JJ was a historian of wetlook himself, cos his expertise was not on the history of wetlook itself, cos his skills were in scanning and restoring old photos and enhancing them for preservation. The other equally qualified person in both historical and preservation areas would be "wetfan".

The other option would be....unless Arthur, AnthonyX or Wetfan can take over the site....then change the design of the Vintagewet site and make it "user updatable"....like a "wiki"...and do what we have done to our Celebrity Galleries section of theWambank...i.e. allow readers/users to upload their own pics and add their own comments etc...so let the users upload things themselves.

MK

In reply to Message (40353.1) Hello Re: Update for vintage wetlook/JJ fans - keeping the actress wet html

By Graham (Styx) - gb Tue 02/06/09 23:53:22 GMT

"It's a shame that JJ is not around to maintain his site, cos I have tons of new pics and infos I could send him."
Several of us have tried to contact JJ without success in the past 18 months, but I host the Vintage sites and I'm happy to add some updates.
In reply to Message (40353) Hello Update for vintage wetlook/JJ fans - keeping the actress wet

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net ex Tue 02/06/09 15:39:32 GMT

FYI, recently we were discussing the need for constantly wetting the actress down in between takes for a scene, cos wetlook can only be seen for 1-2 minutes and then the actress no longer looks wet any more.Film makers who understand this will make sure they keep wetting the actress down again before each take.

I mentioned a couple of examples of this...i.e. John Ford constantly throwing buckets of water over Maureen O'Hara's dress during the making of "The Wings of Eagles" in 1957. Ford was a sadistic director who enjoyed putting the actors in their place, and this one way he kept annoying O'hara. I was unable to find a still photo of this at the time...but I have one now. I was going to send it to JJ for his vintage wet site, but he appears to have left the scene now...so I uploaded it to theWambank instead. Here you can see Ford throwing water over Maureen, while John Wayne takes delight in Ford's actions...

http://www.thewambank.com/celebrities.php?id=451&list=0

FYI, you can see similar thing with the famous Julie Andrews scene from "The Sound of Music"...with Julie being wetted down with watering cans. The stills and behind the scenes home movie footage of her wettings can be found as a DVD extra on the 40th anniversary edition.

http://www.thewambank.com/celebrities.php?id=450&list=0

BTW...another never before seen wetlook scene that no wetlook fans know exist....can be found as a DVD extra on the 1968 film "Sweet Charity"....cos everybody knows the famous black dress wetlook scene from that film...but nobody knows that there was an ALTERNATE ending shot for that film...where Shirley goes into the lake for a 2nd time at the end of the film, this time in a flowery dress and white pantyhose. That 2nd wetlook scene was never used, cos director Fosse did not like that ending...so they dropped that scene from all the movie and tv airings, but on the dvd release you can see that alternate wet scene restored.

It's a shame that JJ is not around to maintain his site, cos I have tons of new pics and infos I could send him.

MK

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.021 seconds to generate ]