Wetlook-Online

Message # 40161.3

Subject: Hello Re: OT - googlemail & twitter - a disturbing trend

Date: Mon 18/05/09 20:07:14 GMT

Name: Malvineous gb

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Google using your own e-mail contents to target advertisements was known right from the start when Gmail was introduced.

Quite frankly, we've become too accustomed to getting everything for free. What right do we have to free e-mail and gigabytes of free e-mail storage, along with all the groundbreaking software development involved in building the service? Someone's got to pay for it.

If you want an e-mail service where you don't pay in terms of advertising, then pay with your wallet instead!

(I refused to ever use Gmail -- I am perfectly content with the mail service attached to my domain.)

In reply to Message (40161) Hello OT - googlemail & twitter - a disturbing trend

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net ex Mon 18/05/09 16:20:11 GMT

FYI....there were 2 separate segments on the tv news today that were about spam and spammers, and just illustrate how you have no privacy rights when you use systems operated by Google or Twitter.

The first news piece was about a new spider program Google have now created, that basically reads and stores all the subject headers of any emails that Google mail users create, and now Google store and sell that information to spammers (or they spam you with their own ads). Basically, Google is reading all your private emails and storing the keywords that you mention in your subject headers, and then based on what you talk about in your emails, then they use those keywords to spam you with advertising etc. Can you imagine if the snail mail post office were to do such a thing...and to read all your letters and then based upon the contents of your mail, then they use that information to send you spam or junk mail....pretty outrageous. Anyway, if you use Google mail, be aware that whatever you talk about in your subject headers,...you have no privacy rights, cos Google now reads and stores that information and uses it to spam you with advertising and junk mail now.

The second news piece, was about Twitter, and how spammers have now developed programs that trawl Twitter and collect email addresses, so if you use Twitter you should never quote your email address, cos that will merely cause you to get more and more spam.

Personally, I do not think much of the artificial intelligence programs that spammers use....i.e. I get spam every single day from the same company trying to sell me a golf club membership.... and I have never played golf in my life, and  I live 800 miles from where this club is located....so I dunno why they think I would want to travel 800 miles to play a game that I have no clue how to play.....but I guess that is more likely than the BREAST IMPLANTS that the spammers keep trying to sell to me....ha ha

MK

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.014 seconds to generate ]