Wetlook-Online

Message # 40142.1.2

Subject: Thumbs Up Re: ...fyi

Date: Sun 17/05/09 16:35:27 GMT

Name: Sunboyfun us

Email: sunboyfun@gmail.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

You hit the wet nail on the head for sure. I used to notice the continuity issue on all the old Disney movies, where someone would emerge soaked and the next frame be damp or dry. I was at once frustrated by it and then amused at the absurdity.
In reply to Message (40142.1) Hello ...fyi

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net ex Sun 17/05/09 15:12:54 GMT

...all good film makers know this, especially wetlook producers know it it. The wet "look" of shiny wet and clingy clothes can only be seen on camera for no more than a minute after exiting the water. After one minute, all you can see on camera is a "damp" look, and seeing as Hollywood movies always take HOURS AND HOURS between takes for any scene, unless you constantly wet the girl down again before each take, then you will have lost the continuity of that scene, cos then the girl seems to be too dry in the next shot etc.

Famous directors John Ford and Robert Wise certainly knew this. In fact, when John Ford was shooting the John Wayne film "The Wings of Eagles" there is a scene in that film where Maureen O Hara runs into the lake wearing her formal sunday church dress, and in between re-takes for that scene John Ford would take sadistic delight in pouring additional buckets of water over Maureen before each take (much to her chagrin, and to John Wayne's delight...cos he would egg Ford on to keep doing it just to irritate the actress) and you there are still photos of an indignant Maureen standing there aas Ford was pouring extra buckets of water over her.

Even better evidence exists on 16mm home movie footage, that director Robert Wise shot on his personal movie camera, while was directing Julie Andrews in the famous wetlook boat dunking scene from "The Sound of Music", cos they spent all day to shoot that boat scene and they had to constanty keep hosing Julie down again in between each take, cos Wise said she looked too dry and wanted her to be dripping wet for each re-take. And that footage of Wise's home movie camera outtakes of those hosing down scenes has now been restored and added as a DVD extra to the 40th Anniversary Edition release of that film.

When I was shooting our feature length productions, "The Adventures of Aquagirl" and "Agent H20" series, we spent 3 weeks shooting those things on location, and each of those features has over 50 scenes that were shot in over a dozen different locations, and we had to shoot many of the topside and underwater scenes in "different" locations....just as they do in Hollywood....i.e. we shot many of the topside scenes in Tampa Bay, but you cannot shoot underwater scenes there, cos the water is too murky, so we shot the underwater scenes in the Bahamas, so we had to re-stage every scene to make sure that the girls clothing matched exactly and so you take still photos at the end of each scene to make sure that when you re-stage it somewhere else, that the girls are wearing the exact same clothes and nothing is missing (i.e. like a piece of jewellery or a different hairstyle etc). We were constantly having problems with wetlook that was "disappearing" within minutes, cos filming under a hot sun, the clothes would dry in between the time it takes for a cameraman to change his batteries and insert a new tape and re-stage  the scene.....so I made it my "job" to make sure we wetted the girls down again before every re-take, and like Robert Wise....I kept my behind the scenes footage of the wetting down outtakes scenes too.

MK

In reply to Message (40142) Sad What a pitty

By sjakie - nl Sun 17/05/09 09:08:27 GMT

Sometimes you see in a movie some girls swim fully clothed and when they came out they are dry at once. In this scene it is happening the same. No one could believe the reality off this scene. The director should be fired at once

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3BCaA6eEvA

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.014 seconds to generate ]