Wetlook-Online

Message # 39968.4.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Are DVDs going away?

Date: Sun 03/05/09 16:01:20 GMT

Name: MK ex

Email: wamtec@comcast.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Hi Anthony

FYI, DownloadDreams.com are the exception, cos they are the only one I know that currently offer download clips that are almost at the same datarates as a regular DVD (i.e. 5mbps) cos almost all other wam sites only offer downloads at 2-3 mpbs. You can easily tell what download stores are offering the highest quality and highest datarates for their clips, by simple mathematical formula. I.E. you can see that DownloadDreams latest clip is 10 minutes long and is a monster sized 500 meg file, which means it is very high bit rate, while most download stores who have a 10 minute clip will only have a filesize of 100-200 megs for a 10 minute clip.  But even so, that is nowhere near the data rate of Blu-ray media (which is 15-20mpbs, depending on how to do your rendering settings).  DownloadDreams is correct, it is a tricky process to make Blu-ray media, cos since I starting releasing some of my titles in Blu-ray this year, it is not a simple process, and even now, there are still some wrinkles and incompatibilties I have not yet figured out (i.e. my customers who play my Blu-ray disks can play them fine on a Blu-ray player, but one customer reported to me that the disks will not load to his SonyPlaystation3, and they are supposed to work just fine on PS3 consoles too, so I have to investigate that problem at the moment).

Regarding what you said...

>What I'm now looking for is dressy wetlook - business suits and the sort of dressy/business-y outfits you see on ALLWAM's wetlook, on Blu-Ray.

Hang in there....it is coming....EuroWAM TEAM and I are already working on that....and you will see lots of Blu-ray release like that from us later this summer.

MK

In reply to Message (39968.4.1) Hello Re: Are DVDs going away?

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Sun 03/05/09 15:25:43 GMT

Hey MK,

Thanks for all the detailed info. I wasn't aware that downloadable clips were of such limited bitrates - that nobody was offering anything close to Blu-Ray level. It certainly reinforces the point that the best picture quality will only be available on Blu-Ray.

As to the value equation...

You present it from the producer's point of view... $30-$35 for a disk containing material you'd have to pay $70-$80 to download. Well... from one consumer's point of view it's more of a push because I've only ever been interested in 2 or 3 scenes out of perhaps 7 or 8 per tape/DVD I've bought. The best deal I've ever seen was Wetlook Unlimited's custom compilations. Although it makes each DVD more expensive, it works out to better value.

What I'm now looking for is dressy wetlook - business suits and the sort of dressy/business-y outfits you see on ALLWAM's wetlook, on Blu-Ray.

For what it's worth: the next level up in quality is already under development. There is a certain amount of resolution and color space available in a theatrical film frame; it's several times higher than the current hi-def standard. The standard in development will be the equal of film. When it finally arrives as a consumer media standard (probably 5 years or more away), it will obsolete Blu-Ray in the same way Blu-Ray has obsoleted DVD. It will mean a bigger change for broadcast TV than we are currently seeing with the DTV conversion currently under way, so it may be a while before such a transition occurs. It will also require a major upgrade of the internet before the necessary data rate can be streamed... it would need fiber into the home... I think this is happening, but very slowly.

In reply to Message (39968.4) Hello Re: Are DVDs going away?

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net ex Sat 02/05/09 18:02:19 GMT

It is true that most people prefer the speed of delivery and convenience of online downloads these days, so very few people want to order DVDs in 2009.

But there is a BIG difference in quality between an online download clip, and a dvd or Blu-ray version of that same media, and so I continue to archive and produce DVDs for a small niche of customers who are sticklers for quality and have big screen tv and hdtv and want to experience wetlook at the highest quality.

FYI, the highest picture quality you will get from any online site offering downloads is 2mpbs to 3 mbps picture quality.

A regular DVD made at the 2hr mode per disk, will give you that media presented at 5mbps picture quality...i.e. 2 times higher quality than a high quality download site. I have now stopped making dvds in the 2hr format, and for the past year I have now started archiving and creating all my newest DVDs in a 1hr format per disk, which renders the media at the 10mbps picture quality ... i.e. 3-4 times higher quality than a high quality download store.

And in the last 2 months, I just have just started making my newest shoots in HD format and releasing those in Blu-ray format, which are presented at 17mbps picture quality ... i.e. 6--7 times higher quality than any download store clip.

So therefore there is a trade off with download clips versus dvd or Blu-ray media....you get quicker delivery and convenience, and a lot more privacy (cos the wife does not see things coming thru your mailbox), but you get much lower quality media from a download clip. With media on DVD or Blu-ray, it is true that you are at the mercy of the post office (and your wife if she sees the package in the mail), and you have to wait 5-7 days to receive it, but then the media you get on disk will be 4-8 times higher quality than any download clip will be.

Also, one other factor to consider, is the cost factor. Most download stores charge $7 to $10 for a premium quality download store clip. If you order a DVD, then you get at least 8-10 scenes on one DVD for only $30 to $35....but if you had to buy those 8-10 scenes individually in a download store, it will cost you $70 to $80 to buy those same scenes ala carte in a download store, so with a DVD you get far more scenes, at 4-8 times higher quality....for a price that is far far less than those clips are in the download store.

That is why the download store owners (and I am one too) are happy to see more and more people ordering downloads, and less people ordering dvds, cos of he big difference in pricings for ala carte clips.

Just to make full disclosure.....I am not favoring either one format or another....cos I do not mind what format folks order...cos I produce all kinds of formats, so whatever format you want, I already offer it anyway, so it makes no matter what formats people prefer. I am merely continuing to produce high quality disk formats, cos I have a base of hardcore wetlook afficionados who are sticklers for quality that you can only see when you order things on a disk....i.e...if a girl is standing 30 feet from the camera and is wearing tan colored pantyhose ....you can't tell if she is wearing nylons or not from an online clip....cos it is all a blur.....but if you look at that same setup on a blu-ray disk....you can easily see the detail. Now....being able to see high quality detail many not matter to some folks....i.e. if you are a wet jeans fan....you can see wet jeans from 30 feet away....on even a low quality youtube clip......but when you are a legs and nylons fan as I am (and many of my customers are too) than those details matter...which is why they prefer to order the higher quality dvd versions etc.

It is true that most people prefer downloads now....just as most people prefer to buy economy cars too...

But there are still some folks that want a  higher quality.....like a Mercedes....which is why you have sites like  http://wetlookdvd.com/ who specialize in high quality for those folks who want something more than you get from a download clip.

MK

In reply to Message (39968) Hello Are DVDs going away?

By RM - uu Sat 02/05/09 15:00:28 GMT

Wamtec continues to produce new DVDs but the industry trend seems to be headed to online-only for new material. It feels like it's been a few years since Minx last offered a new DVD (M18) and many months or longer since Leonmoomin, MostWam and Wetlook Romania have put out new ones.  Newer sites like WetlookPro and Heels'n Legs have never offered DVDs (to my knowledge).  

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.027 seconds to generate ]