minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Wed 24/04/24 14:10:13 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook.Biz
Wetlook-Online

Message # 39869.8

Subject: Note Re: Is there ANY support for my site??

Date: Fri 24/04/09 15:43:59 GMT

Name: AnthonyX ca

Email: anthonyx@jowc.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
I just took a look at your site. I should point out that I am not a fan of wet jeans - more into dressy wetlook - so I can't really comment as a potential consumer. However, I do have some observations which I hope will be of some help to you:

As others have already pointed out, you don't really have enough content to attract much interest. By current standards, one video of one girl is not much of an offering, even if you were lucky enough to score "mainstream" talent to appear in it.

Your website is not what one would expect from a commercial endeavour. It appears to be mostly a collection of pictures harvested from here and there - not "offerings for sale". You don't host clips or stills on your site of a quality level comparable to what you'd see if you watched the movie. All a potential customer can go by is a couple of low-res YouTubes and some stills on a Yahoo site on which you have to register to see.

Based on the stills, I would guess that the technical quality of your video is not up to current standards. All-digital, even 4:3 480iSD should yield better looking samples than anything you've offered up. With the technology moving forward to HD, and consumer demand for it growing, all of the material shot on analog, and even SD digital will be left behind. The only interest in material shot in the older formats will be for "classic" scenes. I regret to say that your video will not become a classic.

I am not surprised there is no interest in the disc containing your wetlook connection. Many of the images are of low technical quality (blurry or grainy), and much of it can be obtained for free. Bear in mind that you are selling pictures you do not own - that is a violation of copyright. You can sell a disc of your own pictures and charge what you like for it, but as soon as you include other pictures on the disc without permission from the source, you violate copyright on those other images.

I also fancied myself as a potential wetlook producer, but really got nowhere for similar reasons as you.

Some advice, if you want to make a serious effort to become a wetlook producer:

1.  Invest in an HD camera and shoot something new. If you are willing to spend up to $300, you can get a decent consumer-grade camera. If you are willing to spend up to $1000, you can get something which is borderline professional-grade. Ideally, you should get a camera which records in a lossless format (NOT MPEG!).

2.  Do all your editing in raw format, and only encode to MPEG or whatever as the final step. As soon as you go a high-compression format like MPEG you start to lose quality; it shows right away, so avoid using it on any footage you plan to edit. Although you can easily do this with current computer hardware and software, your equipment has to be up-to-date, which may require an additional investment.

3.  Natural sound is OK, but you have to use external microphones. If all you are working with is the camera's internal mic, you are better off to buy some royalty-free music and put that on your sound track. Noone wants to hear all the noises emanating from the camera or the camera operator.

4.  Don't charge your customer less than it costs to deliver it. You're not running a business if you are giving product away.

5.  If you are going to sell product from your own website, host the samples yourself... none of this YouTube/Yahoo group stuff. Also, separate the content you produce for sale from your "fan" collection - ideally they should be separate websites.

6.  If you want to test the waters, maybe get in touch with an established producer and see if they will market your video on their site along with their own product. You could either try to negotiate a "one-time" sale - they pay you a single up-front amount in return for a master and the right to make and sell (or download) an unlimited number of copies, or a commission basis - they earn x dollars for each order they take and pass along to you.

When you offer something for sale, you put yourself into competition with other like products. To win sales, you have to differentiate yourself from your competitors - either by addressing an overlooked demand (filling a niche), or adding value in some way - better quality or service. The LAST thing you want to do is compete on price... nobody ever wins that way. You want to specialize in jeans... OK, that limits your competitors. If you want to further differentiate yourself, be the first on the block to feature wet jeans in high-def.

In reply to Message (39869) Angry Is there ANY support for my site??

By John - uu Fri 24/04/09 02:48:22 GMT

I started my Jean Pool site in 1998 because of my love for jeans wetlook and with high hopes of starting a business.    

Recently I lowered prices to $10 for a dvd and $5 for a cd rom.   Sales so far: $5.   From Germany.   It'll cost most of that $5 for the postage.

The Kelly movies have never sold enough copies to make a profit, much less to provide funds for another movie.    I even had to shut down the members section because of a lack of sales.

It's obvious to me that people tend to support wetlook sites that are owned by people with deep pockets, who can afford the best equipment, the prettiest models and settings, and that don't really care whether they make a profit or not.   But they probably do make a profit since people flock to their sites and leave ones like mine floundering.  

So, if I don't see some support for the site and future projects I'll just shut it down.   I don't need to pay $15 per month of my own money to feed a bunch of freeloaders.   

Don't post insulting messages in response to this.   That's what always happens even though it's against forum rules.   I don't need your negative comments.

John

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.029 seconds to generate ]