minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Fri 29/03/24 03:24:49 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook.Biz
Wetlook-Online

Message # 39869.6.1.1.1.1.1.1

Subject: Info Re: Is there ANY support for my site??

Date: Tue 28/04/09 10:34:44 GMT

Name: Anonymous uu

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

I do applaude your helpful spirit.  You're the dreamer, I'm the cynic, & I estimate the world needs both, not one or the other.  :)
In reply to Message (39869.6.1.1.1.1.1) Hello Re: Is there ANY support for my site??

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Mon 27/04/09 11:17:23 GMT

OK... let's see...
In reply to Message (39869.6.1.1.1.1) Info Re: Is there ANY support for my site??

By Anonymous - uu Mon 27/04/09 03:45:30 GMT

It would be one thing if he actually did learn from his mistakes and used that to better his product.  But instead, he comes on the forum every so often inquiring why no one will buy his material.  As many times as he's asked, the answer still hasn't sunk in.  You offer very good insight and advice, but I promise you, he won't learn from it.  If you don't believe me, just be patient.  He'll be back asking the same questions about the same material.
In reply to Message (39869.6.1.1.1) Talking Re: Is there ANY support for my site??

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Sun 26/04/09 19:21:30 GMT

A little calm and perspective? What's with all this use of the word "fault"?

I think John has simply made an understandable miscalculation, and experienced and expressed a bit of frustration with the result. To built any successful business, you need to understand your market and make an adequate investment in time and money. Getting it wrong is not about being somebody's "fault", it's just a miscalculation.

Any of us who haven't actually had any product for sale probably all think we can just go out and shoot a few pictures or a little video, put it up for sale and expect the sales to start rolling in. Looking at the wetlook producers who appear to be successful and comparing with those who haven't been, I'd offer up the following conclusions:

1.  A successful launch almost always requires a certain "critical mass" of product. It's all very well launching one product e.g. one DVD at a time, but there should be other follow-on product in the pipeline which you can pre-announce. I can't think of any situations where a producer started up with only a single product and found success before starting their next project - feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong. The successful ones always seem to start by shooting enough material for at least a couple of videos and then releasing them one at a time. John just didn't make a big enough opening "splash".

2.  Times have changed, and continue to change. The standard for what will sell continues to escalate, and rather quickly these days. There was a time when just about anything would sell, because there was so little to choose from. These days, we now have so much to choose from that if a product doesn't truly stand out in some way, it's "just another video" and won't likely attract much sales; if it doesn't come up to the standard of the majority of product, it won't sell at all. I'm referring to all aspects of "quality" from technical standards to subject, location, camera work etc.. John's video would probably have sold well in the mid to late 90s; unfortunately, times have changed.

3.  We're in the midst of a revolution in video and home entertainment with the introduction of digital television, high-def, and widescreen. The producers who embrace the revolution with their new offerings can win big, but they do have to know what to shoot and how to shoot it. I think it creates an opportunity for John to make a second attempt.

4.  Success always requires a certain level of investment. In this context, it is investment in video equipment for lighting, recording and editing, modelling fees, marketing, and time to do all the work involved. The threshold for success can be significant; anything short of that threshold can simply result in disappointment. John's first attempt was obviously not "big" enough... OK, lesson learned.

5.  There's no reason you can't start off in "hobby" mode and transition into a business, but I don't think something started as a hobby will ever evolve into a business gradually... it takes a conscious decision and a non-trivial investment. This is a mistake people make in all sorts of situations, not just our little world of wetlook.

Let's give John some credit for making an effort. I hope he will try again, and meet with success.

In reply to Message (39869.6.1.1) Thumbs Down Re: Is there ANY support for my site??

By Anonymous - us Sat 25/04/09 12:59:18 GMT

How do you not get it?  Who's fault is it that you haven't updated?  Yours.  Therefore, who's fault is it that you have no money to shoot new material?  Yours.  Periodically, you come on the forum and ask why no one will buy your outdated, stale material.  You get the same answers every time and yet you still don't get it!  And then you have the nerve to ask for money up front from the same people you call freeloaders and flamers?!  Even if you did get funding and ended up putting out the best wetlook I've ever seen, I still wouldn't buy from you just over this nonsense.  You're like all of those people who didn't take responsibility for their own finances and took out mortgages a billy goat should have known they couldn't afford.  And now the rest of us are going to have to pay their way out.  I'm sorry sir, but I will not pay your way out of the ground into which you have driven your wetlook "business."  
In reply to Message (39869.6.1) Hello Re: Is there ANY support for my site??

By John - uu Fri 24/04/09 18:50:41 GMT

The problem is that it's like a Catch-22: no money for updates, therefore no updates, no money because of the lack of updates, and on and on.
In reply to Message (39869.6) Hello Re: Is there ANY support for my site??

By mytekia - uu Fri 24/04/09 12:21:02 GMT

The short answer is buy a new camera (as in a really good camera) and take lots of pictures,  the competion as step up a notch. gone are the days of shooting photos for pay sites with a cheap walmart varity camera.  If you want to be paid like a professional then produce like a professional.  This is just honest observation, for myself I stopped downloading free stuff along time ago when the pay sites starting producing really top notch stuff.
In reply to Message (39869) Angry Is there ANY support for my site??

By John - uu Fri 24/04/09 02:48:22 GMT

I started my Jean Pool site in 1998 because of my love for jeans wetlook and with high hopes of starting a business.    

Recently I lowered prices to $10 for a dvd and $5 for a cd rom.   Sales so far: $5.   From Germany.   It'll cost most of that $5 for the postage.

The Kelly movies have never sold enough copies to make a profit, much less to provide funds for another movie.    I even had to shut down the members section because of a lack of sales.

It's obvious to me that people tend to support wetlook sites that are owned by people with deep pockets, who can afford the best equipment, the prettiest models and settings, and that don't really care whether they make a profit or not.   But they probably do make a profit since people flock to their sites and leave ones like mine floundering.  

So, if I don't see some support for the site and future projects I'll just shut it down.   I don't need to pay $15 per month of my own money to feed a bunch of freeloaders.   

Don't post insulting messages in response to this.   That's what always happens even though it's against forum rules.   I don't need your negative comments.

John

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.035 seconds to generate ]