MyWetloook

Message # 39610.4.1.1.2

Subject: Idea Questions for both Christians and Atheists

Date: Wed 08/04/09 17:39:43 GMT

Name: Barry us

Email: barryseaweed@live.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

This is a wetlook forum, not a philosophy/religion forum, but oh well, that can of worms has already been opened in this thread.

Atheism, like Christianity, or any other religion requires faith, faith that God, or other gods don't exist.

My question for both Atheists and religious people is, what do you do if and when evidence to the contrary arises?

Atheists, how do you plan to handle it when you're on your death bed and you see the light?  When these people die, and are clinically dead, part of them that isn't physical is experiencing something.  

I, personally, don't believe in hell.  The Hebrews had our religion first, and they didn't believe in hell. Modern Jews don't believe in hell.  "Hell", didn't appear in the Bible until the King James version was written.  They simply translated the name "Gahenna", which was the Jerusalem city dump at the time, into the word "hell".  There were many of liberties taken with the writing of the King James Version.  I also don't believe God would send a person to an eternity of torture after he studied everything he could but arrived at the wrong conclusion.

Atheists, have you ever thought about "what if the Christians are right?"

Christians, what happens to your faith if your church simply got it all wrong?

What happens to your faith if you find yourself in the tribulation and there wasn't a rapture.  No where in the Bible does the word "rapture" appear.  The original language used in Revelation doesn't say "caught up in the clouds".  The original language says "caught up in disks", which made zero sense to the writers of the King James Bible, but that could just make sense to the 21st century mind.

If there's a white guy walking around who has long brown hair and a long beard are you going to do whatever he says because he thinks he's Jesus Christ and you think you made it to the millennium?  I hope not.  The Bible says that Jesus was a Jew for a reason, and I don't know about you, but I've never met a Jewish guy that fit that image.

After I quit the Catholic church I tried the Baptists for a little while, and like the Catholics, they're a group of people who are right no matter what the evidence says.  Baptists just scream and yell louder than anybody else.

Universe is only 6000 years old?  Really?  OK, we know that light travels at 1.07925285 × 10^9 km/h.  Do the math.  If that's the case, we shouldn't be able to see stars more than 6.4755171 × 10^12 km away.  If you're going to tell me that God made those stars visible 6000 years ago and simply made it appear that we could see that distance, there's a problem.  The problem is, if that's true, then God's a liar.  If God's a liar he isn't God, and I'm not following a being that isn't God, no matter how powerful that being is.  If your church can't figure this out, what else can't they figure out??

In reply to Message (39610.4.1.1) Hello Re: Wetlook opportunity for non-religious folk

By The Hopeless case - us Tue 07/04/09 19:25:13 GMT

Stoning the homosexuals in keeping with the law, or any other practice such as an eye for an eye, that worn out saying, are from the law which is harsh. I wouldn't want to be living under those conditions. Yet, even back then, (back in B.C.  LOL) for those who knew God, and God's will also knew the other rail of the track... two rails, the rail that is God's grace, a God of peace. This new dispensation was the advent of Jesus Christ, and sacrifice thereof, that which God, and man can be at peace. I feel that this forum isn't really the place to debate religion. Although I appreciate that you're articulate, and gentle in your approach.

Just to make a point here, let's say somebody has the idea to hold a wetlook Easter egg hunt in the back yard pool. This would probably be subject to unsavory debate... and that would be innocent by comparison. I perceive you've been through a lot, being that you'd been a member of a cult. And it's not just what happens, such as the wetlook Easter egg hunt.. 'cause that would just be an excuse to have wetlook. (as unsavory that would be to a believer)

So a wetlook easter egg hunt would be an excuse to get wet, a distasteful event in my opinion, but just for the sake of playing the game to get wet.

The question is motive!

Are you more interested in promoting wetlook? or on a mission to promote un-baptism publically, and wetlook is the fringe benefit?

I believe there's no such thing as an atheist. I could be entirely incorrect! And I've made a public fool of myself before, and probably will again in the future!

I think that every atheist must ask, truthfully,  "Am I really an atheist?" Forget Logic!  "cause God is just and forgiving, and that defies logic, so does the concept of eternity. Cosmologists are just grasping onto that reality! According to the latest data, (discoveries of dark matter, and vacuum energy in what we once thought was empty space) many are subscribing to a new ideology that the universe is endless, and that it did not begin with the big bang!

In reply to Message (39610.4.1) Hello Re: Wetlook opportunity for non-religious folk

By Arthur Chappell - arthur@chappell7300.freeserve.co.uk gb Sun 05/04/09 11:45:54 GMT

Cheers Barry - some interesting points - I don't consider myself anti-religious though I am an atheist - tolerance for other beliefs is essential to secular Humanism - I'm an ex-catholic and an ex-cult member - people can believe wht they want, even that the earth is flat if they wish - the problems arise when they move from belief to practices; ie belief -homosexuality is wrong - practice - stoning homosexuals in keeping with the book of Leviticus, - questionable beliefs are protected by freedom of speech  - the practice would rightly be outlawed by the State. Is the unbaptism just for the anti-religious? No, as no one is calling for a ban on baptism - merely finding a way to highlight the absurdity of it - at least adult full emersion baptisms are entered into by choice, at least when brainwashing isn't a factor - many non-religious people have strictly non-religious weddings, fuerals and baby namings - an unbaptism would be a similar ceremony and ceremony is not necessarily a rite. It also shows people that there are alternatives - You end with  " If you're truly an atheist or non-religious person. the word "hedonism" shouldn't have any meaning to you. "  Actually most religious arguements against atheists involve accusing us of licensing hedonism,  - they say we just want religious morality out of the way to enable us to be decadent - my view is that we should enjoy life and help fellow humans as much as possible and there is no reason why challengingthe water-factor of baptism ritualsshouldn't make room for a wetlook ceremony or two Arthur Chappell

In reply to Message (39610.4) Happy Re: Wetlook opportunity for non-religious folk

By Barry - barryseaweed@live.com us Sun 05/04/09 11:17:09 GMT

This should be titled "opportunity for anti-religious folk".  True non-religious folk wouldn't care wether or not they were baptised.  I grew up Catholic, and I was baptised as a baby just like any other Catholic.  However, I don't think of myself as a Catholic.  I don't go to Mass on Sunday morning.  I don't even bother to show up on Christmas or Easter, and if I want a steak on Friday night, I'm going to have one.  If a church still has my name on a membership roster, I don't care.  I'm not an atheist, I just have other views about God that are based on my own personal experience that don't fit most views of organized religion.

If you want to be non-religious or atheist, having an unbaptism ceremony isn't the way to go because then you're engaging in a religious ceremony.  Doesn't that defeat the purpose of being non-religious or atheist?  Organize a pool party instead.  If you're truly an atheist or non-religious person. the word "hedonism" shouldn't have any meaning to you.

In reply to Message (39610) Hello Wetlook opportunity for non-religious folk

By Arthur Chappell - arthur@chappell7300.freeserve.co.uk gb Sat 04/04/09 11:27:11 GMT

You may have seen recent news items reviving an old argument in favour of having religious baptisms (especially Catholic ones) annulled, enabling previously Christened but now atheistic or agnostic individuals to severe links to the church – much of the campaign focusses on a wish to receive a letter of annulment from church leaders, or having a non-legally recognized certificate of annulment downloaded from a group like the National Secular Society.  As wetlook enthusiasts, we have potential to be more dramatic, colourful and wet about it – What I would like to see and participate in is a very public high media profile reversal of the born again fuly clothed emersion baptisms we sometimes see on youtubes, etc – with an already soaked and dressed believer (or a whole bunch of us)  being lifted from the water (a hired swimming pool would be best) and dried off by unbelievers, in effect, cleaned of religion and its trappings.  Who would be up for such a stunt? Ideally it should look good enough to start a trend. My first move is naturally to fingd out who would want to join in, as unbaptisees, observers, swimmers, and as an audience.

See my web page here for the basis of this http://arthurchappell.me.uk/unbaptism.htm Cheers AC

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.033 seconds to generate ]