minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Fri 19/04/24 09:37:21 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook.Biz
Wetlook-Online

Message # 39247.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Wetlook: Mainstream, Fringe, or Somewhere in Between?

Date: Tue 03/03/09 20:00:50 GMT

Name: Poliut us

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

We have gratuitous sex scenes placed in every form of entertainment today (film and print), and in many cases they have little (if any) impact on the overall storyline. Many fetishes can be difficult to develop into a gratuitous scene in a story - some you would need something else going on (and end up having only the people interested in the fetish noticing the gimmick provided), others can get repetitive rather quickly (and then it becomes a question of developing it for those interested, or overdoing it for those who aren't), and others are inappropriate when talking about mainstream content.

Speaking specifically to wetlook, I know the big challenge can be balancing the fetish with the storyline - especially with writing. I think film allows you to get away with lacking a storyline, at least moreso than writing. I know I have some ideas for wetlook scenes (or stories involving wetlook), and the trickiest thing is balance and believability.

In terms of balance, I'm talking about the development of the story and the development of wetlook - I have a story to build, but I also don't want to underdevelop the description and effect of wet clothing. By the time I'm done I'm left wondering if I developed both aspects well enough. Now sure, there are your scenarios where you can build the story and then build the wetlook - trips to bodies of water are great for that sort of thing (character development for the first half, wetlook development for the second), but that is limiting in and of itself, and can sometimes get hackneyed rather quickly.

Believability is often just as tricky - I have some ideas for wetlook stories or scenes, yet I'm reluctant with some of them because they probably sound a bit lousy (a Marine Biologist plans to do research underwater yet forgets to bring her wetsuit), or a bit of a reach even in gratuitous terms (someone strolls away from a formal party to paddle around in a lake).

One thing I have yet to try is to either insert a gratuitous scene into a full-fledged novel, or have wetlook be one of the main elements to a novel (where wetlook develops a storyline).

"(S)ome producers make a great effort to create an ambience and a sense of reality.....e.g. Leon goes to great efforts to make "reality tv"...with his MostWet events and pool parties, and EuroWAM TEAM will create documentary style scenarios such as the Wetlook Hunter.....but it is very hard to cross that bridge into the mainstream world.

Certainly Leon has a chance to do this, because he has been doing this already for the past 4 years, cos his MostWet night club events are about as mainstream as you can get."

The Wetlook Hunter could work in the mainstream media, but it would probably be limited to an episode on a reality series - maybe fan reaction after such an episode may allow for the development of a full-fledged reality TV show with the same premise that WH has.

The thing with the nightclub events would be to have enough people hosting those things in enough places - eventually it would work its way into the mainstream culture.

"Lastly.....you can equate the "coming out" of the wam/wetlook world into the mainstream....with the way the gay community has evolved....i.e. gay people were mostly in the closet 25 years ago....but today there are millions of openly gay people marching in parades in all cites...and this is now widely accepted in the mainstream. The wetlook fans like me were certainly in the closet on all this during the 1970's and 80's...and it was only in the early 1990's that myself and others started to come out and find more like-minded people. And then with the advent of the internet explosion in the mid 90's....this has basically blossomed from a handful of people I used to chat with in the early 90's on compuserve message boards....to approx 10,000 wetlook fans on the 2 forums today. But we are still a LONG way from being in the mainstream yet....not until there are as many of us...as there are gay people."

I agree that we still have a long way to go - but I do think we're slowly getting there in terms of having emphasized wetlook in the mainstream media and mainstream culture. Obviously, I'm new to the ride, being in the younger generation, but hopefully the "mainstreamization of wetlook" isn't that far away Happy .

In reply to Message (39247.1) Hello Re: Wetlook: Mainstream, Fringe, or Somewhere in Between?

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net ex Tue 03/03/09 18:34:07 GMT

The difference between the mainstream media world and the fetish media world can basically be defined in 2 words...i.e. "gratiutous" and "oblivious".

All fetish media is produced and shot in a gratuitous style that focuses entirely on the fetish topic being covered, and there is no primary emphasis on a storyline. The fetish is the focus....and the storyline (if there is any...cos 80% of fetish scenes have no underlying story at all) is merely secondary and an excuse to deploy fetish clothing etc.

All mainstream media is focused totally on a storyline, and not fetish interests, and if any fetish subjects happen to appear, those are purely "incidental" and the subject is totally oblivious to that too...they are just telling a story or following a script etc.

Mainstream producers and Fetish producers....approach things from totally opposite angles. For example,,,

A mainstream producer's approach is -- I just found an amazing script with a great story to tell, and I wish to bring that story to the movie theater or tv screen, and the wardrobe department and props department...merely follow what is required to be in the script. So...the script drives the production....and clothing and props merely follow that script.

A fetish producer's approach is --....I have some great new outfits I just bought....and I have some great models that I work with......so I am dying to get those outfits and models wet in any way I can dream up. 80% of wam producers don't even bother to create a scenario or a script...cos they do not care about storylines at all, so they just dress up the girls and dunk them...and their only focus is on shooting with a great camera and editing things nicely....but storylines are of no interest to them. These are basically just purely modelling scenes only. But some producers make a great effort to create an ambience and a sense of reality.....e.g. Leon goes to great efforts to make "reality tv"...with his MostWet events and pool parties, and EuroWAM TEAM will create documentary style scenarios such as the Wetlook Hunter.....but it is very hard to cross that bridge into the mainstream world.

Certainly Leon has a chance to do this, because he has been doing this already for the past 4 years, cos his MostWet night club events are about as mainstream as you can get.

Lastly.....you can equate the "coming out" of the wam/wetlook world into the mainstream....with the way the gay community has evolved....i.e. gay people were mostly in the closet 25 years ago....but today there are millions of openly gay people marching in parades in all cites...and this is now widely accepted in the mainstream. The wetlook fans like me were certainly in the closet on all this during the 1970's and 80's...and it was only in the early 1990's that myself and others started to come out and find more like-minded people. And then with the advent of the internet explosion in the mid 90's....this has basically blossomed from a handful of people I used to chat with in the early 90's on compuserve message boards....to approx 10,000 wetlook fans on the 2 forums today. But we are still a LONG way from being in the mainstream yet....not until there are as many of us...as there are gay people.

thats my 2 cents.

MK

In reply to Message (39247) Hello Wetlook: Mainstream, Fringe, or Somewhere in Between?

By Poliut - us Tue 03/03/09 16:17:50 GMT

Where would you say wetlook happens to be on the Mainstream-Fringe scale?

I would have to say that while it's not quite at the mainstream level just yet, it's getting there. I wouldn't consider it completely fringe, as there has been enough exposure of wetlook in the mainstream avenues of society (though I think it's often not as much as anyone here would like). Some of the things our talented* filmmakers, photographers and writers produce would probably be considered more towards the fringe side of society (at least from MPOV). Not that being fringe is bad - everything mainstream started out as a fringe element. When would I consider wetlook to be finally mainstream? That's an even tougher question, especially since the shift from fringe to mainstream is very gradual and difficult to measure.

I will say that here, it's considered more of an art, where in the mainstream it's more of a sidethought or circumstance, and that shift could significantly swing the stand of wetlook on the Mainstream-Fringe scale. I still haven't found that scene that looked like it was shot by Swen Goebbels, Leon Moomin, or Erik Elsas in a Hollywood blockbuster film - but then again I'm not looking hard enough either (most movies just don't interest me that much these days)...

Agree? Disagree? Think I'm a blind moron again?

*As much as I may crtiticize and second-guess what comes out, I still love ya Smokin (in a completely non-romantic manner, of course)

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.161 seconds to generate ]