Wetlook-Online

Message # 39084.1.2

Subject: Info Louise Jameson (Leela) in a pool in her dress

Date: Tue 17/02/09 23:56:24 GMT

Name: watershed ex

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
I remember watching a Tom Baker / Louise Jameson episode, it must have been just at the end of primary school for me (many years ago!) that began with the Doctor asking K-9 where Leela was, and K-9 replying, "She is immersed, Doctor."  The Doctor asked what K-9 meant, and K-9 replied, "Totally immersed in substance H20."  Now of course my attention was riveted at this statement, as at that point in the series we had seen Leela in only one or two outfits (started with the leather, can't remember exactly when the off-white hide was added to the repertoire), either of which I would have been very keen to see wet.

I was not disappointed: the scene cut to a swimming pool (lots of room in all those extra dimensions in the TARDIS!), with Leela swimming in her dress and the Doctor scolding her, "Leela!  This is no time to be taking a bath!"  I was over the moon; I can't remember at all what the rest of the plot was about, but that scene is etched into my memory.  (Anyone remember the episode?)

In reply to Message (39084.1) Hello Re: Wetlook in Dr. Who

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net ex Tue 17/02/09 02:59:07 GMT

Been watching it since I was a kid and saw the very first episode in 1963, and never missed an episode since.....so a quick summary of wetlook over the last 45 years and approx 700 episodes is sadly a very little amount of wetlook in all those years. Basically...from a wetlook perspective, nothing happened in any shows from 1963 to 67, and during 1967/68 season they had probably the best wetlook scenes that ever occurred, and nobody is likely to see again. That was, during the Troughton black and white era when they has one series of episodes about Sea Devils, where they turned the local villagers into lake zombies, and there was several scenes of the villagers wading in and out the lake in that series (the same concept as that recent u.s. series called INVASION). Sadly, that series is now among "the lost tapes" of the BBC that they erased, and so all I have are my memories of watching that show live.

Then from 1968 until the mid 80's....nothing at all. It was not until the Sophie Aldred ("Ace") era of the late 80,s that "Ace" came thru with 3 different wetlook scenes in different shows (1=trapped in flooding water tank, 2= in a river, and 3= diving into the lake in her 40's dress and stockings...and 2 other vampire girls were in wetlook scenes in that storyline too). If you count victorian bathing dresses as wetlook, then Bonnie Langford was in a wetlook pool scene in a victorian dress in a late 80's episode too.

And that was basically "it"....until recently...cos the show was off the air for all of the 1990's, and since it returned to the air in the new millenium, there has only been 1 wetlook scene in the first 4 seasons (with buck tooth Billie Piper getting hosed down etc)

So...my scorecard is....that "Ace" remains the champ....cos she did 3 wetlook scenes and no other companion has matched that.

There were many sexy companions over the last 45 years that would have been wonderful to see wet....i.e. Katy Manning, Elisabeth Sladen, Wendy Padbury, Lalla Ward....but none of them ever did. Jungle girls "Leela" (Louise Jameson) did get wet in the sewers in a 70's episode....but you can't really count that as wetlook cos she only wore a leather loin cloth. And you can't count the more recent Catherine Tate bride in the Thames scene as wetlook...cos it was so badly filmed and edited, you don't see no money shots at all....so I am "not bovvered" about Catherine Tate.

So...basically wetlook occurs on Dr Who....about the same frequency as Halley';s comet.

MK

In reply to Message (39084) Question Wetlook in Dr. Who

By Chiezo - chiezo@onego.ru ru Tue 17/02/09 01:20:59 GMT

How do you think, whether there is some wetlook in the old Doctor Who series? I have just seen all the First Doctor era and have found no wetlook... Maybe it will appear later?

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.034 seconds to generate ]