WetlookPro

Message # 38592.1

Subject: Hello Re: OT fyi Hobie

Date: Wed 07/01/09 23:34:08 GMT

Name: Hobie ch

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
You're welcome! Thanks for the feedback!

You've been lucky, I've had computers from custmers, which had a couple of 100 files infected!

Generic Artemis or variant in 4 different .dll files --> Its is allways good, if you know the filenames, then you can eliminate them yourself.

boot in protected mode, search for the files and delete them. be aware though, that they may be write-protected. If so, you'd have to change the file-settings.

Check the following folders for files with similar names:

all temp folders, incl. temp internet files

your windows folder (mostly C:\windows)

the windows-subfolders \system and \system32 (and all of their subfolders)

Rename the suspicious files (see below) and move then to a new empty folder named 'suspicious' (or any name you like) and remember for each file, where it came from (for example by putting all the files from \system32 in c:\suspicious\system32)

Restart the system.  If you would have moved something you shouldn't have, the program needing the file will ask for it and you can move it back. If all programs work well, you can delete the files.

Mostly the name is composed of randomly choosen characters. Programmmers tend to give their files a name from which they can recognise themselves, what the files are for.

So every filename with randomly choosen characters is suspicious.

Good luck!

Hobie

In reply to Message (38592) Hello OT fyi Hobie

By Waterspaniel - us Wed 07/01/09 21:30:33 GMT

Thanks for the Stinger link, I wasn't able to access it before, but this time I could. They named it well, it found 15 trojans, removed 11 of them, 4 came up as "Cannot be repaired". Apparently they're the ones that are too embedded for the software to get and still causing the problems, listed as Generic Artemis or variant in 4 different .dll files.  Still, I recommend this to anyone to download and scan with regularly. It's free and doesn't take very long. Hope you find this info useful.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.027 seconds to generate ]