Wetlook-Online

Message # 38561.1.1.1

Subject: Hello Thanks a lot guys

Date: Mon 05/01/09 08:29:14 GMT

Name: Waterspaniel us

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Thanks, Hobie, for taking the time to relate that info. As MK says, I'm not the computer guru you are, and although I do have some computer training, I'm a bit uneasy about playing around in the registry. And thanks for the input, MK, sounds like good advice. So far the Ad-Aware doesn't seem to be taking care of it, and I can't get System Restore to work. I click the Next button in the System Restore window and nothing happens. I'm not putting any money into this thing, it's pushing 4 years old, and is seriously RAM challenged. Plus Dell is advertising them dirt cheap right now, with some pretty respectable specs. If I can't straighten this out, I'm getting a new one. Thanks again.
In reply to Message (38561.1.1) Hello ...fyi

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net ex Mon 05/01/09 01:31:06 GMT

If you if you are not a technical person (as I am not one myself)...then those instructions are all greek to me, and I do not like to mess with the registry if I do not know what I am doing....cos you know the old saying

"To err is humnan - to really screw things up, you need a personal computer".

...cos messing with registry stuff is for technical people only....so whenever I get infected...I normally find these 2 simple low tech methods cure most of the problems I encounter with malware being in my pc....

1) Run the free software called AD AWARE....the free edition. This free software normally does a pretty decent job at removing malware and viruses from your pc...and it cures most of my problems....you can download this free software here...

http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-2008/3000-8022_4-10045910.html

FYI most free spyware/adware remover softwares trick you...i.e. they will scan your pc for free...but not actually remove any viruses unless you register and pay for their software. But Ad Aware is totally free...and will scan as well aas remove your viruses too.

If that does not remove the offending virus, then the next step is...

2) Do a system restore on your PC...and go to your system tools in windows and set windows to do a full restore of your registry settings to one day ago, before you got infected. I find this normally cures everything and sets your pc back to normal.

If the virus is very sophisticated and is buried too deep in your registry to be removed, that is when you need technical help from somebody who knows how to edit your registry and or re-build your entire pc (my brother, who is more more adept than I am....normally rebuilds the entire pc at that point...and offloads the data to a 2nd hard drive, formats the drive, and then re-installs windows from scratch....but hopefully you will not have to do that).

Just try steps 1 and 2 first...cos I find most of the infections I get are either cured by Step 1...or..they are almost always cured if you go to Step 2.

Good luck

MK

In reply to Message (38561.1) Hello Re: OT - infected with @#$. sagipsul.com popups

By Hobie - ch Sun 04/01/09 23:33:08 GMT

This seems to be quite new.

I googled for sagipsul.com and found no solutions. First Infections seem to have occurde around 30 December 2008.

This kind of malware can mostly be eliminated with the following steps (You should know, how to work with the windows registry):

Startup in protected mode.

Check the 'Run' commands in your registry and search for commands starting files you don't know. (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run)

Write down the path and filename that is in the command and rename the file in the path.

Example: For Adobe reader this would be "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe", you'd have to delete 'Reader_sl.exe' which you would find in 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\'

Mark and export the command to a *.reg-file, just in case you delete something, you still need.

Delete the command

Check the 'RunOnce' commands, they sould be empty (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce)

Do so for every command, you don't know. If you have any doubts, google for the filename that is in the command and you'll soon know, what it is for.

Delete all your temp files in the windows-dir and in all the users dirs.

Restart your PC. If we're lucky (that means, the malware used this structure), the problem should be solved.

If not, post again and I'll try to find a solution.

Hobie

In reply to Message (38561) Danger OT - infected with @#$. sagipsul.com popups

By Waterspaniel - us Sun 04/01/09 22:59:09 GMT

Repeatedly generates new blank Firefox window every couple of minutes with the above in the address window and won't let me access the Mcafee or numerous other sites relating to virus/spyware removal. No idea how this got past my anti-virus software or how I picked it up, but the big laugh is, I ran the antivirus scan this morning and it says I'm protected! It did find a trojan, which it supposedly removed. Anybody else run into this? Thanks. Depressed

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.026 seconds to generate ]