Message # 38532.3.1

Subject: Info Re: Polar Plunge

Date: Sat 03/01/09 00:19:25 GMT

Name: bryce (aka brad) us

Email: bradandsammie@mac.com

Website: http://web.mac.com/bradandsammie/Sammie_and_Brads_Place/home.html

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

These events happen all over the place in the US, usually on the last day any ski center is open. Go to the various sites like Flickr or Youtube and search for "Pond Skim" or "Slush Cup" and you'll see hundreds of photos. However, I have in all my searches -- and I search for months every year -- I have seen exactly two good photographs. Two! And I once saw part of one video with a decent shot of a woman in a red snowsuit face planting in the pond.

See, there are generally these rules for these events regarding videos and photos: 90% of the participants are guys. If 10% are women (and that's a high number) 90% of those will be dressed up in stupid costumes, since a lot of the events are costume-based, especially the ones with any sort of good video or photography. If a woman dressed as a Twinkie getting wet excites you then you may be in luck.

Also, the videos fall into 3 categories: As mentioned, the costumed skims which suck, and then people trying to videotape into the sun so you can't see anything. But mostly, and this drives me nuts, mostly people take what footage they have and make it into a hyper-quick editing fiasco with some awful music... So if on the off chance there is a girl and she is dressed in ski clothes you won't actually get to see anything because the edit will cut away to some guy with a grass skirt and coconuts for fake boobs (you'll see lots of those for some reason.)

But hey, don't take my word for it. If you find anything please let us know. I look every year, more aggressively during the spring when these events are happening and less so now, though I still look around once a week or so. And I have yet to find anything worth actually saving or pointing anybody to. They do this event an hour from my house every year and I always want to go but always seem to get stuck working. Maybe this year I'll get lucky.

In reply to Message (38532.3) Hello Re: Polar Plunge

By kellmorian - kellmorian@centrum.cz uu Fri 02/01/09 18:38:16 GMT

many years ago, about 20 yrs back, i saw in TV some sport recession, or how to say - it was not polar submerging itself, but form of ski race, where people get some speed from small hill and has to cross about 7-10m long pool of water by water-ski style, using gained speed. in winter, of course. also many racers was man, most of the few involved woman (and man too) was in swim suits, but some in winter clothes. much of all people succesfully make it to other side, but i remember one girl in pure 80's (80's and 90's winter and autumn-spring fashion is my most favorite fashion at all) ski suit fell and swims to shore, where it was pulled out by organizers. it was a strong experience to me, even as i was a small boy. i never saw something as it again, neither photos from something like this. neverhless, even if something such action occurs today, i will not like it much, for i dislike today's fashion.
In reply to Message (38532) Hello Polar Plunge

By Scot Wet - sx Fri 02/01/09 16:04:33 GMT

Hey, has anyone got some good polar plunge videos or photos from new year?

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.019 seconds to generate ]