Wetlook-Online

Message # 38135.1.1.1.1

Subject: Info Common misconception?

Date: Mon 01/12/08 19:37:49 GMT

Name: Malvineous gb

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

I think this is a common misconception. A pure download manager exists to queue up downloads on your behalf. There's one built into both iCab for Macintosh and IE for Macintosh. Instead of sitting there manually starting downloads (very tedious when there's a lot of them), the download manager holds them all in a queue for you. Apparently this trivial behaviour is too clever for Windows IE or Firefox! (Mac IE and Windows IE are radically different applications.)

A download accelerator however opens multiple connections to the server to attempt to take more than your fair share of the server's bandwidth. You learn how much it hurts when using a 200 MHz Mac on a 200 kbit upstream cable connection as a Web server!

However, the line between these is very blurred as even DownThemAll defaults to accelerator behaviour, and I immediately disabled this. DownThemAll has a companion extension DownThemAll ServerSwitcher, which permits intelligent queuing. Install this, and set DTA to multiple concurrent downloads, and add a DTA SS rule '*' to one concurrent download. This causes DTA to operate one download at a time per server, but multiple downloads in total. In the case of your sites, this does mean that Mostwet and Jeans and Pants are considered multiple servers, but since they have separate domains and stores; that makes sense.

IE and iCab and DTA minus DTA SS only provide a global limit: setting it to 2 or more will try to grab that many concurrent files from the same site, but setting it to 1 means that you can't download from multiple sites at once. DTA SS fixes this, so many thanks to the DTA team! (I've waited so many years for this.)

In reply to Message (38135.1.1.1) Hello Re: "Size mismatch" ..?

By lisamoomin - leon@mostwet.com gb Mon 01/12/08 11:52:13 GMT

Our host does not support Downlod Managers!

Sorry but we are A small wam company hosted by a small hosting company!  I don't think we can sustain people using download managers, as the effect on bandwidth could be quite severe!

We are with themothership.net, as most wam sites are these days, you will find the same thing with all sites hosted by them.

leonmoomin Peace Man

In reply to Message (38135.1.1) Question "Size mismatch" ..?

By Malvineous - gb Mon 01/12/08 06:07:32 GMT

Hm, ss06cjade.wmv and ss006gjdade.wmv won't download in DownThemAll! due to "size mismatch" -- apparently when the server declares that the download is done (closes the connection) the resultant file is not the same size as the server claimed it would be (via Content-Length). DownThemAll! finds this disturbing and throws the file away, believing it to be a bad copy.

I remember this being a topic of debate with iCab's download manager, with the developer insisting that some servers will in fact report wrong file sizes. Sadly, DTA! does what I wanted, and detects this as a fault, but does not appear to permit a resume to finish it off, or let me keep the file.

Since Firefox alone can't queue files, and the site does not permit two concurrent downloads, I'll see how long it will sit with a tab waiting in line for its turn to download. I have to be out soon.

In reply to Message (38135.1) Hello Re: ALL Leonmoomin Downloads Only $5 each!!

By Malvineous - gb Sun 30/11/08 20:52:57 GMT

I'll bite. Good thing I have DownThemAll! for Firefox to handle all the downloads for me =) It's going to take a while before these are all done!
In reply to Message (38135) Pictures ALL Leonmoomin Downloads Only $5 each!! html

By lisamoomin - leon@mostwet.com gb Sun 30/11/08 09:28:21 GMT

ALL Leonmoomin Downloads Now $5!!!!

Mostwam Download Store!

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.032 seconds to generate ]