minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Fri 29/03/24 11:12:13 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook.Biz
Wetlook-Online

Message # 37495.4.2.1

Subject: Links Re: What makes wetlook interesting or boring (a response to MK’s post 37465

Date: Mon 06/10/08 17:06:25 GMT

Name: Anonymoist uu

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Very interesting discussion. I'm in my late 50's and remember becoming interested in wetlook as a child in the 1950's, watching the old "Annie Oakley" show (starring my first Hollywood love, Gail Davis) hoping to see her get wet wearing her split riding skirt with matching vest & a long sleeve shirt. Alas, it never happened but I'd still be interested to see that even today.

My tastes have actually expanded as well as evolved and are now quite similar to Wetlongskirt's, but while I agree with him and other who feel jeans/tee shirts are overexposed, I feel that a good jeans picture is better than a bad dress or skirt picture. An example of my evolving preferences, when I was young I used to hope to see ladies in white nurse uniforms get wet. Now I find white and pastel/light colors uninteresting because I'm not into see through and wetness (i.e. shininess) is difficult to perceive with these colors. I prefer medium to dark solid colors such as navy blue, purple, maroon, green, etc. as well as black because these colors shine nicely under to proper lighting conditions. Patterns & prints, like light colors often mask shine as well so I'm not crazy about them either.

As far as clothing is concerned give me a nice business suit (especially one with a vest as well as jacket) and/or the nearly equivalent military dress uniform or flight attendants' uniforms (uniforms are terribly underutilized for wetlook), a skirt and blouse, formal gowns (again dark colored), slacks with a blouse and cheerleader outfits.  

Not to be overlooked is the texture and or fabric of clothing as it applied to wetlook. Coarse fabrics like tweeds and wools tend to absorb water quickly and do not shine well when wet. Leather on the other hand shines nicely when dry but does not look much different wet so, to me, while I love seeing women wearing leather skirts under ordinary circumstances It doesn't thrill me to see them wet wearing them. I've always liked gabardine, silk, satin and other finely textured weaves for suits, skirts and slacks and silk and satin for blouses are ideal.

Here is a near perfect example of the kind of wetlook I find most appealing (copy & paste):

http://wetminase.web.fc2.com/gallery02/images/img312.jpg

Great model, great outfit, great shine.

Lastly, I like swim dresses or skirted swimwear since it's about a close to "real" wetlook as most of us will likely see during everyday life.

These are just my preferences, but to each their own. Variety is the spice of life.

In reply to Message (37495.4.2) Hello Re: What makes wetlook interesting or boring (a response to MK’s post 37465

By wetimer - isthisobscureenough@yahoo.co.uk uu Sun 05/10/08 18:47:23 GMT

I'd like to put in a thumbs up for swimdresses too! Maybe its because they blur the boundary between conventional swimwear and proper wetlook, but I find them really sexy on a hot girl. I guess they're the nearest thing to wetlook that most of us are going to see a girl wear in an indoor swimming pool.
In reply to Message (37495.4) Happy Re: What makes wetlook interesting or boring (a response to MK’s post 37465.1.1

By wetgalfan - wetgalfan@yahoo.com us Sat 04/10/08 15:33:01 GMT

I'd like to offer my two cents on swim dresses.  I have convinced my wife to only wear them when she has to wear a bathing suit.  She can be convinced to wear shorts and a t-shirt when we go to a lake, or our neighborhood pool after dark, and she'll wear just about anything I like in private, but when we go to a pool duing daylight hours, she wants a bathing suit.  Some ladies from the neighborhood all had some two-piece mix & match swim dresses from Land's End this summer.  I recognized them from the catalog.  They were full halter suits with skirts that went half-way down to the knee.  I loved it when they showed up at the pool.  My opinion of the swim dress is if it looks like it could be worn out shopping dry, then it gets an honorable mention for wetlook.
In reply to Message (37495) Talking What makes wetlook interesting or boring (a response to MK’s post 37465.1.1

By Wetlongskirts - gb Sat 04/10/08 05:28:48 GMT

I don't know to what extent you're playing devil's advocate in your comments, MK, but extrapolating your comments further leaves huge swathes of wetlook open to being labelled boring. For example, how long have there been pics of wet T-shirts now - it must be getting on for 40 years? Everything that could be done with a wet T-shirt has been done many times over and pics showing them are still commonplace. This could be argued as having reached the stage of being boring long ago. Wet jeans are another example. When you've seen one pic of wet jeans, haven't you seen them all? They always look the same and jeans pics are ten a penny in the wetlook world. Nothing more can be done with them that hasn't been done repeatedly already. The vast majority of candid pics of pool parties show women wearing sleeveless tops and jeans. There's hardly any imagination being shown in what women aged 18-30 where anymore - the skirt is largely fading away as an item of clothing for them - they all dress like clones of each other and it's dull, dull, dull!

Yet there are plenty of people who still can't get enough of pics of wet T-shirts, jeans or of pool parties. Obviously it doesn't matter to them how many such pics they've seen before - each one is like a new adventure to them to be viewed and enjoyed on its own merits. It doesn't matter to them how many similar pics they've seen before. Whilst I'm much more choosy about what pics I save these days, the same is true of the items of clothing that I prefer to see wet. If I like what's being worn, I'll generally save the pic. However, the location that the clothes are being worn in (I prefer outdoor shots in natural surroundings) is an increasingly important factor for me, but not enough to stop me from appreciating pics like these:

http://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pic_id=4782002fe48d1&date=2008-01-07%2005:34:26&id=367679&pid=5202695

http://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pic_id=485f1d0135043&date=2008-06-22%2023:48:20&id=94881&pid=7250527

Similar pics taken outdoors though get my immediate attention though:

http://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pic_id=4767439790e51&date=2007-12-17%2022:50:51&id=312408&pid=5017442

http://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pic_id=47cb4bd6ec42a&date=2008-03-02%2019:52:44&id=377014&pid=5839257

Anyway, I digress a little! Personally, I'm not bothered whether clothes are normal attire to get wet in the culture of whoever's wearing them - all that bothers me is whether I like the look of what I'm seeing. Although they're very formulaic, I enjoy watching the Indian Youtube movies that Dhopash in particular posts here (many thanks Dhopash!). They feature women who are absolutely revelling in getting wet - something that you rarely see in the West. Whilst I much prefer them wearing long skirts to saris, I enjoy the vast majority of the movies.

Finally, you say that Trash The Dress pics don't do anything for you because they're all the same. However, certainly compared to wet T-shirts and jeans, TTD pics are a brand new phenomenon and feature dresses being worn in circumstances that they haven't been seen in hitherto. Therefore, it's new and exciting to me, not least because it's bringing wetlook more into the mainstream. The only issue for me really is that the white wedding dresses don't really look much different to me wet than they do dry, some they fail an important pre-requisite for wetlook - you can't really tell that they're wet! Even so, I find pics like the ones at the link below very interesting and fresh, despite the material involved not being the best from a wetlook perspective:

http://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pic_id=4787daa6afafd&date=2008-01-11%2016:07:56&id=515287&pid=5253435

http://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pic_id=479bb41cd115a&date=2008-01-26%2017:28:47&id=515287&pid=5412356

A black bra and panties doesn't do anything for me from a wetlook perspective regardless of whether it looks like a bikini or not - my wetlook motto is pretty much that bare flesh is often being wasted from a wetlook perspective - give me a long sleeved shirt over a sleeveless top any day. That's not to say that burkhas are my favourite item of clothing for wetlook as they're simply aesthetically displeasing to look at! I'm sure there's someone out there who loves them though.....

Seeing wet swimsuits and bikinis don't count as wetlook to me as it's what everyone in my culture typically wears to get wet in. That stance gets more blurred when I consider swimdresses though - I've yet to decide about them! Warning - both of the following pics are dry - I'm posting them to illustrate types of swimdress:

http://www1.daxon.co.uk/ladieswear-menswear-orthopaedic-footwear/Polka-Dot-Swimdress.aspx?ProductId=D013101138&DocumentId=DS08&CompanyId=D&Path=441/460&source=

http://www.fashionworld.co.uk/productcache/FW/BO6371/HK397RP.html.gz

Ultimately, we all have our own pet favourites and dislikes for wetlook, which is how it should be, although it makes it a bit of a nightmare for wetlook producers who have to strive as many different tastes as possible whilst not alienating people in doing so!

Interesting debate!!

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.042 seconds to generate ]