WetlookPro

Message # 3746.1.1.1.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Re: Still on copyrights

Date: Tue 20/05/03 02:46:01 GMT

Name: wetfan us

Email: wetfan1@lycos.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Thanks very much for picking up on this, Graham.  For the record, the ONLY person I have given permission to use my vintage wetlook is JJ.  I have definitely NOT given wetandmessy.net permission to use ANY of my material.  

wetfan

In reply to Message (3746.1.1.1.1) Info Re: Still on copyrights

By Graham (UK) - graham@styxwetworld.com gb Mon 19/05/03 22:11:27 GMT

That all sounds correct to me.

So, regarding the VINTAGE photos, you are saying you have a licence to use these from the producers of these photos? I wonder if the person who sold you that licence actually owns the photos? I will contact WetFan and JJ (unless they are reading this) to see if they have given you such a licence.

Graham

In reply to Message (3746.1.1.1) Info Still on copyrights

By Alessia - webmaster@wetandmessy.net uu Mon 19/05/03 21:01:25 GMT

Dear Graham,

i would like to have some conversation on an interesting subject.

as for international laws and rules, there are two main ways to show or sell content on the Internet:

1. i can produce my own content, i have the evidences of that and i have the COPYRIGHT on this material. i can distribute the content as i like, freely or being payed for that.

2. i can buy the content, i have the evidence of that and i'm LICENSED to use this material in the ways the license i have allows me. In some case, i even can distribute freely the content i bought, it's my choice.

If i scan a picture from a magazine or from a paper photography, i do not become owner of any copyright, unless i get it from the producer of the photo or the editor of the magazine. The same if i grab a frame from a movie.

So if i am a collector and i made a large collection of images scanned from magazines and i publish them on the web, i'm still not the owner of these images.

In any case, still all the images on our site are original own production, or are fully licensed.

Stay wet,

Alessia

In reply to Message (3746.1.1) Note Re: Re: Warning about

By Graham (UK) - graham@styxwetworld.com gb Mon 19/05/03 19:50:47 GMT

I waited for several days for a reply and only posted my message here this morning, having had no reply to my last 2 emails to you since Friday. Your email message this morning arrived one hour after I posted this warning. As you accpeted the problem, we expected you to take down your site until the problem was corrected. When you continued to sell memberships (for the past 3 or 4 days) for material that was not yours, I concluded you were planning to ignore this community and carry on selling regardless. Hence my warning to everyone.

If your content is indeed now all your own (we have no way of being certain as no-one I know has access), this community will be very pleased and I hope you get lots of members signing up.

I still have a concern over the "vintage" area of your member site as I cannot see how you are producing your own material for this. I expect you are still selling WetFan's material.

There are many sites that display images belonging to other people. In a lot of cases, there is a copyright, reference or link to the owner of the material from that site. In some cases there isn't. Most producers are not that paranoid or worried if their content is used in this way, provided it's free and was originally given to the community freely. But what you were doing was unacceptable - you were attempting to PROFIT by SELLING what is not yours to sell and THAT is what this community does not accept as ethical.

However, it *seems* as if you have mostly corrected the problem. I wish you well selling your own material.

Graham

In reply to Message (3746.1) Thumbs Down Re: Warning about

By Alessia - webmaster@wetandmessy.net uu Mon 19/05/03 19:29:35 GMT

Dear Graham,

before writing what you wrote, you had better wait our mail we sent you this morning, to avoid writing uncorrect things.

When you and your friends asked us to review our site as our content was from Usenet and there were copyrights on images, we had been collaborartive: we turned down the site, we gave you login and password to enter the members area to give us a feedback.

We also told you and your friends that we were waiting for our studios delivering OUR OWN PRODUCTION IMAGES, and to be patient for some days.

What we said was the truth: www.wetandmessy.net has now ONLY FULLY LICENSED AND OWN PRODUCED CONTENT, and we'll continuosly update our site with FULLY LEGAL CONTENT.

If anyone has to claim for copyright or licensing we are pleased to show all the needed documents, and we'll require to see the licenses of people claiming for copyright on our images.

In any case, thankyou for the compliments for the design of the site.

Wet fun for all.

Stefy and Alessia

In reply to Message (3746) Angry Warning about "wetandmessy.net"

By Graham (UK) - graham@styxwetworld.com gb Mon 19/05/03 18:37:07 GMT

Some of this information was posted a few days ago but was deep into a thread, so you may have missed it. If you are considering signing up with wetandmessy.net at $19.99, you may wish to read this ...

I noticed their tour contained images belonging to other prople and I challenged them about it. Initially they seemed co-operative and even gave me and MK a password to check out their members area.

When we discovered that ALL the photos (except one photoset that starts wet and ends slightly messy) belonged to other people and were mostly already freely available on the Net anyway, we suggested they closed down until they had their own material to sell. At this point, they became less co-operative and stopped communicating.

The site "appears" to be run by 2 naive girls. Both MK and I doubt this is true as the site design is quite sophisticated and they appear to be well-versed in all aspects of referral and profit-sharing schemes.

When we were able to gain access, we found that the WETLOOK area comprised mostly stolen photos from Scott Hartmann, Wet Kahuna, Wetlook Unlimited, Oasis, Isabelle, Ron Brown, Wet Merlot, Aquantics, IWam, Tess, Lisa Bubbles, Ambers Wet, GP Videoproductions, Splosh. The FOOD area is around 60% Splosh content and also material from Wamtec and Phoebe Pie. The MUD area is photos from Splosh and Wamtec. The VINTAGE area is 100% stolen from vintagewet (Wetfan and JJ).

At the time we could see the area, only one shoot was unique and theirs. Whilst this could now have changed (we no longer have access and they do not reply to emails), you may wish to take these notes as a warning to perhaps not waste your money. I am taking their lack of response to my emails as an admittance of guilt. I wrote to UMD to get them dropped from listings and cut off their source of advertising, but nothing has happened yet.

Perhaps other site owners would care to lobby UMD about this site now? I will persue it no longer as they do not appear to have any of my images any more and I don't have the time. If someone has signed up and would like to report on the latest member content, I'm sure we'd all like to see what these people are up to, and perhaps someone will post an update here?

Graham

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.018 seconds to generate ]