MyWetloook

Message # 37260.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: TV alert (vintage movie) --..ooh....very interesting

Date: Sun 14/09/08 20:00:39 GMT

Name: Waterspaniel us

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

For the past couple of years I've been upgrading my vintage movie library, recording a lot of stuff from Turner Classic Movies, and that's how I happened on the "Brooklyn Orchid" scene. So it actually is on my clip collection #10 that I'm working on now (about 45 minutes to go, according to my real time counters, so it hopefully won't take 5 years like the last one did; guess I can't say "cliptape" anymore, since we're using DVDs now ). And there a couple of other vintage surprises on there too. I didn't know if they were going to air this again before I got the clip collection done, but in going over the listings for this month I saw that they were, so I posted it. As you mention, I like to push the boundaries beyond the standard TV and movie fare. And another thing to watch for: the "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" TV series, now being released on DVD, I think they're up to the the 1957 season. Watch for the 1960 season, I believe it's the "Madame Mystery" episode, which has a great wet scene at the beginning with Merri Wells. You might not recognize her name, but you might remember her face if you've ever seen the original "Little Shop of Horrors" from 1960. I sent you this clip several years ago, nice closeups of her dripping wet dress. And she was a looker too. Assuming they didn't chop it up, that is.

Apparently the "The McGuerins from Brooklyn" scene was incorporated into the later film "Two Knights from Brooklyn" (thewambank title), which was the title I made the clip under.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0229797/

I do remember the "Nancy Drew" scenes, but that was my pre-VCR days, so I couldn't do much there. And I do recall the picture in your link being discussed here before, but I've never been able to get it either. Bad Eyes

In reply to Message (37260.1) Hello Re: TV alert (vintage movie) --..ooh....very interesting

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net ex Sun 14/09/08 12:42:10 GMT

Tks Waterspaniel, thats very interesting. I have never heard of that one before. It is not on any tape I have and not in my wanted lists, nor on any of your tapes either....so how come you know about this scene, but you did not have it yourself either.

The interesting thing about this actress is, when I checked her imdb profile, I see that the character she plays in this film (Lucy Gibbs) is a role that she apparently reprised in a sequel film that she later made in the same year, called "The McGuerins from Brooklyn"....and I have that sequel movie....cos that has one of the best classic wetlook scenes of all time...where Arline Judge is in a hotel lobby, and she falls backwards into a pond in the lobby of the hotel, in her business suit, stockings and heels. Now that scene is a classic (I recently re-taped a fresh copy of that film from TCM too). So...the sequel movie had great wetlook slapstick too.

Sometimes I feel like Nicolas Cage (from National Treasure)...when I find something very old from the past....that nobody ever knew existed or had reported on before......e.g. this week I found a "Nancy Drew" (Pamela Sue Martin) wetlook scene from 1977 that nobody ever had or reported before.....i.e. in the 2nd season episode called "The Mystery of the Hollywood Phantom - pt1", Pamela falls into the stage pool on a Universal Studios tour, wearing a Linda Evans style blue satin dress, pantyhose and heels, and we see some great shots of Pamela in the clinging wet satin dress as she gets out of the pool. I had never seen that episode before, cos the re-runs on tv in the past only showed episodes from Season one of that series...and they were not re-airing the 2nd season episodes.....so that scene has remained unknown and unseen for 30 years.....until recently...when they just came out with a DVD box set of Season 2 epsiodes...which I ordered....cos a pantyhose forum was talking about that scene...and it peaked my curiosity...cos I was amazed that nobody had ever mentioned or sent in that scene to me in 30 years. Anyway....I have the scene on DVD now...and it is a long lost gem.

Likewise....I finally tracked down a copy last month of the 1944 movie "San Diego, I Love You"....and that movie has been on my "Most Wanted" list for 18 years....ever since Tony Keller from Switzerland mentioned it in his 1990 book "The Wetlook Guide to movies". As some of you may know...before we had the internet, in the early 1990's, Tony from Switzerland (with help from Roger from Aquantics) published a 50 page book called "The Wetlook TV Guide"...and Tony listed many old wetlook scenes from old movies that I had never heard of or seen. I spent 10 years tracking down and collecting most of those movies....but I could never find the 1944 movie "San Diego, I Love You".....which Tony wrote about. Anyway....I found a collector in Canada who had this film...and he sent me a DVDr copy this week...and the wetlook scene with Louise Albritton in this film is a great scene too.

This is the fun for me....i.e. the thrill of the chase...and searching for hard to find movies. Cos it is no fun at all....to collect common scenes or modern scenes and new movies or tv series....  that everybody can easily see on tv. Wetlook collecting is like stamp or coin collecting....i.e. the common or new things really have little value or interest....and the real treasures are when you uncover old things that nobody knew about, or have not been seen in 50 years.

My greatest unresolved mystery still remains unsolved though......although I have been able to solve half of the puzzle....i.e. what scene does this film come from......cos I would love to capture this scene....

http://www.vintagewet.com/wfa/scrap2/mp/a08/v93524.jpg

I know half of the answer.....i.e. I know who the guy is...cos I posted a message to the TCM channel forums...asking for their help in identifying the girl or the movie...and nobody could identify the girl or the film....but they all said that the guy was an actor called PAUL HARVEY (not the radio announcer...but the 1930's to 50's actor).  If I could identify the girl...then by triangulation I can do a Google search and find what film that appeared in together. But without the girls name...it is like looking for a needle in a haystack. So far...I have bought about 12-15 movies from Amazon and iOffer.com and Ebay where Paul Harvey was in those films...and no luck so far....and he made about 100 films....so I cannot seem to nail this one yet.

MK

In reply to Message (37260) Read This TV alert (vintage movie)

By Waterspaniel - us Sun 14/09/08 09:01:24 GMT

Website: http://www.skylighters.org/photos/pinups/marjoriewoodworth99.jpg

This Tuesday, 9/16, at 5:15 A.M. Chicago time, Turner Classic Movies is scheduled to air "Brooklyn Orchid" from 1942, which has a nice (if not perfect) wet scene with Marjorie Woodworth. I say not perfect, because it's an extended "after" scene, with no real "before" or "during". But it's plenty good for my taste. Marjorie starred in many of these short (50 minutes or so) movies from Hal Roach, which he referred to as "Streamliners". There's a second wet scene at the end (not Marjorie) that isn't quite as good. A pinup picture of Marjorie is at the link. Found It

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.027 seconds to generate ]