MyWetloook

Message # 37204.1.1.1.3

Subject: Talking Re: Explanation...

Date: Fri 12/09/08 17:22:51 GMT

Name: Jeansschwimmer de

Email: Jeansschwimmer@yahoo.de

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Dear foreign and other friends,

The strange term "gautschen" comes from the paper making process. Cellulose fibres are dissolved in water. This half liquid substance- the pulp-  gets fished out in a big wire net or sieve , the water rushes out and the future piece of paper slowly becomes visible. Today - of course- the machine consists of a rapidly spinning drum of fine wire netting and the pulp is changed into paper in an endless stream.

When the water stops dripping out by itself a piece of felt is pressed onto the paper-to-be, giving the paper its characteristic structure, namely a coarsely, more uneven "felt-side" and the finely cheque board like "net" or "sieve side". Have a  look at fine writing paper with a magnifying glass and you will see. The felt presses more water out, and the fibres are compressed. That is called "gautschen". I have no idea what the English term for this process is.

As printing and paper making are logically linked the term "gautschen" was used for this rite.

My father, being a master craftsman in this trade, often acted in the role of "Gautschmeister" and numerous young typesetters and printers were dunked at his command, in the same way he was once cleaned off  the dust of his apprenticeship as a young man.

Yours sincerely "Schwimmer"

In reply to Message (37204.1.1.1) Info Explanation...

By WF - wf001@gmx.net de Thu 11/09/08 04:34:30 GMT

You're right, this is an initiation rite (also called 'printer's baptism') for people in printing and media industry who have just finished their apprenticeship. Usually, they know what will happen to them. After this ceremony - which ususally involves being dunked into the water and drinking a large can of beer afterwards - they receive their 'Gautschbrief', a certificate which proves they are full members of the printer's guild.

Of course this is not an "official" certificate anymore - just a nice, ancient tradition which still exists in many places around Austria, Germany and Switzerland.

In fact, I'm a big fan of those ceremonies. I have visited several of them during the last few years and also took *lots* of pictures (and also have posted a couple of them quite some time ago). I think I should start again posting pics here, if anyone's interested...

--WF

In reply to Message (37204.1.1) Info Re: What is Gautschfest?

By plonss - nl Wed 10/09/08 20:32:19 GMT

It is a kind of initiation rite for people in the printing branch. One of our German friends should be able to tell us whether it is students starting their school in this branch or those that just finished those schools
In reply to Message (37204.1) Thumbs Up What is Gautschfest?

By Kristen - Kristen900a@yahoo.com us Wed 10/09/08 19:13:05 GMT

Hi...

Great pics. Could someone tell me what Gautschfest is? It looks like so much fun. Do these people know they are going to be soaked in advance, or do they just get picked at random? I guess my question is do they have any idea they may get wet when they go? Thanks.

In reply to Message (37204) Links Gautschfest

By flo - de Wed 10/09/08 09:29:53 GMT

ein paar nette Gautschfestbilder.

http://www.ernst-litfass-schule.de/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33&Itemid=45

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.336 seconds to generate ]