Wetlook-Online

Message # 36723.1.1

Subject: Note Re: A note to all.......important

Date: Mon 04/08/08 16:15:07 GMT

Name: Graham (Styx) gb

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

And that's why The Wetlook Forum doesn't allow html postings. Even though its supported, I switched it off from day one ... Graham
In reply to Message (36723.1) Hello Re: A note to all.......important

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net ex Mon 04/08/08 15:33:01 GMT

Sorry to hear that. You will have captured that person's IP address, so you can report that to Nigel and Derek and Graham, who run the 3 major forums, and they can ban that person from accessing their forums in future.

FYI, this has been a constant problem for webmaster Iain who runs the ECGUNGE wet and messy forum too. His forum has been hacked and defaced at least 3 times in the past. BTW...while on the subject of how easy it is for a hacker to hack and deface your forum.....a note for Nigel, Graham and Derek....

...we just launched a new forum on our server last month for underwater fans.....using the latest version of phpbb3 software (same as graham uses...but a later version)....here is the new forum....

http://www.aquafans.org/

When I tried to imbed html code in my test postings on the forum....I found that the html code would not recognize...and after discussing this with my developer....he gave me this answer..."you cannot use html code with phpbb3....they do not support html code any more....they only support bb code". When I asked "why is html not supported" on the forum....my developer quote me this response from a forum software developers forum....

> -- QUOTE --

> HTML is not usable on phpbb3. HTML is a huge security hole and while it

> was allowed to be turned on in phpbb2, it was never meant to be such a

> widely used method of opening your forum up to being hacked.

>

> To build a more secure forum phpbb developed phpbb3 to only use BBCode.

> Yes, we know that there are mods that will turn the html on but the

> admins have already said that poking a security hole back into the

> software would be irresponsible and will not be done.

>

> This has been discussed a long time before the upgrade that there would

> not be html used at all on phpbb3. HTML on your phpbb2 forum will not be

> usable and will just show the code after you upgrade.

> -- END QUOTE --

So....it seems that any forum that allows html code is very succeptible to hacking and can be defaced.

I am sure Derek and Nigel, who allow html on their forums, are aware of the risks and have their own controls. I am merely stating that this is the climate we live in today....i.e. it is too risky to allow html code on forums, cos then you are prone to hacking...and Iain's ECGUNGE forum has been hacked and destroyed 3 times already.

It is safer to use BB code only.....and thats what my developer has told me.

MK

In reply to Message (36723) Read This A note to all.......important

By waterloggedproductions/Liquidladies - weinerking@bellsouth.net us Mon 04/08/08 14:38:04 GMT

Appearently after investigating the matter,  we found that the deliberate sabotage has come from a person inside this forum...  That is truely ashame that this person would take the time to take away the pleasures of a paying client and disrupt their viewing and put their own PC at risk for something.

I truely appologise to all effected but this act of childishness but Gregg Dan and I are working to get it cleared up.

Some of you may have lost passcodes in this, but we have written records, so if this has effected you in loss of time, let me know and it will be credited....

Again  let me say...All those seeing what happened have only to blame one of the people on this forum  and I will handle it

professionally and personally deal with this person....Your IP will be notified....They may not realize, but paper trails are easily left on  computers....

If I can do anything to those paying members or viewers just passing by, please write me and let me know to make things better,'

Regards:   

Staff @ waterloggedproductions....(WK, Big G  and the rest..)

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.031 seconds to generate ]