Wetlook-Online

Message # 36589.4

Subject: Hello Re: A suggestion to a wetlook producer

Date: Sat 26/07/08 14:34:20 GMT

Name: MK ex

Email: wamtec@comcast.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Good points and an interesting discussion. FYI, there used to be a whole series of wetlook videos made like that, back in the late 1980's...i.e. does anybody still remember the LLAPH custom wetlook videos made in 1988 in the USA....cos those videos used to show very long and protracted scenes of the girl getting dressed and then getting wet etc. The problem with today is, times have changed, a now we live in a technology driven era of 5-10 minute scenes only, because the way that wetlook videos like LLAPH series were made in the 1980's.....could never be sold today. That is....when wetlook videos first started to be made in the USA in the late 1980's, every video was basically one great long scene, with one girl only, and lasting for 60-90 minutes on VHS tape....and the price they used to charge was a wopping $80 for that tape....and...because there was no competition, those tapes used to sell very well too. But today, no producer wants to make a 1 girl, 1 scene tape...cos nobody would buy it (except for the sponsor who commissioned it). In the 1980's a producer could make a 1girl/1hr tape that could sell for $80, but these days there is loads of competition (over 150 wetlook producers -- see for yourself at www.wamlinks.com), and we live in the age of the iPod and iPhone and fast technology....and nobody wants to watch a 1hr custom wetlook video with one girl anymore. The consumers  and the competition (and technology) drive the direction of the wetlook market. So now what most people want is a "quick fix" via a 5-10 minute download scene....cos even though VHS died and so Producers moved to DVDs...and now the DVD market is practically dead these days too, cos most people prefer a quick download via an online clip instead.

Producers have a really difficult time, just to cover their budgets these days. As I mentioned, in the late 80's and early 90's, consumers would buy a VHS tape with only 1 long wet scene with 1 girl...for $80, and now today Producers are placing 12-15 scenes featuring a dozen girls on 1 DVD....and pricing it as low as $30, and even then the consumers will not buy DVDs in enough quanties to cover the model fees and production expenses. So, as you say...the customer is always right....and the vast majority of customers have spoken and driven the current direction that producers have to take...i.e. consumers will not buy long protracted scenes and they are no longer interested in tapes or DVDs....and what most consumers want is online clips, and so that is the direction most producers have gone in. The producers are not complaining....they just follow the trends that the consumers want, and follow the latest technlogy trends too, and they do their best to survive.

The scenario you outline, is something that any wetlook producer could easily do (and I might add....I can point to many scenes I have done like that in the last 15 years...and I am sure that Graham and Marjorie and other producers can also show you examples of scenes they have done like that too....so this is not a new concept, it has been done lots of time before......I remember my German friend Ralf in 1994...who used to send me his home video wet scenes, and many of them were like that too). The slight problem is....what you describe is just one scene....and thats not a concept for a website....cos you can't base a website upon doing the same thing for 52 weeks every year.

The concept you describe, is a great script for a "custom video" -- and those used to be very prevalent in the 1980's and 90's, and Producers like me would often receive scripts from people who would sponsor the costs for the models, and then we would shoot their scripts for them exactly as they wanted them to be, and using their clothing choices too. In many cases, I would often receive big boxes of clothings in the mail....sent to me by custom video sponsors...who wanted me to dress our girls in their clothings and shoot their scripts etc...and I did that for several years (from 1992 to 1999).

The custom video market for wetlook scenes was viable to do in the 1990's....cos the sponsor would cover the costs for all the clothings plus the model fees etc....but then the custom video market was basically killed off....by one major website entity called "Southern Charms".....cos once the Southern Charms network of 1000+ models was created, they were offering to do custom videos for only $150.....and so all our custom sponsors no longer supported us, cos it was a lot cheaper for them to go direct to a Southern Charms model...who would shoot their scene for $150....than to sponsor our models....cos we can't do any production for less than $500. As the famous Cindy Crawford quote goes "I don't get out of bed for less than $50,000".....well....our models do not get out of be for less than a $500 modelling project....so we can't compete with Southern Charms models offering to do custom scripts for $150......so Southern Charms models are probably the best people to do your script.....cos it is not viable for most wetlook producers to do it.

But you are absolutely right.....the customer is right...and the customer (and technology) drive what the producers do these days.

But I think there is a big difference between the word "customer" and "customers"......i.e. if one person wants things to be done in certain way....that may not be viable for producers to do that for the mass market.....so that is basically a "custom video request"...that needs some sort of sponsorship to be made in order to cover production costs. In order for something to viable for any producer to do it, they need to see a show of hands and HUNDREDS of customers all asking for that same thing....and trust me....if there were hundreds of people all asking to see wetlook done a certain way....you will see at least half a dozen producers shooting those kinds of scenes very soon thereafter.

For example.....I see a lot of people on this forum recently are expressing interest in media depicting girls riding horses into water.....now...I do not have any horses, so I can't do that....but I am sure somebody who lives on a farm who has horses could create an interesting site based on that theme.

Thats the problem with scenarios like the one you outline....it is too easy for any of 100 wetlook producers to do that. Anybody who buys the cheapest camcorder from Kmart for $250...and has a girlfriend....can do that....so it is not something that most producers would want to do...cos as soon as they did it... and they get good feedback....then 10 other producers will start doing the same thing....and kill the original producers ability to cover his expenses.

Producers that simply copy what others have done...don't last long. Most producers are trying hard to find their own "niche"...and to do something that no other producer can easily copy. A great example of that being Leon and his Streetsplash events and public events......Leon does that...because he knows that no other producer is as daring and he and his girls are.....thats the thrill-factor he injects in all his videos.....he does stuff and manages to get away with doing things that no other producer has the "Cojones" to do (if you watch Gordon Ramsey...you will know what that word means...cos he uses it a lot).

Every producer looks for a niche or a style or something unique...that cannot easily be copied by 5-6 other producers as soon as he does it.

As I mentioned....the "girls riding horses into water"....would be great concept for a website....cos I bet that none of the current producers have a farm or their own horses or access to rent horses.....so if I had a farm and horses...I would surely do that concept...cos I know it can't easily be copied by other producers, cos they will not be able to get the horses etc.

The analagy that describes how your script can be done....is like the difference between getting a medical operation done by the American healthcare system....or...the UK and Canadian healthcare systems......i.e. you can get it done immediately ...by any of 50 producers...if you are willing to sponsor all the production costs...i.e. $500+......or...you can choose the UK or Canadian system....i.e. it will cost you very little....but you must be prepared to wait a long time until somebody can attend to you......

....fyi...FLaviu and recently launched a site like this....where you can get custom scenes done according to your choices...and you do not have to pay for a custom video....i.e. visit our new site at www.wetlook4u.com and just input what you want done to our voting and feedback pages. We will do those things where lots of people all ask for the same thing....so it is really up to the voters to decide what we do.

MK

In reply to Message (36589) Read This A suggestion to a wetlook producer

By Wet Guy - us Sat 26/07/08 03:59:09 GMT

Hello wetlook producer guys,

Over the past few years I have bought about $500 of paid clips and photos from you guys - Leon, Styx, Minx, Into the Water and assorted others.  In addition, I have purchased from some stocking / lingerie sites with stockings and garters (my thing). Sometimes I have been really satisfied with the purchases and other times disappointed.  But it seems like every venue is doing the same thing over and over again, just with different girls.

So, I know this is a totally personal thing, but I think one of you could make a lot of money with a new type of wetlook genre that I will outline for you.  Again, this is all about my personal preferences which may not fit with your larger audience, but since I have not seen this let me give my ideas and perhaps some of my wetlook friends will agree and some of you guys will think about my ideas as a new way of doing great wetlook.  Here are the "steps" I'd like to see:

- hot chick waking up or coming home from work in a sexy outfit

- thinking ... "I'd love to get wet in a pool, but I will need to change first"

- in her bedroom, opens the drawers to very nice undies / stockings / lingerie and starts to think about what would really turn her on

- picks out a really cute bra, panties, garter / stockings and then dress or pants/top (would prefer sheer outer clothing to show thier underware)

- very sensually puts on the chosen outfit

- gets slowly wet in the pool and feels that great sensation

- goes in and out regularly to show the underware against their wet curves

- then goes to a shower

- starts taking off the outer ware to show their sheer and very sexy underware

- strip down totally to show where they started from

Just my thing ... but as I see these beutiful models - from Vera, to Tori, to Dianna, to Emma, to Lisa, to Charlotte to Sammi (and many, many more of these very beautiful models doing wetlook that I have purchased videos of in the past) this is the type of wetlook I would love to see and would buy consistently:

Guys, do I have any support for this type of genre?

Thanks for your response ...

Wet Guy

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.077 seconds to generate ]