WetlookPro

Message # 35873.1.1.1.2.2

Subject: Hello Re: Other TV wetlook commercials

Date: Wed 28/05/08 13:34:47 GMT

Name: soak_ed de

Email: soak_ed@hotmail.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Jordache had two wetlook commercials for their jeans, one with a girl in a pool, coming up the ladder revealing her wet jeans and the other a couple on the edge of the water on a beach with small waves washing over them in their jeans.  Both pretty nice.  Early 80s is my recollection.  Of course prior to that was the Playtex seamless bra that had the girl extolling the virtues of the bra, then diving into the pool with underwater footage and then she came up and sat on the edge of the pool while a handsome stud toweled her off and she said how nice her seamless bra was, it didn't show seams even when she was wet!
In reply to Message (35873.1.1.1.2) Hello Re: Other TV wetlook commercials

By wetinwisc - cheesehead1965@hotmail.com us Wed 28/05/08 11:50:50 GMT

I happen to remember that Mountain Dew had their "Dew it to me" slogan in the early 80s.  Those commercials might have only run on local TV in Milwaukee then.

I do remember a jeans commercial that aired around 1979-80, where a woman with cornrowed hair (this commercial came out right after Bo Derek's 10 movie) came out of a pool wearing jeans, but I can't remember the brand.

I do remember those Slice commercials from the summer of 1985.  I also remember a 7-Up commercial that aired in 1986 with the slogan "feels so good coming down" where this couple goes running in the rain after drinking a 7-Up.  Around that time Pepsi was considering buying 7-Up, and both Mountain Dew and Slice are Pepsi products.  So I guess for wetlookers, Pepsi beats Coke.

Any SNL parody with Julia Louis-Dreyfuss would have had to have aired between 1982 and 1984, because that's when she was on the show.  After she left the show, she didn't come back to host until a few years back.  She was the first former female cast member to come back as a host.

In reply to Message (35873.1.1.1) Hello Re: Other TV wetlook commercials

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net us Tue 27/05/08 19:27:33 GMT

Some notes fyi, based on what I have in my collection.

1) I have about 7-10 of those Nestea commercials on various tapes (girls falling backwards into the pool etc)...they did many of those.

2) I am not aware of any Mountain Dew wetlook commercials from the 1980's that had great wetlook. Are you sure you to not mean the "Shasta" commercials and the "Diet Slice" commercials of the 1980's. I have the Shasta wetlook commercial and also the Diet Slice commercial was easily the best (girls dancing thru curtains of water). I have at least 2 of those....one featuring dancers, and another featured (as I recall) 3 girls in dresses....I think it was The Pointer Sisters...I will have to check my old tapes to refresh my memory.

3) I do not have the Calvin Klein  wetlook commercial you mention...but I have 2-3 different commercials from German television that are exactly the same as that. Of course...you cannot mention Calvin Klein commercials without referencing the awesome parody scene Julia Louis-Dreyfuss did on Saturday Night Live in 1988....cos that was an awesome pie scene where they copied the original Calvin Klein ad done by Brooke Shields ("nothing comes between me and my Calvins"), but instead they plastered Julia Louis Dreyfuss with a big cream pie to the face...that was a classic scene.

MK

In reply to Message (35873.1.1) Question Re: Other TV wetlook commercials

By John - us Tue 27/05/08 18:30:30 GMT

Does anyone have the Calvin Klein commercial which starts with a closeup of a gal's face in the pool, and pans back as she stands up to reveal that she's in the pool in her blue jeans?    It ran sometime around 1979 so I'm sure it's hard to find.
In reply to Message (35873.1) Hello Other TV wetlook commercials

By wetinwisc - cheesehead1965@hotmail.com us Tue 27/05/08 16:19:31 GMT

Some other TV commercials I'd like to see that have wetlook are those Nestea plunge commercials from the 70s, and those Mountain Dew commercials that ran every summer in the early 80s.  My favorite one ran in the summer of 1983, and featured a woman dressed in sneakers, nylon shorts with stripes, and a tank top.  She grabbed a frisbee and was running towards a stream, and someone was running after her.  Just as she got to the stream, she threw the frisbee back at the guy, then jumped over this cliff into the stream.
In reply to Message (35873) Hello Where is Fanta Commercial

By LarryNopal - us Tue 27/05/08 15:30:20 GMT

does anyone know where I can find that Fanta soda commercial with the girl in dunk tank; it's at a carnival or something.  Kind of a silly ad

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.004 seconds to generate ]