minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Sat 20/04/24 02:30:23 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

WetlookPro

Message # 3511.1.1.3.1

Subject: Hello ...that sounds like an excellent idea..

Date: Sun 04/05/03 02:02:48 GMT

Name: MK us

Email: wamtec@compuserve.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

That sounds like a terrific idea....cos I often feel the same way that Jim and Kevin do too...i.e. streaming video clips are a lot of work to create, and costly to host, and while hundreds of people download them...we are lucky to get 2 people to acknowledge anything we post..and the ratio of folks who actual support our products is around 0.5% of folks who download stuff, so I often wonder whether it is worth all that trouble of hiring models and expensive locations and all the costs involved with pre-production, production and post production expenses.

Most producers I know feel the same way I do...i.e. we are more than happy to give away as many free samples of our stuff as is feasible to do so.....but with the high costs of bandwidth, and 99.5% of the traffic not supporting what we do, we would obviously like to target more of the free stuff and benefits to be directed to those who actually DO support our products at least once a year.

Of course, one could easily establish a pay site for video streams...and for some producers this is something that works well for them...cos they have the time and expertise to do it. In my case, I don't have the time nor the interest to set up a paysite, cos I have too many other projects and websites to run and no time to administer a paysite as well...so I still prefer to give away my videostreams for free....but would prefer that the audience I give them too were a little more targetted...i.e. that they are serious afficionados of the genre who at least support 1 of the top 20 wetlook producers.

I am not asking nor expecting folks to support my site....so long as they are supporters of ANY 1 of the top 20 wet producers that use this forum...thats good enough for me...i.e. some indication that they are serious supporters of the genre and customers of at least 1 of the major producers is fine by me.

So...to that end....I would support some kind of "wetlook passport" idea....i.e. if several of the major wetlook producers want to join together and support some kind of passport idea...that would be fine by me. I.E. if somebody is a STYX or WETLOOK UNLIMITED customer, hen they would be able to use a general passport/password that enables them to view my streams I will create on WAMTEC...thats fine with me...cos I would rather be playing my streams to an audience of serious supporters, than merely to the 99.5% of the non-supporters who don't support the wet producers at all.

As you know, I tried (earlier this year) to set up a system to control my bandwidth costs for downloading my video streams...and my "puzzles" were enjoyed by all my customers and regular supports (i.e. the grateful 2%) but they condemned and berated by the other 98% of freeloaders who found them to be irritating and preventing them from getting the freebies they wanted. So..I pulled the plug on that entire program...cos I got tired of the hate mail I was getting. But...the issue remains the same...I prefer to cater to an audience that appreciates what I do..and who will occassionally support my site...as opposed to those who just want free stuff all the time and don't support anybody (another example...I created and posted 900 free vidcaps from my Thailand videos last week...and only 5 people acknowledged them, and while over 2000 people on this forum and UMD downloaded them...only 3 people have ordered a tape....and so it is unliked that we will be able to go back to Thailand again next year and shoot more stuff..when the support for what we do is so little).

I am not quite sure how the system Kevin suggests could be administered...but I am willing to support anything that is SIMPLE and does not cause me extra admin work. I am not a technical guru like Kev, Graham and Nigel are...so I would not bother to set up a password system to reach my streams. I would simply create the streams and not dilvuge the filenames or precise URL location on my server...and then if the wet producers set up an Egroups bulk mailing list or something...then the producers can just email each other with our respective passwords or hidden file names every month or so...and so whenever somebody wants to see one of my new streams...if they are not wamtec supporter, but a styx supporter...they can get that file name from styx...via the group emails the wetlook producers can update each other with.

Whatever....the simpler the system is...the better. I will support whatever the other wetlook producers want to do in this regard. The wet fans should understand one thing though...i.e. these are free streams to them...and they are not paying for a paysite...so producers are under no obligation at all to update or change the streams every week. The streams will be put up entirely at the timing and discretion of each producer. I think I can manage to put up at least 3-4 new streams per month...but I don't want to be obligated to it, cos we all have many other things to do as well.

MK

In reply to Message (3511.1.1.3) Info Know how you feel

By kev - kev.styx@ntlworld.com gb Sat 03/05/03 23:46:29 GMT

During last year, over 300Gb of bandwidth was used on the freesite for downloading MPEG's and Quicktime Movies. It cost a fortune!

I got a response from less than 1 in 1000 visitors. Plus less than 1 in 20 actually bought anything- means 95% of people are just freeloading.

Have stopped putting up MPEG's for now.

Planning to introduce password protection on future free mpegs. A password will be made available who anyone who is active in the community or supports one of the wetlook producers (any of them not just Styx).

Provided other web masters and producers support this move, then we're prepared to reciprocate if they wish to implement something similar. Basically a producer will be given a batch of passwords that he can distribute to his (or her) supporters, which will allow them to download free material from Styx.

The idea is that instead of thousands of people taking up resources, hundreds of serious wetlook fans will be able to get better and bigger freebies- at the moment the distribution of free material is indiscriminate.

We would be willing to co-operate with any other webmaster/producers wishing to introduce a similar scheme on their sites.

In reply to Message (3511.1.1) Unfazed I don't know if I should, only 2 people bothered saying Thanks last time...

By Jim - jim121272@aol.com us Sat 03/05/03 22:56:21 GMT

...yet pay-sites that throw 1 or 2 free pics at you, generate tons of replies. How are 2 pictures superior to a 1-minute MPEG?

Jim

In reply to Message (3511.1) Great GREAT! Please make a MPG preview :)

By Asyk - de Sat 03/05/03 18:24:52 GMT

In reply to Message (3511) Video Wetlook Unlimited Volume 12

By Jim - jim121272@aol.com us Sat 03/05/03 05:17:10 GMT

A new 6-girl video is out, and includes a 2-girl scene with Melissa and Margaret! It's available on DVD, VHS-NTSC, and Video CD, and will be on sale until May 17.

www.wetlookunlimited.com/videos/vol12.html

Jim

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.011 seconds to generate ]