Wetlook-Online

Message # 34991.1.1

Subject: Talking Re: dyngus day

Date: Mon 31/03/08 14:49:18 GMT

Name: soak_ed de

Email: soak_ed@hotmail.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
You certainly have a fine idea there Mark.  The one problem is the weather in Poland is not real conducive to a large organized event of that nature.  THis year I was in Poland on Dyngus day and it was about 3 degrees Celsius, (about 37 F) and that is one of the warmer parts of Poland.  In spite of the chill I did see a few ladies get doused with water but I imagine the cool air put a damper on any serious wet activity.  Even if Easter comes later in the spring it is no guarantee the weather will be even moderately warm.  Most of Poland is at 50 degrees North latitude or more, not exactly the tropics.  The little coverage I saw on TV was scant at best as you also experienced.  Well, maybe next year.
In reply to Message (34991.1) Hello Re: dyngus day

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net us Mon 31/03/08 14:09:59 GMT

It happened last monday (dyngus day is always Easter Monday), and I set my vcr to record the Polish tv channels on my dish system but they only showed about 10 seconds of water throwing clips on the tv news reports, and nothing of any substanc worth saving.

I was hoping the wet fans in Poland would be able to record better scenes from their Polish tv channels, cos we only get 2 Polish channels in my region in Florida.

The problem with Dyngus Day celebrations are that they are totally de-centralized, and disorganized. By that I mean, with the water throwing festivals in Spain, China, Burma, Cambodia, Panama, Ecuador and Thailand -- those are all "centralized" and "organized" ..i.e. you know exactly where to go to see stuff happening, cos those events are specifically organized to occur in centralized locations...so you know where to go to capture things. With the water throwing festivals in Poland and Hungary, those are completely "random" events that can happen spontaneously in any part of the city or rural areas, so you have no chance to see events, unless you happen to be lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

If the local authorities in Poland were smart, they could generate millions in tourist dollars, if they just created a centralized location for these celebrations...e.g. like a county fairground or something. This is what they have done in Spain and Korea and Thailand and Panama -- they have turned sleepy little towns that had no tourist industry at all....into megabucks tourist attractions that get 100,000 visitors each year, by exploiting their festivals so that many foreign tourists come to see them.

MK

In reply to Message (34991) Hello dyngus

By uwe - de Mon 31/03/08 12:42:29 GMT

A nice dyngus-day link I found:

http://wiadomosci.gazeta.pl/wiadomosci/51,53600,4046488.html?i=0 Thumbs Up

How about this years pics????

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.021 seconds to generate ]