Wetlook-Online

Message # 34582.1.1.1.1

Subject: Idea Re: higher oil prices could hurt Liquidladies

Date: Fri 07/03/08 20:28:55 GMT

Name: mytwocents uu

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
WK -- perhaps you could open some of the shoots to a few hearty souls willing to help fund the gals gas and wardrobe bills.  I'm sure you could find a few folks willing to pay $20 - $50 to watch a bunch of pretty gals play in the pool fully clothed all day.  Or, at least I know one person that would.  :-)
In reply to Message (34582.1.1.1) Hello Re: higher oil prices could hurt Liquidladies

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net us Fri 07/03/08 13:26:51 GMT

Yeah...I know about that.....but that offer is a load of baloney....cos you can ONLY use that stamp for posting a first class letter ONLY...and nothing else. You cannot use those stamps to send a package with a DVD in it....i.e. they will not let you use several of those stamps together at the same time...to put them on a package to mail a package. The Post Office may be backward in the  way they run their business, but they are not completely stupid....they still have a few braincells left.

When I stand in line at the post office, watching their counter staff work....it is like watching paint dry...or watching the grass grow....ha ha...and I can't help thinking of that old joke "what do you call a postal worker with half a brain ......LUCKY !!!".....ha ha

In reply to Message (34582.1.1) Hello Re: higher oil prices could hurt Liquidladies

By Waterspaniel - us Thu 06/03/08 20:53:38 GMT

As a quick aside, when you buy postage stamps, ask for the Forever Stamp. That stays good no matter what the future price of stamps.
In reply to Message (34582.1) Hello Re: higher oil prices could hurt Liquidladies

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net us Thu 06/03/08 17:31:10 GMT

Hi WK

Love that line "people won't use pubic transportation" ....

...gee...if there was such a thing as "pubic transportation" ....just make a website showing that, and you will get a lot of subscribers....ha ha

Seriously though....as the world evolves, technologies evolve and as economies change, and rising inflation happens......it will not cause any of us to stop doing what we are doing. It just means that we have to evolve too... and change our methods of making media.

For example, apart from oil, look at the rising cost of postage stamps over the last 16 years. When I first starting making in videos in Florida in 1992, the price of a postage stamp was 19 cents for a letter, or $2 to mail a tape via Priority Mail (and gasoline was 89 cents per gallon)....and in the last 15 years the Post Office have raised their prices 10 times (and they are going up again in the next 2 months too)...and now it will cost 43 cents to mail a letter and $6 to mail a priority mail package etc (and gasoline is now $3.50 per gallon).   So basically postage stamps and oil prices have risen by 300% in the last 15 years. In the early 90's.. you could cover the costs for your video projects, cos there were only 3-4 wetlook producers, and so people were willing to pay $60 for a tape. These days there are over 300 wet and messy producers, and Youtube and Webshots and numerous other source of free media for the fans, so it is very hard to cover costs on most projects these days.

But times change...and we must change too. But here is an interesting fact for you......the people who raise prices on us.....do not win.....they end up being the losers. For example, back in the 1990s I was spending approx $15,000 per year on shipping and postage costs to send out my media to my customers, but as the Post Office kept raising and raising prices on me....they did not get more income (certainly not from me)....cos then some other evolution happened, and new technlogies emerged, and the VHS tape and DVD market dried up, as it became more and more feasible to offer our media to customers via ONLINE downloads instead. So last year, I only actually spent $3000 on shipping costs....cos now there is very little need for the Post Office any more...cos 90% of my media is now delivered to people "online" instead of by mail.

So...thats a lesson for the oil companies to learn....be careful not to keep sticking it to the consumer, cos otherwise new technologies will emerge in future and cause people to use OTHER means and they will change they way they do business.

The Post Office are the big losers now...cos they raised rates so much over the last few years....that people gladly embraced the new "online" methods to get their media instead. The post office raised rates by 300% over the last decade.....but all they succeeded in doing....was to lose 80% of my business now.

Don't forget....you can change your methods too.....if your models do not like to pay high gas prices to travel to your location.....no sweat.....get them a webcam...and get them to do their own webcam shows from their own home, and feed those webcam links into your site.

regards

MK

In reply to Message (34582) Info higher oil prices could hurt Liquidladies

By waterloggedproductions/Liquidladies - liquidladies@bellsouth.net us Thu 06/03/08 14:56:45 GMT

Here in the states we suffer what the worlds suffer from oil prices..I  know  the UK pays  7-8 $$ per gallon,   but  the UK  is  1/8th  the size of the USA  and  like  most countries  modernized a public transportation system with Trains and such...NOT   the USA....Everyone wanted their own private car...The government said who cares about train systems....Hell the US Lawyers would have a field day sueing them anyhow..You  know the USA has more lawyers per capita than any other country///You can't turn the damn TV on without  a lawyer saying SUE SUE SUE....Hire me hire me...

We have 1 lawyer per less than 10 people I believe here...  Totall ruined this country whewn they were allowed to advertise on TV...

But to my point...Higher fuel prices here means  many of my models living  40 miles away or more  are just not going to work for $35 per shoot or $70 per (2)shoots....They say it cost them too much in petrol to come here....My asst.  Crystal hauls them up here and now charges them for gass money from their pay!

It is totally NUTS!...   Because this country is so vast, people won't use pubic transportation or it is not yet deloped, we are hurting and this takes it toll on Waterlogged productions and I am sure other Wetlook businesses in the States.

If these model and new ones complain they want morer money because gas has gone to $4 or more a gallon,  I either pay it or  close down due to now models.

They  have us by the balls...(any suggestions)   I pay them and in return we all know what that means to the consumer..

shit never runs up hill, but down......So higher fuel prices can mean  less shoots and models or price increases this summer.

either way it is terrible for us and U,  thanks  to our great leaders of greed in this country...(WK)

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.028 seconds to generate ]