WetlookPro

Message # 33605.2.1.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: The Guide To Dyngus Warsaw

Date: Thu 10/01/08 00:00:50 GMT

Name: ricoh gb

Email: sibryan_68@hotmail.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Thanks for the advice.  The low rate of crime and cheaper housing is something that attracts me to Poland.  There are Polish language courses in England as we have a lot of Polish residents now and it is useful to be able to converse with them.  I'm not making a trip just for Dyngus but thought it apt to combine it with a general fact finding trip.  Incidentally, I have a couple of clips from I think Wetinred which are Polish news items on Dyngus and both include a female reporter getting totally soaked.  Channel was PolSat.  Is this a regular occurrence?  One was particularly attractive.
In reply to Message (33605.2.1.1) Info The Guide To Dyngus Warsaw

By Mahony - pl Wed 09/01/08 19:14:49 GMT

As for the internet situation, it may change. I think it's restricted for marketing reasons. They just think people like the "friends only" ideas.

As for Dyngus day, well I'm based in a suberb of Warsaw myself and to make decent photos and many of them I have the following suggestions:

-> If you want lots of photos and have a water proof camera, go to the large districts of apartment buildings like Ursynów, Bemowo, Tarchomin etc. It's not really hard to see where they are just going through town. Don't be put of by the less then welcoming image of some. Poland, even Warsaw is still much safer then most of Western Europe, violent crime is very rare and the risk of theft is also minimal. Well, at least if you are white (that's the sad part). So anyway, don't be afraid of these monster apartment blocks, they are not like the poor emigrant superbs of say Paris which may look the same at first site.

-> Some time ago if you wanted nice photos (in nice scenery) it was a good idea to go to the Old Town. But as Dynguses got colder lately (or for other reasons) the police started bothering all dyngusers there and generally the action dided down.

-> Streets nearby churches after masses are a good idea. Getting wet on the way from church has always been something of a tradition. And the girls are quite nicely dressed on such occasions, or maybe I should say were. At the moment it's hard to observe in say Warsaw, you would have to go to small towns a villages. In the Warsaw area I found only one place with nicer dressed girls (lots of skirts etc) and that was near the churches in Raszyn and nearby Rybie, which out of all suberbs have retained most of a "village character". Other places, say Piaseczno, Piastów, Marki, &#321;omianki etc. are now virtually a part of Warsaw, just the administrative borders seperate them.

Any more info you need? Please ask specific questions, as I have no more ideas what to write. I almost gave up on Dyngus. This mat change if it's hot this year, but the photos where nothing compared to those from the summer (fountains, beaches etc), especially that we had lots of heat waves lately (though 2007 was the first exception in many years). Last Dyngus I even ended up in Greece, using the holiday season to do some off-season exploring there... as Dyngus lost much of it's charm.

Mike.

In reply to Message (33605.2.1) Hello Re: Oh and about the language... and "secrecy"

By ricoh - sibryan_68@hotmail.com gb Wed 09/01/08 16:40:29 GMT

Interesting!  I am thinking of emigrating to Poland next year and plan a trip at Easter time to check on a few things.  Didn't know about the restrictive internet situation so thank you.  As an aside I am obviously going at Easter to coincide with Dyngus Day and have a waterproof shockproof camera.  Can you recommend anywhere particular that I will get some good shots?  I will be based just outside Warsaw but will have a hire car so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

In reply to Message (33605.2) Sad Oh and about the language... and "secrecy"

By Mahony - pl Wed 09/01/08 08:53:26 GMT

that's IMHO not the worst problem. The worst problem is long registration proceses and payment by SMS from Polish phones (as it is on dating sites) or the friends only secrecy of our biggest online community Grono.net. I mean these are full of wetlook photos, but whast use would it be to post links here if there is no way you could see them? And that's despite the fact that for instance Grono has 6 language options. You can view it in English, German, French, Italian and Spanish. But what's the use if you can't get inside without a personal email invitatation?

This secrecy is I think something of a regional thing. You have it also in Lithuania for example. Last summer the community portal one.lt had great wetlook photos. But noone could see them as to join you needed a valid LT mobile phone to read the SMS with the activation code... I don't see this in other countries. I mean ruffly anyone can join facebook, but polish grono is restricted..

Mike.

In reply to Message (33605) Hello To Polish wetlook fans

By uwe - de Wed 09/01/08 08:10:08 GMT

I think that one problem is that most of the polish pages are written in polish language, which makes it difficult to search.

Many dutch sites, for example, are written in english.

One highlight in Poland seems to be Dyngus-Day on easter monday.

Even though I have never been there, the pictures look great (keep in mind that it is usually rather cold at that time of the year).

http://picasaweb.google.com/klasah.staszic/SmigusDyngus2oo5

http://picasaweb.google.com/milusinek/Dyngus

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.136 seconds to generate ]