MyWetloook

Message # 31113.1

Subject: Hello Re: Advice on candid shooting

Date: Sun 26/08/07 13:47:48 GMT

Name: wetinwisc us

Email: cheesehead1965@hotmail.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
I think this is good advice, but what about those guys here who have no girlfriend and/or no children?  If they bring another male friend, everyone will think they're a gay couple, even if both of them are straight.  There are still parts of the world where homosexuals are thought to be pedophiles, even though nearly all pedophiles are heterosexual.  I do think that blending in is the best way not to draw attention to yourself.
In reply to Message (31113) Lookout Advice on candid shooting

By ieWet - us Sun 26/08/07 03:56:01 GMT

I have done some successful candid shooting in the past (and gotten accosted a couple of times by people who were less than pleased that I was shooting in their direction.) Remember that (in the US, anyway) you have a perfect legal right to photograph anything or anyone in a public setting - if there is no "reasonable expectation of privacy" the law cannot touch you.

Of course, now we have Jack McClellan, self-proclaimed paedophile who has been stirring the pot in California. I think his goal was to normalize closet urges towards kids, but his ploy backfired in an ugly manner due to all the hysteria the mass media continues to stir up. Although McClellan has never been accused or convicted of actually touching children, the legal system was successful in getting a restraining order against him to make him stay away from kids and ordering him not to take any pictures wihout written parental consent.

While this is good in this particular case (he had maintained a pro-paedophilia site where he posted pictures he had taken, which is kind of sick, and wishes that 3-11 were ages of consent, which is REALLY sick), the frenzy he has caused, and the precedent this legal ruling sets (if it stands constitutional challenges) is inevitably going to cause nanny lawmakers to pass all kinds of laws restricting the rights of photographers in public places. For instance, one California assemblywoman already is working on something she calls the "surrogate stalker law" which makes it a crime to post pictures that benefit other paedophiles. Like many laws, the intent is good, but it opens a very slippery slope. For instance, if one of us is shooting out there, and accidentally takes a pic of someone's kid (hard not to do, with kids present at nearly every wetlook venue), can that person then accuse us of taking their kid's picture for a pedo board and get the cops to come and haul us away or at least confiscate our media? Just like the guy who posted earlier, who had a showdown with some unpleasant woman at the Malibu rock pools, even if the cops don't get involved sometimes citizens take the law (or their interpretation thereof) into their own hands and try to take cameras, tapes, etc. by force. It is getting to be a scary world for candid shooting.

Still, it's possible to get some quality shots or video without a big risk of being harassed. A few things I have learned:

1. Don't go alone, if at all possible. Bringing someone else, especially of the opposite sex, mitigates suspicions. Bring your kids, if you have any. Then, if somebody says something you can just say you were filming your own kids.

2. Don't shoot standing up or in obvious locations. Both times I was approached, I was standing or in a place where it was obvious to everybody there that I was shooting. If you are at a beach, set up a normal beach spot with an umbrella, towel, etc. and blend in. Or, shoot from a distance and use telephoto, though that will impact your image quality, especially on hot days. And don't forget to get wet yourself from time to time! The more people the better  - more wetlook and less chance of being perceived as "special."

3. If with another person, use that person as a fake subject - have him/her stand in the area of your intended subject and then shoot around him/her to capture your subject.

4. Resist the urge to aim the camera in the same direction constantly, unless your fake subject is there. Most beaches have plenty of activity so pan and scan around. Even on crowded beaches it's possible for someone to get an idea of whom you're filming.

That's all I can think of for now. Just blend in and be discreet and you shouldn't have much trouble.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.024 seconds to generate ]