Wetlook-Online

Message # 30113.4.1

Subject: Hello Re: Some thoughts...

Date: Tue 03/07/07 14:19:26 GMT

Name: Anonymous us

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Actually MK, just to respond to your comment - the reporter was wearing a blue dress shirt and black trousers.  He spent a few moments removing his audio equipment and shoes before going in (by your definition, I suppose the shoes coming off kept it from being "fully clothed"), but you see what I mean.

Just by reading the captions and commentary on the YouTubes and Webshots, etc. that I've seen, the captions (if any) often go along the lines of "she/he's so crazy", which to me acknowledges a sort of taboo element to going into the pool fully clothed.  I would even be willing to partially credit media outlets such as Jackass for people filming themselves jumping into a pool fully clothed...while there wasn't a whole lot of hopping into pools on that show, there is as you know a lot of "copycat" feelings amongst younger people today, and I think maybe kids these days think of hopping in as a safer alternative to let their "crazies" out as opposed to say, rolling themselves into a bush in a shopping cart...

Maybe I'm wrong...

In reply to Message (30113.4) Hello Re: Some thoughts...

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net us Tue 03/07/07 12:40:19 GMT

I think the operative word here....is the word "fully"....because I see this term "fully clothed" being used far too loosely these days. It is extremely rare to see "fully clothed" incidents these days. What you are mostly seeing these days ....which is gaining more acceptance....are "partially clothed" scenes. What I am referred to is...most stuff these days....especially at theme parks and fountains ...and 99% of the webshots and youtubes you see pposted on this forum each day...are "partially clothed" scenes.  I would be willing to bet that the reporter you cite in your article was not really "fully clothed" at all...i.e. dressed in a business suit with shoes.....but was actually wearing a t shirt and shorts or casual pants...and no shoes...and thats not "fully clothed". Even all those "trash the dress" wet wedding pics that keep getting cited on this forum...none of those are fully clothed either. I have yet to see one single wet wedding pic or youtube where the bride or bridesmaids were wearing hosiery and shoes...which would be "fully" clothed...they are always barefoot and barelegged....and so it just misses the mark for me...cos without shoes...it cannot be fully clothed.

I think what you are seeing today....is that more and more people are resorting to "partially clothed" scenes....i.e. using t shirts and shorts instead of a swimsuit.....and my theory is....none of this trend has anything to do with wetlook or the public's attitude to wet clothes. For me, it seems to be all about the worldwide trendy for OBESITY...and at least 30 to 40% more people (as a percentage of any country's population)  are obese today...than 25 years ago. Go to any theme park in the USA....it's like going to whale watchers convention...ha ha. People should read the warning labels on their clothing...i.e. if your weight more than 150 pounds, do not wear leggings, unless you have no shame at all...ha ha

You are not seeing more of an acceptance of wetlook in society.....but actually what you are seeing is more of acceptance of OBESITY in society,  and therefore less people wear swimsuits and cover their bodies with a t shirt and shorts, because of obesity (hiding their bodies) or modesty (i.e. muslim countries or places like Israel, The Philippines or Thailand where people will hide their bodies anyway).

I am sure that Arthur Chappell can write a much better essay on all this than I can.

But my feeling is that people's atttitudes towards wet clothing are just totally oblivious....and they have no cognisance at all of the wet clothing or wetlook. Peole just do what they do....due to obesity reasons...or modesty/relgious reasons.....and of course....due to the 3rd magical reason...i.e. alcohol....i.e. people will do anything...when they are drunk...especially at pool parties. Try convincing a sober person that they should go in the pool fully clothed.....unless you have a magical charisma as Leon seems to have....most people cannot do it.

Speaking of which.....Waterspaniel pointed out the wetlook scene that took place on the HBO series BIG LOVE last week...and the scene was  ironically very disappointing. Cos here is a tv series all about a VERY religious sect...where all the girls dress in old fashioned dresses from the 19th century...and you know for a fact that conservative groups like that...would NEVER wear a bathing suit...and the girls would definitely bathe in the river in their dresses....like you see in those pics from Israel all the time. So...you have all these girls in nice dresses in that show...and you know that they would always be conservative and bathe in their dresses in religious groups like this....and so HBO has a wetlook scene in last week's show....and they had a golden chance to shoot a nice wetlook scenes with the religious girls in the water in their dresses.      But was it a GOOD scene.....no...it sucked....cos the first time they have a wetlook scene on that show...the girl is wearing a t shirt and jeans in the pool...and if they had stayed true to the concept of that show...the girl should have been in herr regular religious dress in the pool....like you saw in other scenes from that same show. So...HBO could not even get that right either.

If you take away the modesty factor and the obesity factor...and the alcohol factor ....then you do not have a wetlook factor that is present in today's society...thats my 2 cents.

MK

In reply to Message (30113) Hello Some thoughts...

By Anonymous - us Tue 03/07/07 03:17:32 GMT

I live in Southern California & it has been absolutely roasting!  And in the Northern Hemisphere, this is time of year when people become more desperate to escape the heat...

I was visiting family today & the news was on in the background - a reporter was spending the day going around trying to get people to talk about how hot it was, and he ended his segment at a local pool and hopped off the diving board fully clothed.  Granted, I would have been more interested if it had been a female, but his actions did get me thinking - has swimming fully clothed become more acceptable than ever now?

I've been a lurker in this forum for several years now & I've been fascinated to learn how some of the seasoned verterans here got by before the advent of the internet, DVD's or even before it was possible to tape segments off television with a VCR.  I found this community by chance several years ago just by experimenting with search engines when they were new to me...anyhow, since YouTube videos are so commonplace now, and people willing to record/photograph themselves hopping into a pool or shower with their clothes on, is it safe to say that it's become more acceptable?

I grew up in the 80's, so I can understand how the veterans here had tougher than before the online community sprouted, because it really wasn't something you could discuss openly without arching a few eyebrows.  I remember my first exposure to wetlook was when I was a young boy - my bedroom was on the second story of the house I grew up in, with a great view of the pool next door.  I had a huge crush on the girl who lived there, and there was this day where I overheard a lot of giggling coming from the backyard, so I went to the window and saw her and two of her girlfriends paddling around the pool in an inflatable raft fully clothed.  When they had decided they'd had enough, the two girlfriends climbed out and managed to stay dry, but in doing so, one of the plastic oars fell overboard and sank to the bottom.  I was amazed to see that my crush without hesitation went right on in fully clothed to retrieve it. :)  To this day, that's shaped my preference on how I like to see girls get wet - I love pool wetlook, and would much rather see a girl go in willingly as opposed to getting thrown in.

Anyhow, I just wanted to share, and was curious to know if anyone else thought that wetlook has become more acceptable now than ever?  Amusement parks with water rides are a great example - especially with the weather getting so hot, I think people are more willing to hop on rides knowing they'll find relief...obviously, they're not doing it to turn anyone on, but I can say personally, the desperation to get cooler is part of my fascination with wetlook as well...

What do you think?

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.021 seconds to generate ]