Wetlook-Online

Message # 28604.6

Subject: Unfazed Re: Photo sites, dial-up and image size

Date: Sat 21/04/07 15:39:52 GMT

Name: bryce uu

Email: brycepunk1@earthlink.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Being on dial-up these days, I have just gotten used to not seeing 90% of what this community has to offer. A post by Leon or Tyra can take me 20 minutes to load, so for the most part I just don't bother unless I have something to do (like click on the thread, go wash the dishes, walk the dog, check to see if it's done loading yet.) It's really a bummer.

I hate having to wait ten minutes just to see what the outfit is.

In reply to Message (28604) Question Photo sites, dial-up and image size

By Telcontar - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Fri 20/04/07 10:18:33 GMT

Since MG brought up the issue of dial-up, I thought I'd ask more clearly this time -- are dial-up users happy with photo sites?

The most recent Liquid Ladies photo set, for example, has photos reaching 1 MB per image, which on dial-up would be particularly painful. On average, Liquid Ladies images are about 600 kB each, which would take a little while to get through (something like two minutes!) The thumbnails are too small to substitute as full-size images for dial-up users.

I don't know how other pay sites work, but they all seem to offer large images these days and it must be pretty uncomfortable for dial-up users to get into wetlook at all.

The sites that use Gallery 2, though -- Squishy Shoes and Tub Queens for example -- have thumbnail, medium and (extra) large image sizes all automatically generated. Dial-up users can settle on medium for the most part, and open the large images for those shots that are particularly special (and since some of them are freakin' 8 MP or something -- three times the width of my monitor -- go and have a long soak in the bath in your jeans while the modem sits and thinks about downloading a copy).

Is everyone happy with sites the way they are?

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.022 seconds to generate ]