WetlookPro

Message # 28600.3.1

Subject: Question My sample photos?

Date: Fri 20/04/07 12:07:20 GMT

Name: Telcontar gb

Email: mrnemesis@ntlworld.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

You mean my Liquid Ladies sample images? Or the WetInRed samples?

The trick with JPEG images is setting the lowest possible image quality setting before the image becomes visibly damaged, or even permitting damage if it's only a sample. There's little point using a quality setting where the extra quality isn't even perceptible. I have no software on my PC capable of doing this (I'd have to cart all the files over to the Mac for that) so I've settled on what seems to be a reasonable quality setting. I keep image subsampling on (keeps the file size down) unless the image contains a lot of red, which chroma subsampling tends to destroy.

Two mistakes that many people make, are excessive quality (cameras tend to keep the quality high for safety), and non-Web-safe images: images that contain all manner of rubbish embedded in the image. Photoshop is terrible at bloating images with nonsense data like XML. Make sure that "Save for Web" is ticked when saving any images for the Web, to strip out all extra data.

I went through all the banners Steve had collected for his Links page, and resaved them all from JPEG back to JPEG. I took a huge slice off the size of the files: so many of them were saved with too much quality and probably useless data inside as well. Some were dimensionally too large, and being squashed into a small area on the screen, again, pointless.

Most people just don't have the understanding they need of image compression, or the realisation of how much it matters to dial-up users and their own site traffic! Image optimisation is almost an art form unto itself. Each image type (screenshots, photos, diagrams etc) and image format (JPEG, PNG, GIF, SVG etc) has its own optimisation strategies.

In reply to Message (28600.3) Hello Re: Videos are great but...

By Anonymous - uu Fri 20/04/07 03:59:28 GMT

I hear ya on the dial-up issue.  I am stuck at 24k due to phone repeater boxes.  I live in the country and no cable company will run a cable up here.  So I am waiting for the cable company to come up with a wireless service.  Still over $500 for equipment and about $60/mo I am told.  Same with satellite.

Takes me about 10 minutes to download a 30 second Youtube.  Most aren't very good and I pretty much just ignore them now.  Rapidshare doesn't work at for me.  Video is always black but I get audio - big deal!  ha!

Even some photos are just too big for me to bother with anymore.  Leon's photos take forever to download as well as most of Flavio's.  I don't know what Telcontar does but his sample photos all load quickly for me and they are good sized too.  

I would sure love to see photos cropped more often.  Imagine the bandwidth that could be saved.  I crop photos just to save hard disc space.

Ah, to live where broadband is just a cable connector twist away!

In reply to Message (28600) Talking Videos are great but...

By MG - ca Fri 20/04/07 01:06:41 GMT

More and more posts are of only videos these days. Yes they are awesome! Especially for the folks who can download them. I do not know about others but speaking for myself with a dialup connection most of the videos are out of my realm. Many times only videos are posted, without pics. So it leaves me wondering what the videos were like.Too bad pics were not included more often along with the videos. Hopefully I am not whining too much but it ain't easy being a caveman. Help Me

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.011 seconds to generate ]