MyWetloook

Message # 28319.2.2.2.1.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: tech gossip

Date: Fri 06/04/07 23:24:14 GMT

Name: Telcontar gb

Email: mrnemesis@ntlworld.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

> Tnx. Don't know why I'm here, probably it's because days get longer and sunnier and a bit warmer (although the Rhine was still quite cold today, but hey {shiver}, I didn't care ;-).

Cold water can be fun, as long as you put clothes on all the body parts that can't stand cold. My feet can't -- I'm in pain if I don't put socks on. (I don't think the skin on my feet is very thick, my sister has much thinner, more fragile skin on her feet, the poor sole ..).

> tera'nganbej neH jIH 'ach 'e' vIQIjlaH

I dunno, stories can be nice :)

> BTW, "to berate" is a nice false friend I didn' know before, "beraten" means to advice.

("to advise" ?) So is "accede" -- "To give consent, approval, or adherence; agree; assent; to attain or assume an office, title, or dignity". In French, acceder (accéder?) means "to access". That's why I have that funny WinRAR screenshot "The floppy disk could not be acceded". WinRAR is a French program, and the developer meant "accessed" :) I only learnt this one the other day.

> ... (using wget --limit-rate 10K) and it seems the server cuts the connection after some time ...

Wow, thanks. I only installed wget a few days ago, and forgot about that feature. You are correct: all downloads via dl.php time out after approximately 4 minutes, whereas downloading the file directly works fine. It does seem to be an execution time limit. DreamHost don't want to believe me .. they tried to blame it first on me, as in, hoping no-one else is experiencing it. Now they're trying to blame it on anything else. I'd already told them that I was getting reports from around the world but they think that we're somehow all having the same mysterious problems with our ISPs or whatever, at once?

Now at least, I have something to show them: a consistent cut-off time, and an indication that it's directly related to both transfer speed AND the execution time of dl.php.

Execution time is such an obvious suggestion that I expected them to automatically consider, but clearly their tech staff don't have a clue. That's a down side of Web hosts who offer large space and bandwidth limits for lower prices: their support sucks. I'm curious that you're seeing a varying limit from 80-180 seconds ... sounds like something is busted. I sent them an exact copy of what you wrote (as it was so useful) along with copies of my own wget progress and other findings. Hopefully, they'll finally look into whatever is broken.

Maybe I've also got the message home that this was not a problem until 1st April -- I'd already explained that my code hadn't changed and the site has been running fine before. Suddenly people around the world are experiencing problems.

So thanks, that was most useful.

In reply to Message (28319.2.2.2.1.1) Hello The file for Peter again plus some tech gossip

By Martina - de Fri 06/04/07 16:44:49 GMT

Silly me has posted the delete link here yesterday instead of the download link. Arrgh.

Fuer Peter nochmal ein Downloadlink für den ersten Teil von Loft: http://www.sendspace.com/file/kgrug9

> Welcome back Martina!

Tnx. Don't know why I'm here, probably it's because days get longer and sunnier and a bit warmer (although the Rhine was still quite cold today, but hey {shiver}, I didn't care ;-).

> I thought you were going to berate me for missing the leading ' off "'InglIS" ;-)

tera'nganbej neH jIH 'ach 'e' vIQIjlaH

BTW, "to berate" is a nice false friend I didn' know before, "beraten" means to advice.

>I don't know how to fix this one.

I've tried to download a file from WetInRed again, with a dramatically reduced download rate (using wget --limit-rate 10K) and it seems the server cuts the connection after some time (and not after some megabytes as I thought before). The time each connection survives is not constant, it varies between 80 s and 180 s. However, is there a chance that a server setting such like max_execution_time in php.ini is wrong?

Martina

In reply to Message (28319.2.2.2.1) Hello Re: Translation

By Telcontar - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Fri 06/04/07 06:34:49 GMT

Welcome back Martina!

I thought you were going to berate me for missing the leading ' off "'InglIS" ;-)

I logged into wetinred.com via SSH and investigated a little. The server isn't overloaded, it's very happy. But before long, it amassed 231 zombie php.cgi processes while I was watching (which cannot be killed via kill/killall). With no positive leads from Freenode #dreamhost either, I sent off a support ticket. The support guy simply blamed the zombie processes, the cause of which seemed transient and totally unknown. However, the problem persists now all of those have disappeared (and haven't returned). I've sent him a copy/paste of ps showing the very happy server, but DreamHost don't seem to have a clue (their support staff are pretty useless). (Yes it affects people besides me ... I'm the Webmaster, I'm writing because my users are complaining!)

I'm not overloading the server that I know of, and the problem has come on all by itself without me altering any code on my site. So I'm at a loss. I don't know how to fix this one. I'd have to find out, somehow, what exactly is happening to the dl.php script when it dies.

And I don't mind if you post the clip elsewhere ... may as well, my site's hosed. I think he was asking for the rest of the clips from The Loft, which I showed him. But he needs to join for those and, right now, I have no idea what to do about membership since hardly anyone seems interested in joining and I have no idea what a fair rate is for, say, 2-month memberships.

In reply to Message (28319.2.2.2) Wink Smile Re: Translation

By Martina - de Thu 05/04/07 20:56:14 GMT

I've tried to download it and had difficulties, too. After a random number of megabytes, the server stalls, then the connection is closed. Web browsers (I'm currently using FF) seem to store that first part without an error message in that case. The breaks happened with all the longer clips I tried from Wetinred's freebies section.

I finally used wget which is able to resume such downloads.

Peter, hier ist ein Link zum Download fuer dich: http://www.sendspace.com/delete/unkhzw/8tldt

Telcontar, I know it's not my clip and I'll immediately remove it if you want.

Martina

In reply to Message (28319.2.2) Note Translation

By Martijn - nl Thu 05/04/07 18:53:01 GMT

Peter tries to ask:

The Loft: French version of Big Brother - Part 1 of 3

Has anybody got that?

Can anybody put it online???

In reply to Message (28319.2) Hello Re: WetInRed April freebies

By Peter - uu Wed 04/04/07 15:20:34 GMT

The Loft: French version of Big Brother - Part 1 of 3

hat das jemand?

mal online stellen???

In reply to Message (28319) Film/AVI WetInRed April freebies

By Telcontar - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Mon 02/04/07 04:19:49 GMT

WetInRed April freebies are up.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.036 seconds to generate ]