Wetlook-Online

Message # 28097.2.1

Subject: Hello Re: WetInRed site future

Date: Thu 22/03/07 00:32:07 GMT

Name: Anonymous uu

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

The only way I could see wambank take over is give all the current lifetime member 50 credits a month.  In his site it said he would leave it in capable hands.  I can see how you could run out of clips and keep it open.  But if you close it and give away the clips to wambank and give nothing for the current members I dont think they would think they would be happy at all.
In reply to Message (28097.2) Note Re: WetInRed site future

By tard-o - uu Wed 21/03/07 12:20:20 GMT

This is really something to be decided by you and your members, but here are a few suggestions:

1) Upload the clips to wambank.  Perhaps the wambank manager will oblige your members with some kind of limited membership.  Or, the way they have it set up now, if you upload a clip each one of your 'friends' gets a credit to watch that clip... so make all your members your 'friends' and then upload the lot of 500 or so clips.

2) Simply cancel the old memberships and refund any owed money.  Also stop taking new memberships.  Then shut the site down.

3) Find someone (that you trust) to run the site for you and return to buisness as usual.  Any random swingin richard you meet on the forums would probably not qualify as 'trustworthy'.  Realize they will need to know how to collect money and issue passwords, etc.

I know it sucks when a producer decides to pull the plug on a site... as Brian from Crazy Girls did just recently.  They are always missed.  Obviously Steve's situation was a little different.  However, it sucks even worse when their site is passed on to someone who doesn't give a flip about WAM, like when Rob Blaine died.  The people who run Messy Fun now don't have a clue what WAM is, and they don't produce anything new or worthwile.  It is really lame and it would be better if they just shut the site down.  That is just my opinion.

I am sure that the people who do decide to pull the plug are not as concerned about copyright issues anymore, so I don't see any harm in freely sharing their material.  Kinda like when you abandon your car on the freeway... you don't want it so let someone else have it.  I'm sure I will find some dissenting opinions on that, though!

In reply to Message (28097) Info WetInRed site future

By Telcontar - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Wed 21/03/07 01:46:15 GMT

After Steve died, WetGod (of REG Productions) travelled to Arizona to collect all his files and CDs relating to the sites he worked on. He returned with Steve's external hard disc containing something like a year's supply of clips for the WetInRed site (something like 500, but every one still needs to be individually reviewed as not all are suitable or worthwhile).

The hosting is paid for also for another year.

But after that year, what next? JH in France has sent me three more clips, two of which I posted earlier in the month. But so far, those three clips were the only new clips since Steve's death, and without any major contributors, we're simply going to run out of clips in a year. I'm not a video person at all (especially not with a PII PC) nor do I watch much TV. WetGod is a video person but is just too busy to work on Steve's site (not that I really have much time for it either).

So is it right to accept more lifetime memberships? It seems not. It seems like the site is pretty much at its end.

WeinerKing suggested monthly memberships up until we run out of clips. We had a new lifetime member join the other day, but he was the first in a while now, so have we run out of people who want to join at all? Are people simply reluctant to pay a whole $100 up front in one go? Would monthly access be better?

I don't imagine the site will ever close for good; it just won't grow.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.016 seconds to generate ]