WetlookPro

Message # 2794.3.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: easier said than done

Date: Thu 20/03/03 03:16:50 GMT

Name: MK us

Email: wamtec@compuserve.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Very true....most producers know what they would love to be able to do....if they lived in an ideal world.

The simplest of all devices to have with you is "an extra pair of hands" ...i.e. a friend to come along and help you...i.e. somebody to hold a portable reflector board for you...to drill light onto the subject for you. However...many of us work alone...so for many of our shoots there is nobody to even hold a reflector board for you...and forget about setting one up on a stand if you are filming in a public place...you will attract too much attention and you end up being questioned by cops asking to see a copy of your film permit (which in most cases...most of us shoot on the fly and don't have the time to get one).

Correct me if I am wrong....but I don't think the majority of wetlook fans are looking for "high art" and for things to be filmed in a Penthouse way (i.e. diffused lighted). The entire wetlook genre (as I see it) is NOT about sophisticated artsy lighting ....it is really all about "harsh" lighting...i.e. more harsh the lighting is...the better the wetlook effects art. This is why I do not find any of the Japanese "idol" pics very interesting or satisyfing....because they are all shot in a soft focus and very artsy way...which is very nice as a piece of art...but that kind of diffused lighting does nothing for me personally.

I agree with what the poster says though...i.e. backlit or badly lit scenes are useless too. You don't have to be a great photographer or cameraman in the world to shoot good wetlook...cos this is not about "art"...all you have to do is remember not to shoot into the sun...

MK

In reply to Message (2794.3.1) Info easier said than done

By Kev - kev.styx@ntlworld.com gb Thu 20/03/03 01:32:10 GMT

I think many people are under the impression that producers have the resources of Steven Spielberg to produce their material. We don't have crews of people to lug stuff around.

Styx's outdoor and underwater lighting comes from three 135 amp hour batteries (about double the weight of a normal car battery). Try lifting one, let alone carrying three on location! Even then you get barely one hour of decent lighting, before you have to spend two days re-charging them. Generator? even a a 1 kilowatt generator is hardly portable, then you need to convert to DC current.

I dare say all the producers would like to have hollywood style set ups- are you guys prepared to pay for it?  because it gets added to the cost of the material we produce. If you sell 50 tapes and add on $10 per tape for equipment- you don't get much for $500, equipment wise.

Polarisers are great- but they work best at 90 degrees to the light source- however if you reduce the angle the effect reduces, eventually to nothing. They also reduce the amount of light, so you have to double or quadruple the lighting (volunteers to carry 12 135 amp hour batteries? plus 3 weeks charging between shoots) In addition, as the subject moves you have to physically rotate the filter to get the polarising effect, thus missing the action. You can only use them with fairly stationary subjects- unless of course you can afford a "focus puller" to do it for you- back to having Hollywood Epic crew sizes again :)

Most producers work miracles when you look at the budget they have to work with- feature films work on budgets of maybe $50,000,000- wetlook producers have to do it for $2,000 (including the cost of their equipment)

In reply to Message (2794.3) Read This Re: ? for wetlook & underwater video producers

By soggybottom - us Wed 19/03/03 23:14:44 GMT

Whatever is used they neel a hell of a lot more light and polarized filters.

The arguement I have with some of these productions is that the forget to shoot on the LIGHTED side of the model. So many beauitful shots are ruined because of shadow or insufficient lighting.

Next is GLARE. When you shoot wet things with enough light to properly expose them you get glare. A polarizer cuts the glare and shows texture and color.

OK, OK! Off the soap box.

In reply to Message (2794) Info ? for wetlook & underwater video producers

By Getwet - us Wed 19/03/03 12:13:30 GMT

Just curious to know what type camcorders & cameras are used. From what I've seen of most producers videos the quality's great! Thanks!

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.032 seconds to generate ]