Wetlook-Online

Message # 27921.1.1

Subject: Info Flash Player ...

Date: Sun 11/03/07 13:44:58 GMT

Name: Telcontar gb

Email: mrnemesis@ntlworld.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Bearing in mind that Flash Player has had security issues and that you should ensure you have a version that is secure, as long as the older version is a secure one, why would it keep automatically upgrading?

I don't know specifically. There are several ways to do this. Flash Player itself could do a check and download a new copy, but this would be pretty hard to do. Normally, you'll have a program that runs every time you log into Windows that checks for you. This itself can be found in one of several places depending on how it was implemented. You might find it in Start > (All) Programs > Startup. More commonly, it's hidden away in the Registry to make it all the more awkward and irritating. You would think that Adobe would let you choose whether to run these checks during installation, but I am assuming not! I don't run their installer any more: I install Flash straight into Firefox using the Firefox plugin finder. I don't recall if I got a choice in the past, but I don't think it ever forced me to upgrade.

Assuming there is no such setting, how do you get rid of this feature?

If you have Windows Me or XP there is a supplied tool to help you track these down, called MSConfig, but the preferred tool for this is called Autoruns:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/SystemInformation/Autoruns.mspx

If you install this, run it and switch to the Logon tab (bottom row, 2nd left) you can see everything that starts up when you log in. You should see the Adobe Flash update checker program in there: simply untick it and it won't run any more. (Or you can delete it for good by selecting it and pressing delete (not backspace).

I must caution you that Autoruns is a deadly serious program for experts only, abuse of which will make your computer a complete wreck. Don't alter anything you don't recognise :P

In reply to Message (27921.1) Angry Youtube Works Fine For Me, But I Can't Get MySpace Videos To Load.

By Barry - barryseaweed@yahoo.com us Sun 11/03/07 01:50:35 GMT

MySpace videos never load in IE7 or Firefox, but I can get them to load sometimes in Netscape.  I corrected this problem by deleting Adobe Flashplayer 9.0.28.0 and downloading Adobe Flashplayer 9.0.16.0.  Everytime I do, my computer automatically deletes 9.0.16.0 and replaces it with 9.0.28.0!  I can't figure out how to prevent my computer from making automatic updates.

Attention Adobe,  you can take Flashplayer 9.0.28.0 and stick it up your ass !! Angry

In reply to Message (27921) Question Anyone else having trouble loading Youtube? [nt]

By Gabe - us Sat 10/03/07 21:57:32 GMT

(no text)

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.034 seconds to generate ]