Wetlook-Online

Message # 27454.2.2.1.1.1.1

Subject: Question Huh?

Date: Sun 18/02/07 01:20:04 GMT

Name: Telcontar gb

Email: mrnemesis@ntlworld.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
What about telcontar.net?
In reply to Message (27454.2.2.1.1.1) Note Re: Yes!

By sean (spiddy) - seantraverse@mts.net ca Sat 17/02/07 20:55:46 GMT

telcontar.net Note
In reply to Message (27454.2.2.1.1) Hello Re: Yes!

By Telcontar - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Thu 15/02/07 11:57:24 GMT

Leon -- sure, but we're not a "standard" WAM site that needs the show running for us (our entire site is already built and operational but The Mothership charges twice as much if we don't use their billing services at the least, and then I have to rebuild Steve's site to factor this in) and we don't have a high member turnover so no need to run any of their services at all.

But see my other replies where I address all the complexities of this issue, esp http://forum.minxmovies.com/showc.cgi?27454.1.1.1 . If you and everyone else (members especially) can give me, Bob (and Tom?) a compelling argument to pay $75 a month to use The Mothership (and rebuild the site to integrate the services we have to use to get such a "half price") then I will agree.

And to Graham: reliability is the EXACT REASON I am asking! :-P I don't want a flaky host. I damn well care about reliability from everyone's perspective. The reason I want to change host is to ESCAPE an unreliable host run by monkeys. I simply feel disinclined to believe that every single cheap host is run by monkeys. The question is whether there is a good, cheap host, or whether no matter WHO we go with, we'll still have problems. Can all The Mothership's clients also say that they've never had problems? ICDSoft have had various problems in the years I've been with them, in fact, but their customers still all love them. (I think some problems were my own mistakes, though ;-)

In reply to Message (27454.2.2.1) Talking Yes!

By leonmoomin - leon@mostwet.com wx Thu 15/02/07 11:13:52 GMT

Just take a very quick look around, how many wam sites use themothership?

There are good reasons for that!!!

leonmoomin Peace Man

In reply to Message (27454.2.2) Note No thanks

By Graham (Styx) - gb Thu 15/02/07 06:29:05 GMT

Thanks for thinking of me, but I have a core of happy customers already and they get a really reliable service. I offer very reliable hosting and that comes out a bit more expensive than the discount/cheap offerings. Too many people were looking to save a few bucks rather than considering reliability for their services, sites and members. I therefore decided to pull out of hosting new WAM projects, but I continue to provide services to my longterm customers. I also host around 300 commercial websites, but it was becoming too time-consuming trying to match the discount hosts out there. You get what you pay for and that's why I recommend Mothership to anyone that asks me for hosting.
In reply to Message (27454.2) Hello Re: Web hosting suggestions?

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Wed 14/02/07 20:54:15 GMT

What about grayhost (Graham of the Styx folks)? They've apparently been hosting a number of WAM sites.

In reply to Message (27454) Help Me Web hosting suggestions?

By Telcontar - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Wed 14/02/07 00:04:21 GMT

WetInRed.com (as well as LL, REG Productions etc) is hosted with Globat, who are a bunch of complete monkeys. The hosting is due for renewal at the end of the month, and I want to jump ship and go with a decent host.

Before he died, Steve was set on IX, but I've been reading up on them and they get some pretty terrible reviews. My own host (ICDSoft.com, for my personal site) gets nothing but endless glowing reports, but they're not cut out for large sites like Steve's, else I'd go with them instantly -- they're wonderful.

WetInRed.com has just over 15 GB of files, and uses about 200 GB traffic each month. The site needs PHP 4 and mySQL 4 (all Globat offer!), and Apache hosting (since I'm familiar with Apache).

So far, LunarHost looks to be good bet, maybe Host Gator (but "Gator" as a name instills fear in me ;) -- anyone else have a better suggestion? Obviously, we need plenty of headroom past our present 15 GB/200 GB usage.

I am perfectly happy reconfiguring Apache by hand: all I need is reliability! A host that won't accidentally wipe the site (as Globat did with Steve) or break the stats or the FTP go down for hours in the middle of a big update, or the back-up system settings get wiped by server faults ...

After all, who needs 24/7 live and phone chat (which I don't have with ICD and never desired) when the site works properly in the first place? :P

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.022 seconds to generate ]