MyWetloook

Message # 27454.1.1.1

Subject: Hello Tough issues ...

Date: Thu 15/02/07 01:15:40 GMT

Name: Telcontar gb

Email: mrnemesis@ntlworld.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Marianne/Rik -- been reading reviews on Servage here: http://www.webhostingjury.com/reviews/Servage

One complaint is replicated three times by two different user names, proving that someone is posting spiteful comments against them. That said, they do appear to impose script execution limits that worry me a little. Their overall review level is above Dreamhost, who I have considered, although they're a little more costly. I see that Servage allow legal adult content, same as Lunarpages; DreamHost "... will exercise no control whatsoever over the content of the information passing through the network" which also sounds pretty positive.

So far, it's between DreamHost, Lunarpages, Servage and Host Gator ...

Graham of Styx suggested The Mothership, which are more like $75/month, which forces me to address the issue of whether $100/member is acceptable for $6-10/month hosting if every member covers a year's hosting.

Patrick at The Mothership thinks that no host would ever really offer us our levels of usage. Globat definitely DO, but they're a pain. By the sounds of it, Servage may not and may lock the site down. DreamHost and Lunarpages, I just cannot tell. If we go The Mothership, member price remains the same. If we go with a cheap host, is $100/member still valid? One member per month keeps the site going for 12 years ... To me, $100/member seems very steep for the cheap hosting prices, and no longer has to pay for all the trouble Steve went to to run the site: I rebuilt it and it's far more efficient to run, and I know there will be ways I can improve it yet -- if Tom takes over, he might start telling me what to improve (or, if he can code PHP, alter it himself).

I've talked about this at length with Patrick, CCing WetGod and Tom the Austrian and we'll see what any of them say.

I wish it was down to someone else to sort this all out -- I have no real-world clue about, well, anything :-)

Thanks for the suggestions.

In reply to Message (27454.1.1) Hello Re: Web hosting suggestions? - use Dreamhost

By closetwetlookloverinnyc - us Wed 14/02/07 11:53:59 GMT

I have had very good luck with "Dreamhost"

Lots of features and space for a reasonable price.

And their service is totally decent.

In reply to Message (27454.1) Hello Re: Web hosting suggestions?

By Marianne & Rik - marianneweb@codehot.co.uk gb Wed 14/02/07 07:44:01 GMT

Check out Servage.net. We use them with no problem, (but we are really small amateur outfit). They seem to offer plenty of storage & bandwith.

Marianne & Rik

In reply to Message (27454) Help Me Web hosting suggestions?

By Telcontar - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Wed 14/02/07 00:04:21 GMT

WetInRed.com (as well as LL, REG Productions etc) is hosted with Globat, who are a bunch of complete monkeys. The hosting is due for renewal at the end of the month, and I want to jump ship and go with a decent host.

Before he died, Steve was set on IX, but I've been reading up on them and they get some pretty terrible reviews. My own host (ICDSoft.com, for my personal site) gets nothing but endless glowing reports, but they're not cut out for large sites like Steve's, else I'd go with them instantly -- they're wonderful.

WetInRed.com has just over 15 GB of files, and uses about 200 GB traffic each month. The site needs PHP 4 and mySQL 4 (all Globat offer!), and Apache hosting (since I'm familiar with Apache).

So far, LunarHost looks to be good bet, maybe Host Gator (but "Gator" as a name instills fear in me ;) -- anyone else have a better suggestion? Obviously, we need plenty of headroom past our present 15 GB/200 GB usage.

I am perfectly happy reconfiguring Apache by hand: all I need is reliability! A host that won't accidentally wipe the site (as Globat did with Steve) or break the stats or the FTP go down for hours in the middle of a big update, or the back-up system settings get wiped by server faults ...

After all, who needs 24/7 live and phone chat (which I don't have with ICD and never desired) when the site works properly in the first place? :P

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.010 seconds to generate ]