MyWetloook

Message # 27416.4

Subject: Hello Re: OT: I finally joined the world of HDTV

Date: Mon 12/02/07 20:07:26 GMT

Name: G.O.P. us

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

I have seen that tv while shopping at Costco.  It would be great if it had a cableCARD slot.  With cableCARD you get a security card from the cable company and put it in the slot on the back of your tv and it will unscramble the channels you pay for.  It alos remaps the channel numbers to correspond to the channel numbers on their converters (convenient whole numbers, not decimal channel numbers).  I think that cable companies will want to scramble all digital channels above the first tier of basic.  Scrambling is much better security against pirates than trapping.  You will probably have to get a converter after the analog shut-off, or only have access to channels on the first tier of basic on that tv.  I assume that the tv in your bedroom isn't your only tv.  You will need converters for the analog tv's in the rest of your house.  That is, if your cable company ends analog cable at the same time that analog broadcasting ends.  The FCC's analog turn-off rule only applies to broadcast signals.  Cable is unaffected by this rule.  Cable companies can continue to offer analog cable beyond February 17, 2009.  Of course eventually they will discontinue analog cable, but with all the analog cable-ready tv's in use by customers with  no premium movie channels, it would be very expensive for the cable companies to buy converters for all those people at once.  On the other hand, providing analog service eats HUGE bandwidth that could be put to other uses.  The exact date a cable company will discontinue analog service will be a business decision each cable company will make, not stipulated by government mandate.
In reply to Message (27416) Info OT: I finally joined the world of HDTV

By Desert Hawk - us Mon 12/02/07 08:15:12 GMT

Ever since HDTV came out in 1998 I have wanted one.  However I do not have room for a bigscreen tv, nor can I afford $2000-$5000.  I also wanted an HDTV with a built-in digital tuner.  I have searched tv departments for years and seen lots of bigscreen HDTVs with built-in digital tuners, and lots of small screen "HDTV monitors" or "HD-ready" tvs.  Nothing that I was interested in.  The search got more urgent recently when my old tv in my bedroom started showing signs that it's life was almost over.  Buying a new analog tv today is STUPID, since analog tv will cease to exist in February 2009.  Buying an analog tv today would be as stupid as buying Latvian Lats for my paper money collection, knowing that they will be replaced by the euro probably next year. I had serious doubts that my old tv would last another 2 years.  Fortunately I found the Vizio VX20L at Costco last week..  Apparently so far the ONLY small screen HDTV with a built-in digital tuner on the market!  This tv is wonderful.  I subscribe to Bright House cable analog expanded basic.  I have never subscribed to any premium channels or service tiers, and greatly prefer to use cable-ready tvs instead of converter boxes.  I hooked the cable to my new HDTV and am able to receive 10 digital cable channels, 4 of them in high definition (CBS, NBC, ABC, and PBS).  (I can receive the analog cable channels also, of course).  The high definition channels look absolutely superb!  Every bit as good as HD on a bigscreen tv.  I watched "Lost" last week and there was a woman in tan khaki pants soaking wet.  The picture looked even better than a wetlook picture on the internet. All women look much better in HD than standard definition. This tv is the perfect tv for anyone looking for a smallscreen bedroom size HDTV and/or looking for a low priced HDTV.  A completely modern tv for about the same price as a 19 inch analog tv with dial tuning and no remote would have cost in the late 70's.  I hope that when analog cable is discontinued, that the cable company will send all the digital basic service channels unscrambled.  I do not want to have to use a converter box then.  In the mid 80's my cable company scrambled all channels above 13, rendering cable-ready tuners useless.  Many people including myself complained about this frequently.  They finally relented and left all basic channels unscrambled (they now use in-line filters to prevent reception of expanded basic channels by limited basic subscribers).   Stand up and demand that they do the same for digital basic channels!  Let's demand our right to use built-in clear QAM tuners for digital cable!  No converter boxes!  

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.023 seconds to generate ]