minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Fri 19/04/24 17:37:20 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook-Online
Wetlook-Online

Message # 27352.6.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Webshots speedup tip !

Date: Fri 09/02/07 13:41:07 GMT

Name: woofer brown us

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

FYI, Opera lets you do exactly what you describe: set options on a

site-by-site basis.  You can, as an example, disable Javascript just

on webshots.  

In reply to Message (27352.6.1) Hello Re: Webshots speedup tip !

By Telcontar - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Fri 09/02/07 02:32:33 GMT

Nigel -- this is one of those things that's a tad complicated for users and not something I tend to explain. But yes, selective execution of features is possible in various browsers.

I use AdBlock for Firefox: it's probably the nicest and most flexible implementation of any content control, as long as you have a bit of technical awareness. It has wildcard-based blocking of any embedded and linked page content such as images, objects and linked scripts (but not embedded scripts). For example, I've blocked all JavaScript at Webshots, which speeds up the site a little. I also use it to remove Flash movies that play undesirably (such as the one at Wet Kahuna on the front page) or eat CPU.

You can use other Firefox extensions for more specific control of individual features. The NoScript extension is dedicated to blocking JavaScript on a per-site basis and can also stop the execution of embedded scripts, whereas AdBlock only blocks the inclusion of JS files. FlashBlock does the same for Flash: control whether Flash movies are embedded.

Having said that: to the best of my current knowledge, the new Webshots site design is inherently slow in ways that cannot be remedied. I've not tried to find out what they're doing that makes it perform so badly compared to all other sites, but it has dramatically reduced my willingness to follow Webshots links. Where I used to lap them all up like a thirst cat, now I tend to avoid them knowing that they'll bog down the browser (Firefox or Opera) no matter what I do.

As far as other browsers go: iCab on the Macintosh has by far the best filtering of script, image and plugin objects, and Opera has a limited native ability to filter on a per-site basis.

The problem is that understanding it all is very hard. You and I are both able to do it with relative ease, but most people haven't a clue, and wouldn't understand if we explained it (and probably stopped reading this, too, in a daze). Turning JavaScript on and off manually is a real chore, and makes use of a tabbed browser worthless: turning it off for the Webshots tabs will render any JavaScript-dependent tabs like Gmail dead in the water ... This is why selective filtering matters. Worse, some sites have good AND bad JavaScript -- selective filtering allows removal of the bad parts while leaving the good parts active.

As long as Webmasters continue to have no interest in good code, good practice and respect for older hardware, there won't be an easy way out of this mess. The best answer is to collect nerd friends and get them to come over and do it for you ;-)

In reply to Message (27352.6) ADMIN Webshots speedup tip !

By nigel - nigel@wetlook.com gb Thu 08/02/07 23:48:42 GMT

With JavaScript (JS) enabled, clicking on a thumbnail in a gallery gives you the 'medium' sized picture, BUT it is actually delivered in Flash format, but obviously not animated. I have Firefox with Flash disabled , it just shows a Play button that you have to click.

Anyhow, if you disable JS (it would be nice to be able to set this on a per site basis !) then the medium sized pic is then a proper image which can be saved as normal, and the page loads much quicker too !

With JS disabled, everything else still works fine on Webshots, to get the full-sized pic, just click the link given. Just remember to re-enable JS when you've done.

Nigel

In reply to Message (27352) Sad webshots has died

By webshots has died !!! - uu Thu 08/02/07 19:09:09 GMT

webshots has died !!!  you can no longer save the pictures that are on it, the video-option does not work properly

text is unreadable, at the right side of the page , every bit of text, buttons image-previews are not visable anymore how come ?

will it ever work again ???

could it all be linked to a possable virus or did the creaters of webshots just screw up?

please let me know  what's going on arround here !

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.021 seconds to generate ]