WetlookPro

Message # 25769.1.1.1.1

Subject: Info Citizendium, wetlook

Date: Sun 12/11/06 20:02:05 GMT

Name: Telcontar gb

Email: mrnemesis@ntlworld.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Curious. They will require that people post content under their real names, which could deal a huge blow to many topics where anonymity is paramount. Not just for keeping your parents out of the loop, but the well-documented problem of employers looking to see what you get up to. I have no problems with my real name being attached to an article about the Acorn MOS or Acorn DFS for example (80s British home computing topics which I have written about on Wikipedia) but wetlook as a sexual fetish? You have got to be kidding me!

How many people on this site are willing to reveal their real names? We know a few first names, like Graham and Steve. But full names? Far fewer. Anyone who's vaguely curious and who pays attention to my posts would soon figure out my real name, but a Google search for "Telcontar" will not throw up my posts here easily (from which certain people would realise it's me and not dismiss them as being by one of the other Telcontars).

After a debate with Graham and Kev from Styx, I am going to reliquish all plans to work on the Wikipedia entry for wetlook. It's not for me ... it's too tangled and complex a subject and I won't take the route of "well, someone has to do it!" this time around. I'll leave that to people who know what they doing. If I do get a reply from Todd about posting a photo of his to the article (I did have a provisional yes in the past) I may still do this, just to publicly kick off the idea of illustrating what is an obviously visual subject, but I am not sure now. What I never was able to obtain, from general lack of response, is either a) any consensus on how best illustrate it (since there are so many angles to cover and so little space on a short page to place them without overloading the page) and more importantly, b) photos that cover all the angles.

Ignoring candid for now (a very thorny issue), there is the case of clubs for swimming in clothes as a social activity. I tried to get a response from all the clubs about this, but the result was rather empty. I did have a load of mail from Cestrius about it but I've just realised that ntl's retarded mail policy meant that it's all been erased for being over 90 days old -- they give you IMAP-style webmail and yet delete all mail over 90 days old, read or unread. So that's all gone. Watch out, ntl users!

But why do people have clothed swimming clubs? It's mostly all men, but do they just find it a suitably daft way to hang out or does it still pleasure them? Are these social clubs where all the men are in pleasure? Wetlook is of interest to gay men, but are these clubs gay, hetero, bi or a mixture?

As you know, there is a crossover -- men who like looking at wet women as well as getting wet themselves, but I don't know how this reflects the clubs. How many are there for gay men to look at other wet men?

A note on candid -- it has to be said that as girls learn that boys like wet clothes, they become more interested in getting wet to turn on the boys, you will see this in some of the captions at Webshots.

But this is another reason why I will decline to edit the article and I think, honestly, even post a photo from Todd even if I am allowed: it's too complicated an issue and for an *encyclopaedic* site, I need more facts before I can write anything conclusive. I don't want to illustrate a subject unless I can be sure to do it in a way that doesn't give a bias, and that can only be handled if you know what the full gamut is, and as such, then you need to write about it in full.

As for Citizendium (oops, that was what I meant to write about in this post!) ... I take two views of it. The good side is that it should end up far better written than the very immaturely and informally-written Wikipedia with its very patchy coverage of topics. The bad sides, though ... Firstly, the exposure of a real name will hurt some topics that are well-understood by the participants, like wetlook, but that experts really haven't ever gone into. Plus, the degree of red tape that is suggested at Citizendium puts me off, as I like to just be free to do as I please when and how I like, with zero restrictions. With my own site this is relatively true as I wrote not only all the content but all of the back-end too so I can do as I please. Wikipedia though does have a greater degree of freedom that I do appreciate, but it has its down side that there is so much unverified material (including what I write except where I actually get out a manual or file system spec to consult) that you really have to be careful what you believe.

It will be interesting to see how it develops. But I do love Wikipedia, and so does the person behind Citizendium, who was its inventor! The original intention was to have Nupedia (now, Citizendium) and Wikipedia run in parallel, with the latter helping to generate content for the former, which instead died/was killed off. Now it will return, and hopefully good will come from it.

But how long will it be before when people see a subtle reference to wetlook on a forum profile somewhere (say, mine) they will instinctively turn to Citizendium for quality reference material? Until then, the Wikipedia entry needs itself to be suitable for the task.

(OK this post is a bloody novel :P I need to get out more ...)

In reply to Message (25769.1.1.1) Hello Re: Wikipedia and candid wetlook?

By wetimer - isthisobscureenough@yahoo.co.uk uu Sun 12/11/06 06:28:14 GMT

One of the guys who started wikipaedia is starting a new site called citizendium to address some of the limitations of wikipaedia. This would be one of them! I'm sure if you do a search for it on the web you can find out more. Might be a more rewarding vehicle for your efforts.

wetimer

In reply to Message (25769.1.1) Hello Re: Wikipedia and candid wetlook?

By Telcontar - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Sun 12/11/06 01:53:40 GMT

I do know how Wikipedia works!

I just don't want a war over the article, someone coming back and removing the text every time I revert it. If they have a reason why it should be removed, it should be clarified. I will most likely just revert it later (with some text clean-up too).

In reply to Message (25769.1) Hello Re: Wikipedia and candid wetlook?

By WetCasual - klesbader@spray.no no Sun 12/11/06 01:47:46 GMT

Unfortunately,  that is the problem with Wikipedia - anyone can freely edit articles to their suit... I'd suggest reverting the page to an earlier version (anyone can do that) and, if you're registered, post a complaint in the Talk section about the page.
In reply to Message (25769) Question Wikipedia and candid wetlook?

By Telcontar - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Sat 11/11/06 19:36:45 GMT

Take a look at this edit to the Wetlook article on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wetlook&diff=prev&oldid=81748319

An unknown entity delete the entire section on candid wetlook from the page. Can anyone shed any light as to why this edit may have been made? No reason was left and there is no username to lodge a question with, although I posed the question on the article's talk page.

To me, it seemed factual and well-written, so why would anyone remove it?

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.002 seconds to generate ]