WetlookPro

Message # 2559.3.1.2

Subject: Hello Re: Re: Re: feedback

Date: Mon 03/03/03 20:53:07 GMT

Name: Kev gb

Email: kev.styx@ntlworld.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
No problem, you're welcome.

I don't know if I'm misunderstanding you, forgive me if I am, but you stand little chance of supplying video via a 100Kbps connection.

People can only download as fast as you can upload, that means anyone downloading from you can achieve a maximum of 100Kbps (the speed of your upstream).

If you have two or more people downloading at the same time this bandwidth will be shared between them. This will effectively "throttle" their download speed, so even broadband users will get 28K dial up performance or worse.

If you would like to contact me by email for any advice then please feel free to do so.

It's the "pipe size" that is the problem on supplying video; for example, if you allow for 10 people (at any one time) to be able to download at broadband rates (say 512kbps) you will need a upstream connection speed of around 5Mbps which is 50 times more than you seem to have.

If you are using your own server (as opposed to a co-located one)this means you will need a "leased line" from a telecoms company.

BT supply them, the minimum they do is is 8Mbps and these cost £18,000 per year (plus VAT of course)-$34,000 to our American friends :)

I don't know what your plans are for content, but you may rapidly use up your 6Gb. We have used just over 6Gb in 4 months on the member's site.

As I say, if you would like to email me for more advice, (I've been through all this for Styxwetworld). The whole issue is far more complex than many people think and the costs involved are huge! That's why people who go on so much about "free material" tend to get short shrift from us- they have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

In reply to Message (2559.3.1) Hello Re: Re: feedback

By katmint - gb Mon 03/03/03 10:13:54 GMT

its a great help thanks.

Its not the size as i got 6gb free , its the bandwith suck from my server that bothers me , would take ages for peeps to get video and i am sure complaints would fly up lol.

I can only get 100k a sec max , and that soon max my connection out , and my isp would go up the wall.

1GB limit per day would soon be overtook.

Thanks a million mate i will look into it

In reply to Message (2559.3) Hello Re: feedback

By Kev - kev.styx@ntlworld.com gb Mon 03/03/03 10:09:13 GMT

you may be best with mpeg1 for your video, it's about the the most "cross platform" compatible format there is. A movie should open with whatever viewer the computer has without searching for codecs

The file sizes can be large but it gives good quality.

You can download a free encoder here

http://www.tmpgenc.net/

if you are struggling with file sizes/server capacity this softwere gives you the option to alter resolution and bitrate to reduce the file size. It also has simple editing functions and can allow you to alter colours and contrast too.

Hope this helps

In reply to Message (2559) Confused feedback

By Kat and mint - gb Mon 03/03/03 08:50:26 GMT

we really do need your feedback on performance and accsess problems on new url.

Is there anything u would like to see up on there because space is no longer a issue.

thanks

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.018 seconds to generate ]