WetlookPro

Message # 25216.1.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: server technology

Date: Fri 13/10/06 09:41:20 GMT

Name: AnthonyX ca

Email: anthonyx@jowc.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

OK, so I have a major intellectual investment in Microsoft technologies (not to mention all the Windows computers).

My site uses not only ASP but some COM objects which I wrote to do some very specific things, plus I am using some databases. I have a host of reasons for all of this including personal skill set development for career purposes, maintainability of databases (easier when it's local), and besides, who would let you install a COM object or run all sorts of script on a FREE host WITHOUT advertising cluttering up your pages, bandwidth/space limitations, etc.? My guess is nobody.

Put it all together and any movement either physical or technological is a major undertaking and brings with it trade-offs I'm not prepared to make.

Prior to these most recent problems, things were getting quite stable.

By the way, my latest issues are starting to look like nothing more than a BAD CABLE!!!

In reply to Message (25216.1.1) Question Re: Sorry folks!

By Telcontar - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Thu 12/10/06 22:17:12 GMT

You run your own server *and* you run IIS ...?

I remember IIS ... A few years back I started a job and my office PC ran Windows 98. ColdFusion Studio seemed to leak all the system resources so I asked for Win 2000. IIS in Win2k refused to do anything (maybe since I actually upgraded 98 to 2000) so my boss just suggested I try Apache. So I did. Apache just worked :)

I have no idea why you're running IIS ... seems nuts to me. I'm allowed to run a shitty server at home since my server runs Mac OS 9.1 and Apache for that (Tenon WebTen) was $99 at the close-out sale. But anyone running Windows ... nuts. Just nuts. My only beef with Apache 1.3, I've found, is that it forces you to state your server name for formulating redirects whereas MacHTTP feeds off the Host line to drive redirects. Seems that Apache 2 solves this, but Apple still ship 1.3 with Mac OS X and, although I don't fiddle with those particular settings there, so does the company that hosts my site, last I checked.

In reply to Message (25216.1) Sad Sorry folks!

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Thu 12/10/06 18:35:29 GMT

I've been doing some reconfiguration of my network and it's been causing me some extreme grief. This time, it's not IIS that's the problem, it's been my new firewall/router. Apparently a very popular model, but starting to look like something of a lemon!

In reply to Message (25216) Bad Eyes Joys of Wet Clothing (jowc.net) needs a new host :P

By Telcontar - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Thu 12/10/06 17:21:51 GMT

The site is dead once again. What's it being run on, tin cans and string? Damn, that thing needs relocating to a site that works. Dreamhost, ICD, Nearly Free Speech, anywhere that doesn't run bloody IIS :P

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.020 seconds to generate ]