Wetlook-Online

Message # 25176.2.1

Subject: Info Re: Lack of replies to those who sell

Date: Tue 10/10/06 14:39:30 GMT

Name: Absolutely Soaked us

Email: webmaster@absolutelysoaked.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Todd:  Keep your head up.  I understand the feeling and have been there myself.  I've been a member of the online wetlook community since the mid-90's, so I've seen tons of people come and go.  Despite the disparity of wetlook tastes and opinions, there is always one constant that I keep noticing.  People gravitate and pay the most attention to what's new.  Should it be that way?  Maybe, maybe not.  Does it make you feel taken for granted?  Sure.  But if what you're doing makes you happy & you can break even doing it, who cares how many replies you get?  On average, replies to my posts have dwindled too, but I still enjoy getting models wet, so I keep going.  It makes me happy to produce material that I enjoy & be able to recver my costs, while also making others happy too.  

John:  As I mentioned above, the one common denominator I've noticed is that people gravitate to "new."  New models, new material, new locations, new outfit choices, new producers, new amatuers, etc, etc.  I don't always change it up as much as I should, especially in the departments of outfit choices and locations, but as you, yourself, pointed out, you haven't produced any new material since 1999.  Do you expect people to join your site over and over again to view the same material over and over?  Your DVD's and CD's have been out long enough that whoever was interested in buying one probably has already.  Yes, it is true that the number of people who actually support wetlook producers is extremely low compared to the number in the community, but that's just the way it is and we're not going to change human nature.  If you don't give them something new, they're going to move on to someone who will.  You've got a great eye for wet jeans, but unless you apply that eye to some new material, you're more likely to loose that one member than gain additional ones.  

In reply to Message (25176.2) Depressed Re: Lack of replies to those who sell

By John - us Tue 10/10/06 14:06:44 GMT

You might want to put me in the category of 'professionals', since I've owned and run the Jean Pool site for over 10 years, until you consider the pathetic sales the site generates.   Right now there is only one member in the members section, and not a single dvd or cd rom has sold in more than a few months.    I simply don't have the funds to produce new movies unless it comes from sales, so I haven't been able to make a new movie since about 1999.

So what it takes to get people to pay for wetlook, I just don't know, and I'm supposed to be one of the professionals.   My cd rom is probably the best collection of wet-jeans photos availabel with over 1200 pictures, and it's only $10 but still people don't buy that.     The Kelly movies always draw praise, and that's partly because I spent a lot of time editing and refining the footage to produce the best possible movie.    I've also cut the prices to make them competitive and yet they still don't sell.    Over the site's entire history, it's never sold enough to do more than barely pay expenses.

I don't spam this forum with ads every day like some other producers.   Is that what it takes to get sales?

Do people think my site is dead just because it isn't 'updated' often?    Do people decline to buy things because they think I'm making a mint from the site?  If either is the case, it's the public making it that way by not buying anything to provide the money for updates and new material.

In reply to Message (25176) Talking Lack of replies to those who sell

By Todd - jet@jetwetfun.com us Tue 10/10/06 12:51:16 GMT

It has long been known that this forum shuns anyone who produces wetlook and attempts to sell anything.  Jennifer and I both knew this when we started to sell photo sets and expected it.  However, why does this happen?  I'll use an example.  The photo set we just released contains around 187 photos.  We posted 9 of those photos (well, 8 since I forgot to fix the one link last night) and I thought they weren't too bad for the amateurs we are.  We got 1 response in this forum.  Now, let's assume for a minute that we're somebody who posts everything for free as we had done in the past and in this situation we posted lets say 5 photos from a wet adventure.  We chose to share these 5 photos from our personal wetlook endeavor.  In this situation we probably would have had I'm guessing maybe 5 or 7 reponses .. all with their tongues hanging out!  I thought that posting 9 sampe photos was being very generous, and in fact it might have hurt sales because it makes people less curious about what's in the set.  So my question is why does this happen?  As soon as anyone tries to recover some of the costs from this stuff, the community ignores them.  I'm not bitter about it or anything because we both fully expected this would happen when we started to sell photo sets.  But what we all have to remember is that the amateurs out there aren't getting rich.  They might be making a little on the side, but they still do it more for the comments than the money.  If the interest doesn't seem to be there, many of the amateurs may disappear.  Does this community just want the full "professionals" doing wetlook or is there room for the "little guys" here too?  The big producers will continue to sell stuff because they're making a living at this and have to continue with their work or go back to their previous job.  What about the little guys?  If there doesn't seem to be interest, they will disappear.  Is that what we want?

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.030 seconds to generate ]